[RECOVERY][TF300T/ME301T] TWRP 2.8.1.x Touch Recovery!

Search This thread

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Only use this recovery if you are on the latest 4.2 bootloader !!!

Since the main TWRP thread has not been updated for a long time and TWRP has moved on to version 2.8.1.x, i thought it would be a good time to start a new thread.

Like CWM is part of Cya,nogenMod, TWRP is now part of OmniROM. That means that TWRP gets build when OmniROM is build.
So to make a long story short, as long as i am building for the TF300T, i will also provide updated versions of TWRP (and maintain the device part).

This recovery can be used for the TF300T and the ME301T.

Installation is very simple. Download the recovery, It is a ZIP file that can be flashed in your current recovery (CWM or TWRP).
So:
  1. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE 4.2 BOOTLOADER (10.6.1.27.x)
  2. Download the recovery (see second post)
  3. Put the ZIP on the internal SDCARD
  4. Boot into recovery
  5. Flash the recovery ZIP
  6. Reboot into your current ROM to finish installation of the recovery

That is it.

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
scanno

Version Information

Created 2014-03-23
Last Updated 2014-10-26

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Last edited:

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Reserved

CHANGELOG:
[2.8.1.0]
All upstream changes
  • TrueType fonts
  • CPU temperature supoort
  • Bug fixes

[2.7.0.1]
- Support for pre kitkat roms

[2.7.0.0]

-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
-Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
-Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
-Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
-Text wrap in the console output
-Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
-Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
-Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
-Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
-Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
-Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
-Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
-Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
-USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
-Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
-Add 4.4 decrypt support
-Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
-Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Last edited:

robbie2k

Sep 6, 2009
Hi, thanks for your great job.

It's normal that don't see any files on the externalSD? in case that something goes wrong and I haven't any rom to flash on the internalSD, how I can put files on the internalSD using the recovery?

kaasaanfiets

May 10, 2007
How do i install this trough ADB?

I have a broken Touchscreen and i am on 4.2.1 with CWM and bootloader: 10.6.1.15.3

Ah i already got it:
Install Fastboot Method:

You will need fastboot for this method. Download the above file, check the md5, rename to twrp.blob and put the file in the same directory as your fastboot.exe (unless you have /platform-tools in PATH then you can flash from anywhere). Turn off your device and boot to fastboot (power on while holding volume down, then select the usb icon and hit volume up to confirm). The device will now be in fastboot mode. Plug the device into your computer. Run the following command via the command line:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob

Install ADB / Terminal method:

Download the above file. Save it to the root of your /sdcard directly (internal memory only) and rename it to twrp.blob

Launch terminal emulator or connect to your computer and open an adb shell, then type the following:

su

dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4

Then reboot to complete installation.

What is the difference between the .blob file and the img file?

I used the IMG file from this topic and used the fastboot method:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img

i found it worked. The only problem is that i don't see my mouse on screen.
The mousepad seems to work but i cant see my mouse so i dont know where to click...

any sollutions?

Last edited:

fishline

Nov 7, 2011
I'm trying to get custom ROM on my TF300T (4.2.1 OTA), so here's what I've done so far:

- unlocked with the Asus unlock app
- installed "minimal ADB and fastboot" and checked with "adb devices"
- downloaded the 2.7.0.1 zip here
- boot the TF300T into fastboot (power + vol-down) and connected to laptop
- ran "fastboot -i 0x0B05 recovery TWRP.blob" (renamed from the ZIP).

On the laptop things seem to have gone well. On the tablet nothing seemed to have happened. "fastboot reboot" doesn't reboot the tablet. Long-press power button did. I booted the tablet up normally, then boot into fastboot again. Pressed vol-up, the screen gets into something like "installing system updates...", then quickly turned into the android lying down with a red triangle and "Error!". I can long-press power to shutdown and reboot normally, but no TWRP. Can anyone give me pointers?

shawnbrennan55

Mar 24, 2014
I'm trying to get custom ROM on my TF300T (4.2.1 OTA), so here's what I've done so far:

On the laptop things seem to have gone well. On the tablet nothing seemed to have happened. "fastboot reboot" doesn't reboot the tablet. Long-press power button did. I booted the tablet up normally, then boot into fastboot again. Pressed vol-up, the screen gets into something like "installing system updates...", then quickly turned into the android lying down with a red triangle and "Error!". I can long-press power to shutdown and reboot normally, but no TWRP. Can anyone give me pointers?

Were you able to execute the reboot command from fastboot prior to flashing the blob file? This is a good test to ensure you have a good connection between the computer and the tablet and that all of your drivers are working. Are you using the original Asus USB cable? Have you tried all of the USB ports on the computer?

~~~~~
Asus Transformer TF300T
ROM: SlimKAT 5.4
Kernel: Geass7
GApps: BaNks Minimal 05/16/14
Recovery: Philz Touch 6.25.0 (CWM 6.0.4.7)

Reactions: athoz

fishline

Nov 7, 2011
Were you able to execute the reboot command from fastboot prior to flashing the blob file? This is a good test to ensure you have a good connection between the computer and the tablet and that all of your drivers are working. Are you using the original Asus USB cable? Have you tried all of the USB ports on the computer?

Switching to another USB port, and just issueing "fastboot reboot" does work. I only have the original cable. Tried flashing again and it seems to be OK (on the laptop). However, right after flashing (w/o rebooting), "fastboot devices" only returns a string of ?, and "fastboot reboot" doesn't reboot the tablet.

Some guides say I need to root first. I was following the one below and it doesn't seem to say so. (However, there seems to be a mistake in the instruction. It's supposed to be "-i 0x0B05" instead of "-i 0x05B0". Could that cause problem? I used 0x05B0 first.)
http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...nstall-roms-tf300-jelly-bean-kitkat-roms.html

So do I need to have root before flashing TWRP 2.7.0.1?

shawnbrennan55

Mar 24, 2014
Switching to another USB port, and just issueing "fastboot reboot" does work. I only have the original cable. Tried flashing again and it seems to be OK (on the laptop). However, right after flashing (w/o rebooting), "fastboot devices" only returns a string of ?, and "fastboot reboot" doesn't reboot the tablet.

Some guides say I need to root first. I was following the one below and it doesn't seem to say so. (However, there seems to be a mistake in the instruction. It's supposed to be "-i 0x0B05" instead of "-i 0x05B0". Could that cause problem? I used 0x05B0 first.)
http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...nstall-roms-tf300-jelly-bean-kitkat-roms.html

So do I need to have root before flashing TWRP 2.7.0.1?

The correct command text is fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob. A miss-type could definitely cause a problem. I rooted first using "Kingo Root" (PC based one-click root), but I don't believe root access matters when flashing through Fastboot as long as your bootloader is unlocked.

~~~~~
Asus Transformer TF300T
ROM: SlimKAT 5.4
Kernel: Geass7
GApps: BaNks Minimal 05/16/14
Recovery: Philz Touch 6.25.0 (CWM 6.0.4.7)

Reactions: fishline

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3

Did you extract the recovery.blob from the zip file or did you rename the zip file? You should extract the recovery.blob from the zip.

The zip file can be flashed from recovery and contains the recovery.blob.

If you flash the renamed zip with fastboot , it will never work.

So:
1. Extract the recovery.blob from the zip file
2. Flash the recovery.blob with fastboot.

Then you should have a working twrp.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishline

fishline

Nov 7, 2011
Did you extract the recovery.blob from the zip file or did you rename the zip file? You should extract the recovery.blob from the zip.

The zip file can be flashed from recovery and contains the recovery.blob.

If you flash the renamed zip with fastboot , it will never work.

So:
1. Extract the recovery.blob from the zip file
2. Flash the recovery.blob with fastboot.

Then you should have a working twrp.

Sorry it took a while to report back. Was out of town a couple of days.

That's exactly the problem! I extracted the zip file, flash the recovery.img using fastboot, and now I've got TWRP! Also got it rooted using Kingo, so thanks a ton to both of you! Now on to flashing rom...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only use this recovery if you are on the latest 4.2 bootloader !!!

Since the main TWRP thread has not been updated for a long time and TWRP has moved on to version 2.8.1.x, i thought it would be a good time to start a new thread.

Like CWM is part of Cya,nogenMod, TWRP is now part of OmniROM. That means that TWRP gets build when OmniROM is build.
    So to make a long story short, as long as i am building for the TF300T, i will also provide updated versions of TWRP (and maintain the device part).

This recovery can be used for the TF300T and the ME301T.

Installation is very simple. Download the recovery, It is a ZIP file that can be flashed in your current recovery (CWM or TWRP).
    So:
    1. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE 4.2 BOOTLOADER (10.6.1.27.x)
    2. Download the recovery (see second post)
    3. Put the ZIP on the internal SDCARD
    4. Boot into recovery
    5. Flash the recovery ZIP
    6. Reboot into your current ROM to finish installation of the recovery

That is it.

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    scanno

Version Information

Created 2014-03-23
    Last Updated 2014-10-26
    Reserved

DOWNLOADS:
    [TWRP 2.8.1.0]
    ZIP: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001602443
    MD5: 87b4dca3cd137d7aa66b559d5af00f21

[TWRP 2.7.0.1]
    ZIP: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579270
    MD5: 6047ac79392107c962d72e38d4e7ba65

[TWRP 2.7.0.0]
    ZIP: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577288
    MD5: a565820db48724e773622c709b372caf
    Reserved

CHANGELOG:
    [2.8.1.0]
    All upstream changes
    • TrueType fonts
    • CPU temperature supoort
    • Bug fixes

[2.7.0.1]
    - Support for pre kitkat roms

[2.7.0.0]

-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    -Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    -Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    -Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    -Text wrap in the console output
    -Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    -Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    -Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    -Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
    -Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    -Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    -Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    -Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    -USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    -Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    -Add 4.4 decrypt support
    -Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    -Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes
    TeamWin pushed version 2.8.1.0 in the source tree, so as part of my regular build this version was build. Download link of the flashable ZIP in second post.
    TWRP 2.8.0.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712471510

Verstuurd vanaf mijn TF300T met Tapatalk