Petition HTC an Verizon to unlock our bootloader!

Search This thread

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
I created this http://www.change.org/petitions/htc...unlock-the-droid-incredible-4g-lte-bootloader. to petition the unlock of the bootloader. We can't just sign a petition an pray for it to happen. We must get on their Facebook, twitter an any social media site they have pressuring them into this. Don't go post "hey assholes unlock our device", that won't help, just makes you look stupid! Post on their something like "I've been with you since 2005,long time customer, but you locking my device down in unacceptable! If this isn't fixed shortly I will leave for another company!" stuff like that over an over will get their attention. At the same time spread the word of the site an the unfairness of both the companies.

It's time to rise up an show them, without us, they are nothing!

Some extra info http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32332265#post32332265

a few other notes:
if anyone has some suggestion,like change this or other stuff. bring it up here,so we can all discuss it. this is a community.even though the petition has my name on it,its all for you guys. so if their isnt something in it you dont like,well didnt i say bring it up?? lets all work together on this.

If anyone has heard back from either company, please share it here with everyone.

I might delete some comments in the future, just to showcase responses back from people or other stuff. It's not personal .

10/1/2012:
Thanks to mdmower,I added his revised version for the petition. I'll admit his looks better then mine.

Last edited:

IceDragon59

Jul 10, 2012
Include the HTC Incredible 4G LTE in HTCdev's unlockable bootloader program

Upon release of the HTC Incredible 4G LTE, HTCdev included the phone in its unlockable bootloader program. Within a matter [of] days, the phone was removed from the program, presumably at the request of Verizon Wireless. There is no clear reason as to why this phone was removed from the program, as users of the bootloader unlock suffered no ill effects.

This petition is being put forth to both HTCdev and Verizon Wireless to request that the HTC [Droid] Incredible 4G LTE be reinstated into the unlockable bootloader program. Support of open development drives innovation and sales. HTC's software developers can learn from the developer community while Verizon Wireless can benefit from end-users upgrading/renewing their plans to take advantage of this new phone. Furthermore, this simple act would incline users to recommend both HTC products and Verizon Wireless service in the future.

Inclusion of the HTC Incredible 4G LTE into HTCdev's unlockable bootloader program is in the best interest of HTC, Verizon Wireless, and end-users. Please take action on this matter as soon as possible.

That is well put. I would gladly sign that petition.

tjamscad

Nov 1, 2010
Signed. Recived another letter from Verizon that was the exact one I recived before.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Signed

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011
The several posts that were deleted were on-topic and showed contribution from the community to writing/revising this petition, I don't see why they were removed. This also eliminated the possibility of thanking users for various contributions. I'm new to posting on XDA, and now I'm missing out on any opportunity to add to my thanks meter.

The OP's petition still retains the old petition letter below the description. I initially thought these would be non-editable so I created a separate petition (really, I'm surprised that a petition author can change the letter AFTER signatures have been added, but change.org seems to allow this). I now see that the OP can in fact edit all aspects of the petition (except maybe the url), and so users should sign that when it is completely updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Method320

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
Guys please read the op over again. I currently stated that some posts would be deleted, it's in order to show who signed an has heard back from either company.

I will be adding to the op who has helped an stuff, just please bare with me on this. I have a lot going on with xda.

tjamscad

Nov 1, 2010
Here is what i Got from VZW. I talked to Scott today and he offered me a different device saying that the letter states VZW's stance on the bootloader being unlocked. He actually started the offer with a Galaxy S3 and I said Rezound if I was going to do that. It was for a certified used device with cover and battery. He said my plan and everything would stay the same. He gave me until Friday for the offer.

Attachments

• Response.JPG
    Response.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Here is what i Got from VZW. I talked to Scott today and he offered me a different device saying that the letter states VZW's stance on the bootloader being unlocked. He actually started the offer with a Galaxy S3 and I said Rezound if I was going to do that. He gave me until Friday for the offer.

Did they offer you the S3 at upgrade price? Without losing unlimited data? In the letter I wrote to the regional prez for the Carolinas, I told them I'd be willing to pay for a new phone at upgrade price if I didn't lose my unlimited data, but haven't heard anything back.

tjamscad

Nov 1, 2010
Did they offer you the S3 at upgrade price? Without losing unlimited data? In the letter I wrote to the regional prez for the Carolinas, I told them I'd be willing to pay for a new phone at upgrade price if I didn't lose my unlimited data, but haven't heard anything back.

He said it everything would stay the same. No cost was explained.

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011
The Archangel said:
I deleted all the stuff, in trying to keep updated from users in the thread. I will be adding to the op on xda, who helped an stuff.

I just want to make sure that you realize the petition isn't completely updated. Please take no offense, I just want people to have a petition they are comfortable signing (myself included),

1) Other users have mentioned the use of "an" in place of "and"; these are two very different words. I hope you'll reconsider this habit in the future.
2) The letter just beneath the description of the petition still contains the old petition's text: "HTC an Verizon are abusing their abilities...". I'm very uncomfortable signing the petition with this letter still in place.
3) The paragraph breaks are missing from the letter. The breaks help emphasize different points and are appropriate.
4) When introducing HTCdev, it would be best to first list the name, then follow with the web address. In the first paragraph, replace "http://www.htcdev.com" with "HTCdev (htcdev.com)".

Please realize that we are trying to petition some very large corporations. Professionalism is a must if we expect to be taken seriously. Attacks on their name or reputation are only going to guarantee non-response. Poor grammar and structure will also leave our petition ignored. HTC and Verizon Wireless will have a more difficult time combating reason and intellect, and for this I think the community should strive.

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
I copied everything you posted in the pm. I'm not obligated to do this for y'all, I'm trying to help out. This will be updated when I have the time. If you want to start your own be my guest. Don't get mad or something with me, when I'm busy doing stuff around xda an in my life.

Honestly you should be glad, that I'm doing this for you guys. I don't mind a little nudge here or there to fix stuff. Just don't badger me over stuff.

Reactions: Aldo101t

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
I copied everything you posted in the pm. I'm not obligated to do this for y'all, I'm trying to help out. This will be updated when I have the time. If you want to start your own be my guest. Don't get mad or something with me, when I'm busy doing stuff around xda an in my life.

Honestly you should be glad, that I'm doing this for you guys. I don't mind a little nudge here or there to fix stuff. Just don't badger me over stuff.

fixed.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5

did someone in our community ask you to make the petition?
If not.. you did this on your on time and doing.
so we would like to be taken seriously, no on is putting you down, I've had issues with mdmower, but I have to agree with the polite way he approached you about the petition, but I found your response a bit childish in the manner you had let us know that you aren't doing this because you have to but rather YOU chose to.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you and what you're doing.
but I don't NEED to be glad about anything that you are doing, so for you to say "Honestly you should be glad, that I'm doing this for you guys." is completely childish IMO and I don't agree with it one bit.

If you don't want to be bothered over "stuff" then why are you the OP?
I'm confused.

Last edited:
Reactions: Method320

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    step 2: (my favorite part) Copy the petition link an spam verizon an htc, twitter, facebook or any social media site. If you have twitter, here's mine https://twitter.com/ArChAnG3L141. im going to start hitting them with it constantly till they submit. Its time to play hard-ball with em
    I created this http://www.change.org/petitions/htc...unlock-the-droid-incredible-4g-lte-bootloader. to petition the unlock of the bootloader. We can't just sign a petition an pray for it to happen. We must get on their Facebook, twitter an any social media site they have pressuring them into this. Don't go post "hey assholes unlock our device", that won't help, just makes you look stupid! Post on their something like "I've been with you since 2005,long time customer, but you locking my device down in unacceptable! If this isn't fixed shortly I will leave for another company!" stuff like that over an over will get their attention. At the same time spread the word of the site an the unfairness of both the companies.

It's time to rise up an show them, without us, they are nothing!

Some extra info http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32332265#post32332265

a few other notes:
    if anyone has some suggestion,like change this or other stuff. bring it up here,so we can all discuss it. this is a community.even though the petition has my name on it,its all for you guys. so if their isnt something in it you dont like,well didnt i say bring it up?? lets all work together on this.

If anyone has heard back from either company, please share it here with everyone.

I might delete some comments in the future, just to showcase responses back from people or other stuff. It's not personal .

10/1/2012:
    Thanks to mdmower,I added his revised version for the petition. I'll admit his looks better then mine.
    If it possible please ignore my actions last night. I was stressed out over my job interview I had this morning.

I'm sorry for the way I acted.
    The several posts that were deleted were on-topic and showed contribution from the community to writing/revising this petition, I don't see why they were removed. This also eliminated the possibility of thanking users for various contributions. I'm new to posting on XDA, and now I'm missing out on any opportunity to add to my thanks meter.

The OP's petition still retains the old petition letter below the description. I initially thought these would be non-editable so I created a separate petition (really, I'm surprised that a petition author can change the letter AFTER signatures have been added, but change.org seems to allow this). I now see that the OP can in fact edit all aspects of the petition (except maybe the url), and so users should sign that when it is completely updated.