[ROM][GT-N8010] Official Kitkat Stock 4.4.2 N8010XXUDNE4-[Root-Recovery]

Search This thread

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
jaguaralani-pda.forumms.net
Just finished downloading the rom ( after 9 hours of struggling with sammobile site.
Was on Gnabo v3, dirty flash of UK BTU 4.4.2 via odin, everything worked as expected, all my apps/settings were there.

Improvements over leaked/stock modified n8000 roms
-email ( secemail.apk - hotmail.com server ) works like charm without any problem.
-USB OTG works flawlessly without the annoying mount/dismount notification.
-Feels snappier ( perhaps just a feeling ! )
-Auto brightness icon is well aligned in notification drop.

ROOT: Rooted with Chainfire (ODIN) from here - http://download.chainfire.eu/247/CF...to-Root-p4notewifiww-p4notewifixx-gtn8010.zip

Recovery: CWM 6.0.3.6 Non touch (My preferred, you may choose another, Philz for instance was reported to work just fine).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model:
GT-N8010
Model name: GALAXY Note 10.1
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 1759357
Build date: Mon, 26 May 2014 13:44:32 +0000
Product Code: PHN
PDA: N8010XXUDNE4
CSC: N8010PHNDNF1
MODEM: N8010XXUDNE4

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=31416

Model: GT-N8010
Product Code: BTU
CSC: N8010BTUDNF1

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=31427

Model: GT-N8010
Product Code: XEF
CSC: N8010OXXDNF1

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=31433

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

sl33p3r85

Oct 19, 2009
Somebody can create a deodoxed version or a flashable zip of this file(or link mit to a good toutorial) ? i dont want flash with odin becaue i`ll try without wipe my device...(i`m on gnabo rom v3)

tomsimmons

Mar 2, 2006
Very interesting!

Some questions as I have never flashed the tablet before, phones yes a while ago.

What is the recommend back up solution?

How easy is it to go back if this ROM has issues? (And how do you go back)

I assume this completely replaces what is on the device, so everything is wiped and lost, no factory restore including the delivered ROM is possible?

Is it possible to get the stock ROM that Samsung supplied?

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards

Tom

tuktukscotty

Aug 17, 2010
Bridlington
Google Pixel 4
I really, really wanna download this but also want to be able to have the note 2014 apps. Can I resist until someone makes a custom rom from it??.......

Ooh this is really really hard.......

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
Very interesting!

Some questions as I have never flashed the tablet before, phones yes a while ago.

What is the recommend back up solution?

How easy is it to go back if this ROM has issues? (And how do you go back)

I assume this completely replaces what is on the device, so everything is wiped and lost, no factory restore including the delivered ROM is possible?

Is it possible to get the stock ROM that Samsung supplied?

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards

Tom

1 Backup depends in whether you have roit (titanium) or not (many others)

2 Going back to JB wouldnt be easy since the bootloader will be updated ti KK, I haven't and am not willing to go back to JB since I flashed gnabo with Bootl oader.

3 ......

4 This is a stock sammy rom !

Sent from my SM-N9005

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
I really, really wanna download this but also want to be able to have the note 2014 apps. Can I resist until someone makes a custom rom from it??.......

Ooh this is really really hard.......

You may try 2014 apps after rooting the rom.
I will stay on BTU UK Stock, at least it is a safe, clean way to update the bootloader rather than using n8000 stuff (was on gnabo3).

Sent from my SM-N9005

tuktukscotty

Aug 17, 2010
Bridlington
Google Pixel 4
You may try 2014 apps after rooting the rom.
I will stay on BTU UK Stock, at least it is a safe, clean way to update the bootloader rather than using n8000 stuff (was on gnabo3).

Sent from my SM-N9005

Thanks for your reply. Never thought of rooting and trying the apps. Will report back once I've done it to let others know how it goes....

Scotty.

Reactions: jaguaralani

tomsimmons

Mar 2, 2006
1 Backup depends in whether you have roit (titanium) or not (many others)

2 Going back to JB wouldnt be easy since the bootloader will be updated ti KK, I haven't and am not willing to go back to JB since I flashed gnabo with Bootl oader.

3 ......

4 This is a stock sammy rom !

Sent from my SM-N9005

I don't have any backup software currently, so I guess Titanium is the recommended?

Sorry, when I said stock I meant an official release rather than a leak. You seem to suggest that going back to JB would be hard work, how about moving to the official release of a KK ROM should Samsung ever release it?

Out of interest, do we get access to the new S-Note (same as Note 3 is using) with this?

My n8010 isn't currently rooted, from reading the other posts in this thread it doesn't look as though it would need to be.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
OP,
that is very interesting.

I get FAIL in PC Odin, then Mobile Odin does not recognise my device, because of the N8000 bootloader, I assume.

Any work around?

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
OP,
that is very interesting.

I get FAIL in PC Odin, then Mobile Odin does not recognise my device, because of the N8000 bootloader, I assume.

Any work around?

I was on Gnabo v3 with N8000 bootloader, did a dirty flash first of this rom, then booted up. gave it sometime to settle down, then restarted into recovery and did a factory reset, rooted then flashed CWM recover.

That's my story, hope it helps.

Reactions: chris19000

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
I was on Gnabo v3 with N8000 bootloader, did a dirty flash first of this rom, then booted up. gave it sometime to settle down, then restarted into recovery and did a factory reset, rooted then flashed CWM recover.

That's my story, hope it helps.

You must be very lucky because Odin flash just fails.

Top Liked Posts