[MOD][Xposed]XInsta (2.0.4) - Download Images/Videos From Instagram

Search This thread

dibowz

Jul 7, 2015
Jakarta
I know it's a rookie question but are you sure your edXposed is working properly and if it is - are you sure you activated the module?
If you followed the steps I mentioned in this thread couple of days ago it should be working.

This one right? Yes, I've followed those exact steps. And yes, my edxposed is working properly and I've already activated it and I did reboot my device. I have some modules too and they're working perfectly fine. Here's some proofs:

Attachments

• 2019-9-6_17-37-2.jpg
    2019-9-6_17-37-2.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 303
  • Screenshot_20190906-173817.png
    Screenshot_20190906-173817.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 309

Gruber008

Jul 17, 2011
Split
This one right? Yes, I've followed those exact steps. And yes, my edxposed is working properly and I've already activated it and I did reboot my device. I have some modules too and they're working perfectly fine. Here's some proofs:

May I ask you why are you using edXposed on Oreo when there's Xposed?

I've never used edXposed on anything besides Pie so I don't really know how to help you - it really should be working if you followed those steps and if you downloaded the EXACT version of Instagram.

fijasko

Mar 17, 2012
I've been uninstalled instagram for a year because I thought xinsta was dead, and I'd like to go back install it again today. I already installed the test-apk and instagram v106 also activated it on my ed-xposed and enables the experimental hooks and download the hooks again from github/pastebin like u guys did, but why am I still can't download posts or stories? There used to be an additional option button like "download" when we clicked the three dots button right? Are we can't download posts/stories anymore? Please help :(
why are you using experimental hooks finder? i don't and everything is working for me with edxposed, new test apk and ig v106.
try turning experimental hooks off, restart your phone, update hooks, kill insta app and try again. also make sure you gave storage permission in your instagram app and xinsta app

edit: I see now that you're using it in oreo, maybe xinsta test apk doesn't work as it should with oreo

Last edited:

nachbu

Jun 26, 2013
is anyone still able to use the "Direct Share Downloading" feature?
it has stopped working for me for a while now :(

polarbeerd

Aug 31, 2019
The story hide feature works fine as well as the others but download features are not working on mine. It does not download direct messages. And for example there is a download button in stories and posts but when I press, nothing happens. When I update hooks and kill the app it works but I do it everytime when I want to download... Anyone experienced this?

adrikiller07

Dec 7, 2013
I got my account suspended for 2 days because "you used a service to increase your likes or followers", which I didn't.
So now I cannot like any post.

Is it possible it is for XInsta? Is the only "tool" I am using on instagram.

Edit to explain better:
First time this showed up, they made me change my password. The second time, a few hours laters, they suspend the possibility to like any post.

This just happened to me, Instagram asked me to change my password. For the moment I have disabled xinsta.
Does anyone else have this problem?

DvLAx3l

Jan 27, 2011
Naples
Android Wear
OnePlus 5
Reactions: DarkSJ1998

DarkSJ1998

I just flash this zip and use the old edxposed apk? Do I need the riru core?
As far as I know, you need Riru Core v19.5, EdXposed v0.4.6.x (it's available only on GitHub on the issues page of EdXposed as of now).

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

It work! I'm on a Pixel 3 XL with Android 10 using edxposed sandhook 4.6.0, xinsta test apk and Instagram 106.
Did you flash the YAHFA one or the Sandhook?

EDIT: My bad, v0.4.6.0 is only available with Sandhook.

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: vacs03

vacs03

Aug 28, 2010
I just flashed riru core v19.5, edxposed 0.4.6.0, edxposed apk, xinsta test apk and it works, only profile pics low res

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This module is based on MohammadAG's Instagram Downloader that is no longer supported.

Download:
    The module is available on the Xposed Repo.

Features:
    - Change Default Save Locations
    - Comment Copy Feature (Removed by Instagram)
    - Direct Share Downloading
    - Feed Downloading
    - Follow Color Indicator (Indicates when someone is following you)
    - Following/Follower Data To List (See all the users you are following)
    - Force Touch Downloading
    - Profile Icon Downloading
    - Stories Downloading
    - Stories Timer Removal
    - Unique Hook Updating

Instructions:
    Once you have downloaded the module simply open the module via your App Drawer or Xposed (Xposed -> Module -> XInsta).
    Once the module has opened click update hooks and choose a source option (Some countries block Pastebin).
    This will fetch the latest hooks for Instagram and you will be ready to download image/video from Instagram.
    Please make to do the step detailed above before posting for help.

To Do List (Request/Bugs):
    Resolve Remaining Broken Features

Screenshots:
    K62oHVZ.png
    9FaavLz.png

Source Code:
    GitHub - Link
    XInsta 2.0.4. is now out! The first addition is some more translations along with some updated translations. In the past update I added a URL signature resolution bypass. As Instagram tweaks this more some devices don't need this fix, while others encounter issues with it. By default the feature will be off. If you notice post are now downloading in lower resolution (480x480, 640x640, 750x750) you will need to enable this feature. For most modern 1080P devices this bypass is not needed at all. DPI can cause a need for this bypass, but if you are using a Nexus 5 for example this bypass is not needed because Instagram already provides max resolution to you (1080x1080).

Profile icons will once again download at max resolution if the user has the best quality uploaded (1080x1080). Due to the bypass you may notice an additional 1-3 second delay when downloading profile icons. I also fixed a rare filename issue that would cause a username to use a placeholder. In terms of people once again asking why an update is not released yet I based everything on EST (8:30 PM - Monday now). Every time I get ready to release an update I have someone report an issue or bug that I work to fix at the last minute. I also of course like most people work 8+ hours a day, so it is not like I have all day of free time to work on XInsta.

Last, I would like to address the concerns regarding Instagram completely breaking XInsta. Eventually it will likely come. If Instagram rolls of unique URL signatures for every viewed post (Changes every time) XInsta would have a lot of issues. I will work on XInsta as long as I can, but if Instagram does decide to completely counter XInsta it has been a fun time. Enjoy the module!
    I wanted to give an update on the matter since I have gotten quite a few messages and emails regarding this issue. The current fix is to use the original URL and be restricted to the devices sizes/DPI, which dictates the image/video size provides by Instagram. So instead of getting a full resolution (1080x1080) image/video you might get a 640x640 image/video. This is all done on Instagram's end with it's API. In terms of some proposed fixes they are not solutions. For example, the cache is going to have the same size image/video (Because I am getting the URL Instagram is using).

Unofficial API options are not a solution for private accounts and due to Instagram new stance on unofficial API usage (Breaking things and preventing them). The goal/solution at the moment is to just hook Instagram and see if I can make Instagram request higher resolution image/video. This may be by making a device look like a tablet to Instagram's API request for example (Big screen - Higher Resolution Images/Videos). I will be releasing an update either way tonight with bug fixes. If I am able to find a solution I will implement it in the update. Otherwise I will be having XInsta download from original URLs (May be scaled depending on device).
    XInsta 2.0.3 is now out! This updates resolves a lot of issues and bug. The first being direct message downloads. Direct messages that are not disappearing (In chat) had some issues downloading, but that is now resolved. We had some filename bugs as well that have been squashed. The main issue was when the "URL Format As Filename" option was enabled. Push notifications also had some issues due to some JSON changes. These are now resolved. The settings activity was having issues for a few users using Android 4.4 and lower. This is related to an older Android bug related to list that was resolved in recent versions.

Lastly, I implemented a fix for the new URL signatures enforcement. All posts/downloads will take advantage of this besides profile icons. This is because profile icons are supposed to be small, so Instagram will only provide them as 150x150. URL signatures are an interesting obstacle Instagram has thrown at this module and other projects. We will have to wait and see Instagram's next step. Please let me know if you have any issues with downloads. I tried to test as many devices as I could, but I always wish I had more to test with. Enjoy the module!

PS: I just want to remind everyone of the Xposed update bug that can cause Xposed to use a cached version of the module instead of the new APK. If this update does not fix your issue please uninstall XInsta, reboot, install XInsta, and reboot once more.
    I figured I would address the current issues with XInsta directly on XDA for the users that don't monitor GitHub or email me. Instagram has been moving to obfuscation in alpha versions for a while. Last week they moved it to beta versions. Yesterday they moved it to a stable release in Instagram 52.0.0.8.83 (1159948). What does this mean for XInsta? It means XInsta requires a lot more manually work to get working for updates. When Instagram in the past released five versions in a day I could support them all because I could easily automatically get hooks. The easiest way to explain Instagram's obfuscation is they took almost all their files and threw them in one folder with random file names.

So you have about 21,000 random Java files in one folder and you know 70 of them are class hooks for XInsta. To explain it further here is an example of XInsta's hooks for a pre-obfuscation version (1154583;com.instagram.feed.r.b.aj;com.instagram.feed.c.ax). The first item is the Instagram version code, second is the feed three dot icon download option inject class, and the third is the main feed that has all posts information. In a obfuscated version you have 1156850;X.4aY;X.1Ee. The folder X and then a random name for one of the 21,000+ files in there. This doesn't affect just affect classes. It affects methods and fields.

It comes down to time. Can I get a automated solution working for this? Or am I going to have to dedicate two hours to every update? As I see more obfuscated versions I will see how far Instagram tends to go with it. I am working on adding hook support for the recent stable release. Alpha and beta releases for the time being may not be supported due to their frequency.