[#DLGITHUBIO]

[#INFOOMNI]

Specials added on top of Official OmniRom Source
  • All in One Animation Control
  • Battery Saver mode
  • On-The-Go mode
  • Implement App circle sidebar
  • follow dark 4.4 UI
Those features have never been ready for official Omni, but people spend a lot of time writing those features and i really like those.

I am trying to release an security update monthly after google publish android security bulletins.

Support development
[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
[unified][4.4.4] OmniROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
Android-Andi, Ziyan
Source Code: https://github.com/omni-security

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Final Build availabl

Created 2017-08-12
Last Updated 2017-08-18

Radder124

Oct 19, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23
Hello everyone, first of all, great work @Android-Andi thank you to take the time to support our old device !
And then sorry for my noob questions but :
- I didn't quite understand the difference between device specific and unified builds and I don't want to make a mistake flashing the wrong one.
- What is the main difference between Omni 4.4, Omni 6.0 or Slim 6.0? I want to use one of those but I don't know which one :D I think Omni 4.4 is the closest from what I had with the official Jelly Bean ROM and the 2 others are optimized version of Marshmallow. And is Slim 6.0 faster than Omni 6.0?

Thank you again

I didn't quite understand the difference between device specific and unified builds and I don't want to make a mistake flashing the wrong one.
Unified builts are for all types of tuna: Maguro, Toro, Toro+. When booting only the needed (device specific) drivers are loaded, but the drivers fir all supported devices are on board...

Reactions: Radder124

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Unified works on all tuna variants: maguro, toro and toroplus at same time. It detects your variant on first boot and places needed files. That's the one I'll compile in future too.

Which rom is the best? Use the power of your TWRP and try it out. Test one, check if it fits your needs. :) If not, make a backup and try a different rom.

bamtan2

Mar 15, 2012
Which rom is the best? Use the power of your TWRP and try it out. Test one, check if it fits your needs. :) If not, make a backup and try a different rom.

I can ask you a different question :) With all the new ROMs, I don't know which ROM you would like to receive bug reports from. Crash logs, etc. I know there is no point giving you CM12.1 crash logs. Which ROM would you like us testing and reporting bugs from?

Reactions: Vincy1993

Oberhorst0815

Jan 28, 2015
Thank you for providing this ROM! I finally found a ROM with a working camera for the Gnex with security patches (from 2017-07).

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Those who are on 4.4:
AOSP Browser was removed for security reasons. Most lightweight Browser use KitKats webview which isn't up to date any more and there's ATM no proper way to update it.

You should use a browser which has its own webview implementation like Chrome, Firefox or Chromium.
From what I have tested Chromium seems to be a good solution. Here's my self compiled Chromium:
https://github.com/andi34/prebuilt_chromium/raw/master/ChromePublic.apk
(It's only missing h264 encoder for legal reasons...H.264 is not a free codec and I don't have the license for distributing)

For Android 5+
https://github.com/andi34/prebuilt_chromium/raw/master/ChromeModernPublic.apk

For Android 7+
https://github.com/andi34/prebuilt_chromium/raw/master/MonochromePublic.apk

madspeed

Sep 19, 2013
I've been away from the scene for a while so please catch me up. Does this rom bypass carrier limitations when using usb tether?

paolocorpo

Jan 9, 2013
Sassoferrato
Dear developer,
firstable many thanks for your Rom
I was using OMNI 4.4.4 dated 2015 but I was living issue with GMAIL, HANGOUT and GDRIVE
Today I discovered your product and Installed it on my MAGURO with a clean installation
Unfortunately after few hours I am suffering reboot
The system boots well but after few seconds it reboots itself ... continuosly ... :(
I am using omni_tuna-4.4.4-20180311-1556
I used GAPPS open_gapps-arm-4.4-pico-20180427
I rooted with SUperSU 2.82 R5

I tried to wipe cache, dalvik-cache, system and reinstall the rom and the gapps wo success
I tried to remove root wo success

HAve you some idea to help me ?
Thanks
Paolo

[EDIT]
I wiped all (clean installation) and installed the older version of rom (omni_tuna-4.4.4-20180128-0005)
[I noted that this version is bigger than the newer of around 30MB ...)
Same GAPPS af above
Same root of above
It runs well now ... cross the fingers ;) and stay tuned :)

Last edited:

paolocorpo

Jan 9, 2013
Sassoferrato
The request from root was one of my suspect

Do you suggest to flash new kernel after last updated ROM, gapps and root and so before the first boot ?

Do you confirm that this workaround is not necessary with the previous version ?

Are you able to identify which version needs and which didn't ?
For instance I am using the January version .... Did I need to flash new kernel ?

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts