Non Booting Nook HD+, need some input...

Search This thread

Bleedin_Sarge

Dec 21, 2013
unxthallows.com
Okay, I've had my Nook HD+ for a while running on CM (do not remember the last update version...). Anyway, over the last three months the battery life has been getting worse, and the battery meter has been getting random readings. It was doing this off and on from when I got the device, but I really did not think much of it because the device was still alive and kicking. As of this last weekend, the Nook randomly died and refuses to boot. When I hook it up to my computer, the green charging light comes on and I am presented with an "OMAP4470" device in the device manager. However, after about five minutes of being plugged in, the green light changes to orange, and the nook logo comes up on the screen; but that is all it does, at this time, it no longer presents the "OMAP4470" devices, but shows up as "Blaze_Tablet" instead. I am trying to bring this thing back to life, but feel like its a lost cause. "OMAP4470" is prolly the serial flashing interface of the CPU from my guess, which means the eMMC prolly got messed up pretty badly during the random power off that happened.

I am looking for any and all input that may help get this little machine alive and kicking again.

Bleedin_Sarge

Dec 21, 2013
unxthallows.com

Bleedin_Sarge

Dec 21, 2013
unxthallows.com
Alrighty, made the bootable sd, and it will not boot to cyanogenmod. /bootdata is missing or something similar. just boots to cwm recovery everytime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Alrighty, made the bootable sd, and it will not boot to cyanogenmod. /bootdata is missing or something similar. just boots to cwm recovery everytime.

The go to item 6 in my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash the plain stock zip from there. That will get you back to plain stock and you can start over.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

dtonebk

Aug 28, 2012

hey, have you found any solution for this bug? im getting exactly same problem with may nook hd+, can you give me something to boot my tablet again?

Bleedin_Sarge

Dec 21, 2013
unxthallows.com
I jus havent had the time to fix it, so I bought galaxy tab 2. So this topic can be marked for locking or etc.