[GAME] Color Confusion

Search This thread

geekfam

Apr 25, 2011
Hi all,

I just developed my first game, Color Confusion http://bit.ly/kSX8go, and hope folks here get a chance to check it out. Any feedback is welcome.

Being my first game, there are probably things that could be done better, but my tesing group (wife and kids =) seem to really enjoy playing it.

We have an Asus Transformer, so optimizing for tablets/honeycomb was important to us.

UPDATE:
Color Confusion Game Trailer: http://bit.ly/jU7HXE

Description
See if you have what it takes to solve each level, by mixing a wide array of colors into cans of paint. Don’t be fooled as gameplay starts off easy, with a small number of colors. As you progress, it becomes pure Color Confusion!

* USER REVIEWS *
- “Very fun! Makes you actually think!”
- “Good for passing time. Fun! Very nice.!”
- “This game is a ton of fun! It seems so simple but it very challenging.”

FEATURES:
** Optimized Honeycomb 3.0 support
** HD Tablet resolution graphics included
** Supports lower resolution devices as well
** Never the same game twice
** Great game for teaching kids how to mix colors
** High score tracking for each level
** Seemingly easy at first glance, but becomes additively difficult
** In-app help included
** Atmospheric background music
** Free version includes first four levels
** Free version includes ads

Attachments

• Screen1_640.jpg
    Screen1_640.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Screen2_640.jpg
    Screen2_640.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 363
  • Screen3_640.jpg
    Screen3_640.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 445
  • Screen4_640.png
    Screen4_640.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:

geekfam

Apr 25, 2011
I submitted this app to Amazon, and it has been approved. Anyone know how long it takes to "go-live" on Amazon? It has been a couple of days in approved status...but no way I can tell to make it go live. Does Amazon do automatically?

Tricky-Design

Oct 23, 2006
www.tricky-design.nl
Hi Funny idea for a game.

I've noticed that I went too many times for the obvious choice, like for green I was mixing a darker green with a lighter color instead of mixing blue and yellow.

I've got two minor recommendation:
If you go to play, help or scores and press the back button, it exits the game. I should expect that it would go back to the main menu.

When pressing the remix button it directly remixes the colors. On a tablet touching this by accident isn't really the case, but when playing it on for instance the bus on your phone it can happen. A are you sure dialog can avoid this.

Isadora

Nov 14, 2009
London
It's rather good :) Could you make the sample of the colour we have to match bigger? It is a tad small when playing on a phone.

geekfam

Apr 25, 2011
Hi,

Tricky Design, thanks for the great feedback! For the help/score exiting the game, I was able to replicate that as well. I fixed that bug in an update (see below version history). That was a good catch! The re-mix is also a good idea, I will put that in my next update!

Isadora, Thanks for the great feedback as well! I will for sure make the swatch colors bigger on the next build.

Really appreciate you all checking it out, feel free to spread the word if you like it...being my first game...it is hard getting it "off the ground" ;)

For reference, here are the updates I have done so far...most are based on user feedback...I am really trying to address user feedback

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.2

1. Based on user feedback, added option to mute background music (new icon on main menu)
2. Minor changes to Ad sizing for some devices
3. More performance improvements

Version 1.1

1. Based on user feedback, adjusted difficulty levels
2. Performance improvements
3. New "free" icon, to distinguish paid from free if both installed
4. Increased Color Palette size and buttons, to make play easier on phones
5. Fixed bug with game exiting when hitting menu button on scores and help.

Version 1.0

1. Initial Release

ResonanceZero

Nov 19, 2010
It seems that the paid (ad-free) version still has the ad code involved somewhere, because it still wants internet and unique identifier permissions. That's something of a turn-off.

geekfam

Apr 25, 2011
Hi ResonanceZero,

Thanks for the feedback.

The paid version has the Ad stuff removed...however, this was built with Corona SDK, and that permission is added during their "build" process. I will do some research as to why that is the case, and see what can be done about it.

Thanks again for taking time to look at it and provide feedback.

Since it is my first game, I am still learning a lot...and having fun :)

mrquestion90

Jan 4, 2011
I don't know if I am doing something wrong or, but whenever I download the game and run it, it says that the application has been corrupted :(

Sent from my disease ridden .... I mean CommRom Fascinate.

barty22

Jan 4, 2008
Not much of a gaming person, but it does look nice and well made!
And i love the music in the trailer :) well done

geekfam

Apr 25, 2011
barty22, thanks for the nice feedback on the trailer. It was my first attempt at something like this...and I thought it turned out pretty well. Glad you liked it!

Isadora

Nov 14, 2009
London
It's a great little game :) I really like that all the levels are different every time but I'm just annoyed that I haven't managed to master level 10 yet (there *always* seems to be 2 colours that I can't mix right!)

gibibyte

Jul 6, 2011
Illinois
www.gibibytegames.com
Isadora,

I am so glad to hear you think it is a great game :)

We did work hard to make the gameplay have lasting value...by making the levels different every time.

You are right...level 10 is very challenging...I have managed to solve it a few times...at least now you can see the answers if you fail. That was a feature folks were asking for.

One of the hardest things is "getting the word out" on these games. Really appreciate you taking time to play!

Paul
http://www.gibibytegames.com/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I just developed my first game, Color Confusion http://bit.ly/kSX8go, and hope folks here get a chance to check it out. Any feedback is welcome.

Being my first game, there are probably things that could be done better, but my tesing group (wife and kids =) seem to really enjoy playing it.

We have an Asus Transformer, so optimizing for tablets/honeycomb was important to us.

UPDATE:
    Color Confusion Game Trailer: http://bit.ly/jU7HXE

Description
    See if you have what it takes to solve each level, by mixing a wide array of colors into cans of paint. Don’t be fooled as gameplay starts off easy, with a small number of colors. As you progress, it becomes pure Color Confusion!

* USER REVIEWS *
    - “Very fun! Makes you actually think!”
    - “Good for passing time. Fun! Very nice.!”
    - “This game is a ton of fun! It seems so simple but it very challenging.”

FEATURES:
    ** Optimized Honeycomb 3.0 support
    ** HD Tablet resolution graphics included
    ** Supports lower resolution devices as well
    ** Never the same game twice
    ** Great game for teaching kids how to mix colors
    ** High score tracking for each level
    ** Seemingly easy at first glance, but becomes additively difficult
    ** In-app help included
    ** Atmospheric background music
    ** Free version includes first four levels
    ** Free version includes ads
    Lol good try... Only problem is that I can't stand facebook and the likes but I'll definitely mention it to some friends when I see them :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App