[ROM][Official][4.4.2] SlimKat Stable 3.0

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Last edited:

Nexoidian

Jul 27, 2009
I'm at work right now so I can't download and test until I get to Wi-Fi. Just wondering if the proximity sensor is working on this build? I'm running kitkang and getting annoyed by it not working.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

steven.singer

Feb 20, 2009
DL now. I'm usually a rom stalker. I dont have anything going on today and I've leached enough over the years. I'll try to share some useful insight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Chaos2092

Aug 16, 2011
Oh man, figures I just got the previous build up and running Friday night haha, I'll be installing this after my commute back to school and getting some homework done, I'm so pumped for this

mrtruckincowboy

Jun 16, 2011
Tethering doesn't work. Had couple freezes had it in art. Ill give dalvik a shot for a bit

mrtruckincowboy

Jun 16, 2011
There are apps that can change that in the play store if don't want to edit it manual

mitchallica

Dec 17, 2012
PERFECT!

I've been rooting for 5 years now and have never actually edited something in there. Wonder what else I can do ...

Just a friendly suggestion - I would try keeping it at the stock slim DPI for a while, you probably will learn to love it. I always changed it to stock android myself but once I kept it on the 361 DPI, I got hooked. I would never change the DPI now.

Reactions: Flug and cordell12

reinert012

Jun 4, 2010
Just a friendly suggestion - I would try keeping it at the stock slim DPI for a while, you probably will learn to love it. I always changed it to stock android myself but once I kept it on the 361 DPI, I got hooked. I would never change the DPI now.

It hurts my eyes just a tid bit but it certainly is nice to have all the realesate on the screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.
    1.7, I'm still getting no WiFi TETHERING

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

what are you waiting for? FIX IT :eek:
    Full WIPE is needed, even if you are on a previous 4.4 Alpha
    New build, double SMS should be gone. overall feel of UI is smoother. not having a good time with these damn sensors, opening app called "compass" and switching from portrait to landscape, then back seems to kick-start sensors. also, in Nova you must turn on auto-rotate.

http://d-h.st/A3v <--New Build, OP Updated as well.
    How bout a 1.4 Beta? :D

It is uploading, you will find it here ---> http://d-h.st/users/cordell

shouldnt be much longer for it to finish, be sure you grab the vzw build :silly: