[APP][0.8.0.8.1] Incoming Call Plus BETA (10/22/10)

Search This thread

matt_stang

Mar 27, 2009
Incoming Call Plus is an incoming call screen that is going to be fully customizable. It is currently in early development with limited features. This is the Incoming Call Plus public beta. All feedback (bugs, feature requests, etc.) is greatly appreciated! New features are added daily so be sure to check for updates often. Enjoy!

Google Code page
You may post issues on the Google Code page or simply in the forum, either works.

Download attached apk or from market:

Market link

chart

To anyone who is not on version 0.8.0, update! Thanks!

To anyone who uninstalled due to inconsistency in call screen, please give 0.8.0 a try. You will not be disappointed :)

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been very busy. 0.8.0 introduced a lot more bugs and instability than I had expected but pretty much everything should be fixed in 0.8.0.7. If you find something please let me know! Now that the app is at a good point of stability, I will be adding more features and customizations. I promise! First thing to come is QVGA support.

Here are some features that came from users that will be coming soon (in no particular order):
-Social network integration
-Show caller location based on area code
-Send location via sms
-Custom entry tags and custom lists

BETA Version 0.8.0.8.1 *Current*
-Save SMS to message thread
-Lots of fixes in this update
-Fixed sms occasional force close
-Fixed in-call screen not appearing after answering call!
-Fixed having to stop/start app after reboot (does not use any services anymore)
-Improved overall stability

BETA Version 0.8.0.2
-Fixed force close issues. Sorry!

BETA Version 0.8.0.1
-Major change in display of call screen. No more occasional stock call screen!
-Fixed bug where lock pattern displayed over call screen
-Other small bug fixes
-Fixed crash reporter

BETA Version 0.7.9.1
-Ad-supported
-Automatic crash reporter
-Displays number type (Home, Mobile, etc.)
-SMS bug fix

BETA Version 0.7.5
-Custom background color

BETA Version 0.7.6
PLEASE UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS
-Add tags to messages for number input
-Should open more consistently
-Open SMS thread for incoming number

BETA Version 0.7.2
-Fixed layout bug

BETA Version 0.7.0
-Initial release
-Reject call with text message

Attachments

• incomingplus2.jpg
    incomingplus2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 6,528
  • incomingplus1.jpg
    incomingplus1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 5,834
  • IncomingPlus-v0.8.0.1.apk
    196.1 KB · Views: 2,807
Last edited:

soccer1

Aug 2, 2010
Looks great! A feature I'd like to see is for the phone number to be labeled, ie, home, mobile, etc.

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

d0nald01

Sep 4, 2010
works on my samsung galaxy s, however after clicking the pickup call button, i still have to unlock it the basic way (Slide it) to listen to the call. Is there anyway to disable that?

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
finally, a decent app works perfect on the htc evo with no problems,

would be a nice to customize the answer and end buttons so it goes well with peoples themes etc.

but good job dev.

matt_stang

Mar 27, 2009
anyway to make the caller pic bigger like on the iphone

This feature is planned for the full release, along with many other customizations. The current version is 0.7.9.1 so I recommend you download from the market, as it includes an automatic crash reporter to help me sort out bugs and other fixes.

I have found a much better way of overriding the incoming call screen (sort of hacky right now) which will be implemented in version 0.8.0. This will make the app much more stable and efficient and the call screen will open much more consistently.

Also included in version 0.7.9.1 is the addition of admob ad banners on the settings page (there are NO banners on the actual call screen). This is mostly to support the development of this app during its beta stages. Eventually the app will be paid with the possibility of a free, ad-supported version. The paid version will not be appearing very soon, though, as the app is far from ready. Keep in mind, the beta versions of this app do not represent the final product. They are only for feedback and testing. Thanks

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
This looks sweet! Kind of like what's on the Samsung Intercept (my loaner while my EVO is in for service). Will the reply with message support Google Voice?

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
It will now :) thanks for the idea. Keep them coming!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Sweet! Also, just a question. I see the Google Code page has a Source tab but there's nothing in it. Is this going to be Open Source or is that tab showing just an accident?

EDIT: Just saw you plan a paid version, so I doubt you're releasing the source. Carry on!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Incoming Call Plus is an incoming call screen that is going to be fully customizable. It is currently in early development with limited features. This is the Incoming Call Plus public beta. All feedback (bugs, feature requests, etc.) is greatly appreciated! New features are added daily so be sure to check for updates often. Enjoy!

Google Code page
    You may post issues on the Google Code page or simply in the forum, either works.

Download attached apk or from market:

Market link

chart

To anyone who is not on version 0.8.0, update! Thanks!

To anyone who uninstalled due to inconsistency in call screen, please give 0.8.0 a try. You will not be disappointed :)

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been very busy. 0.8.0 introduced a lot more bugs and instability than I had expected but pretty much everything should be fixed in 0.8.0.7. If you find something please let me know! Now that the app is at a good point of stability, I will be adding more features and customizations. I promise! First thing to come is QVGA support.

Here are some features that came from users that will be coming soon (in no particular order):
    -Social network integration
    -Show caller location based on area code
    -Send location via sms
    -Custom entry tags and custom lists

BETA Version 0.8.0.8.1 *Current*
    -Save SMS to message thread
    -Lots of fixes in this update
    -Fixed sms occasional force close
    -Fixed in-call screen not appearing after answering call!
    -Fixed having to stop/start app after reboot (does not use any services anymore)
    -Improved overall stability

BETA Version 0.8.0.2
    -Fixed force close issues. Sorry!

BETA Version 0.8.0.1
    -Major change in display of call screen. No more occasional stock call screen!
    -Fixed bug where lock pattern displayed over call screen
    -Other small bug fixes
    -Fixed crash reporter

BETA Version 0.7.9.1
    -Ad-supported
    -Automatic crash reporter
    -Displays number type (Home, Mobile, etc.)
    -SMS bug fix

BETA Version 0.7.5
    -Custom background color

BETA Version 0.7.6
    PLEASE UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS
    -Add tags to messages for number input
    -Should open more consistently
    -Open SMS thread for incoming number

BETA Version 0.7.2
    -Fixed layout bug

BETA Version 0.7.0
    -Initial release