Search This thread

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
A reply for request to reinstall CM7 without other apps

1. Boot into CWM
2. Flash CM7
3. Wipe Cache partition
4. Wipe data if you want, but shouldn't be necessary

I'm sorry I am just learning this site and didn't realize how to properly reply to request.
The request was to install CM7 alone and wait for wifi problems if any. An attempt to determine whether user apps were causing the problem and if so which ones could be pinpointed.

thanks and sorry for improperly responding

Know-Fear

Jan 9, 2010
I very rarely ever have any of the problems other people have with this particular version of CM7. My wifi hasn't gone wonky in 2+ weeks. I am currently testing an overclocked build and my battery life has still been fairly awesome. We are currently awaiting another build from Celtic and Gonce with an updated wifi driver I believe. But both have been busy lately so patience must be exercised so as to not rush out a buggy build.

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
Maybe it's me...

Been using this for a week now and I have zero problems with this build. No FC. No video problems - other than movies not playing in HW mode in MK but they didn't play in HW on the stock rom. My wifi is solid. No problems whatsoever.

Sw339

Feb 16, 2012
I don't seem to have issues with Wifi going nuts anymore. If I do, the easiest fix for me is to go into Wireless Settings and force it to "Forget" my router and let it rescan. I put in my password and it's fine. Far easier than rebooting router and other stuff I have seen people do.

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
I very rarely ever have any of the problems other people have with this particular version of CM7. My wifi hasn't gone wonky in 2+ weeks. I am currently testing an overclocked build and my battery life has still been fairly awesome. We are currently awaiting another build from Celtic and Gonce with an updated wifi driver I believe. But both have been busy lately so patience must be exercised so as to not rush out a buggy build.

I read several posts each day about wifi hangs and problems clearing them. My post was an attempt to provide the method I use which has not failed me.
I certainly was not complaining or rushing anyone.
I could continue to use this rom and be much happier than I was with the stock system. I certainly didn't mean to appear to be complaining or rushing anyone.

dang69

Jan 16, 2007
I've definitely had this issue with TuneIn Radio and the Google Music app. Hasn't happened (yet) with PowerAmp, but we'll see.

If it's any use I've run Pandora for hours at a time with no problem. I'm also one of the few who don't suffer from wifi problems and if I make it turn off wifi on sleep I can even hear how long the lag is. It takes about 5 minutes before wifi shuts down. Obviously, if I want to stream music for longer I leave it on all the time.

Feb 28, 2012
CM7 8gb NT

I have yet to see any threads relating to a walk through of an SD Boot to running CM7 on an 8gb NT,

-does this process currently exist?
-if so, how is it done?

I have seen other posts of people stating they are currently running CM7 on their 8gig NT

CelticWebSolutions

May 25, 2011
This is for CelticWebSolutions or Indirect (whomever is putting together the ROM zip file). Looks like a couple of extra Mac resource files (".DS_Store" and ".WiFiBackupCalibration") slipped into the current beta release (CM7_NT_Alpha12_Public1.zip). Just a friendly reminder to strip those out in your next release. Keep up the great work!

That is more than likely my fault! I'm the mac user

Hangs head in shame for missing them ..... lol

Thanks for reminding me, they won't be in the next version. It's all being done on a new ubuntu setup now ;)

residentorca

Jan 24, 2011
Seattle
Moto G Play
The only thing that caught my eye when installing was this message:
E: format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

However everything seems to be working well. In fact, very well!

Kudos to the devs for building such a useful "Frankenstein' ROM. Guess it's time to update my signature.

ms2003

Jan 22, 2010
ShangHai
The only thing that caught my eye when installing was this message:
E: format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

However everything seems to be working well. In fact, very well!

Kudos to the devs for building such a useful "Frankenstein' ROM. Guess it's time to update my signature.

this error always raise even in stock partition when you wipe data.

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

one question, whether this CM7 can support extFAT format? internal and external.
cause fat32 can't support files larger than 4GB

Reactions: residentorca

mrvoidman

Feb 12, 2012
More details about WiFi issue...

Here is a snip of the log after my WiFi got stuck on "Tuning off...":

<3>hPlatform_DevicePowerOn: timeout waiting for sdio init
<4>sdioAdapt_ConnectBus(): Block-Size should be bigger than SYNC_ASYNC_LENGTH_THRESH!!
<4>CPI1: Booted secondary processor
<6>TIWLAN: 2607.884243 tiwlan: 10 sec os_SignalObjectWait timeout- Raise Hang Event
<6>TIWLAN: 2607.892132 **TI_WLAN:HANG EVENT**
<6>TIWLAN: 2607.897432 !!!The timeout cmd is 35808
<6>TIWLAN: 2607.902089 !!!The timeout PRIV CMD IS 8460832
<6>TIWLAN: iocl 0x8b07 is disabled in state 3

My battery was full and my signal is always strong.
Hope this helps.

quid246

Sep 22, 2009
Here is a snip of the log after my WiFi got stuck on "Tuning off...":

<3>hPlatform_DevicePowerOn: timeout waiting for sdio init
<4>sdioAdapt_ConnectBus(): Block-Size should be bigger than SYNC_ASYNC_LENGTH_THRESH!!
<4>CPI1: Booted secondary processor
<6>TIWLAN: 2607.884243 tiwlan: 10 sec os_SignalObjectWait timeout- Raise Hang Event
<6>TIWLAN: 2607.892132 **TI_WLAN:HANG EVENT**
<6>TIWLAN: 2607.897432 !!!The timeout cmd is 35808
<6>TIWLAN: 2607.902089 !!!The timeout PRIV CMD IS 8460832
<6>TIWLAN: iocl 0x8b07 is disabled in state 3

My battery was full and my signal is always strong.
Hope this helps.

This is what I have been seeing as well... After enough hangs the tablet just losses wifi until you reboot.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

YordiM

Feb 29, 2012
I have scoured the forums no answer so far.

I read that market installation problems were solved. Although i am able to flash CM7 using cwm , flawlessly. However when i try to d/l anything from the market i am unable to d/l anything. I have tried fixing permission. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.

Last edited:

ms2003

Jan 22, 2010
ShangHai
I read that market installation problems were solved. Although i am able to flash CM7 using cwm , flawlessly. However when i try to d/l anything from the market i am unable to d/l anything. I have tried fixing permission. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.

you can try flash CMW for more times, and then wipe data, this will fix the SD card readonly issue.

YordiM

Feb 29, 2012
Still no go

I reflashed cwm and still nothing. Whenever i try to download something it says not able to download it due to error.

Know-Fear

Jan 9, 2010

Have you tried clearing data and cache from market app from the Manage Apps area? If not, try that.

Reactions: YordiM

ckevinwelch

Feb 17, 2011
So, I seem to somehow have turned my screen brightness completely off. I may have added "auto" to the power widget brightness settings on accident. I was scrolling through them and the screen went completely blank (not even the backlight is on). Now I can't do anything. I've rebooted, and have cleared Cache and Dalvik Cache, but as soon as the CM7 splash screen disappears, the screen goes black.

Any ideas (short of a complete reinstall)? I have tried touching the places where the unlock screen and power widget should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that we've released CM7 again for the NT I thought I'd best start up a proper support thread. Pleas keep it as back reports and help.

Please use this thread to post feedback and to ask questions. The Dev thread is for exactly that, development and not support! Please keep the development thread clear of support and feedback posts.

Live support may be available on irc.freenode.net irc channel #nook-tablet-chat, if any of us are around we'll be happy to help but don't bug people if they are busy please. A web version of irc is available here http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=nook-tablet-chat

When posting a bug or issue please use the following format

• Which install are you using (Internal or SD):
    • What version is your CM7 download that you are using (should be alpha final now):
    • Do you have any mods on your NT (updates or system modifications)
    • If yes to above what have you installed
    • Where is this bug (main system or which application):
    • Can this bug be easily replicated:
    • If yes to above how can we replicate it to check:
    • Description of the bug
    • Any other information we may find useful

Know bugs for Internal version will be in post #2

Known Bugs for SD version will be in post #3

I'm awaiting a Mod cleanup of this thread and all previous bugs up until the new release will be removed from this thread, should knock it back down to about 2 or 3 pages and give me the 2nd and 3rd posts I mention above.
    I find that I get about 8 hours of battery life with wifi in any mode (always on or sleep with device sleep). With wifi off, it has been 15 hours from full charge with device sleeping and I have only used 6%!

So, I conclude (correctly or incorrectly) that wifi is highly non-optimized.

In which case you'll be glad to know that the wifi driver in the new build that is currently in testing is far better than our original. It would appear that all the issues some of our testing were able to reproduce on the previous version have no been cured. DSP audio is back. Accelerated video decoding is working and a few other bugs that were reported to us.

Stick with us, we're getting there!
    NETFLIX and HULU Install and now Amazon Video

Installation works as advertised. Very impressed with this being the second release. Great job all. I did notice though that I cannot download Hulu from the market. I did not notice there being an issue.with Hulu in the Dev thread so I was wondering if I missed something. I was able to download Netflix from the market. Again awesome job all.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium and CM7

To install the stock B&N Hulu and Netflix apps (both working) just follow these simple instructions:
    1. Download Netflix from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6zeuo9k68n9zzba
    2. Download Hulu from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?irkjka2f1ff8v35
    3. Mount your Sdcard to a computer and drop whichever app you would like installed on it
    4. Unmount the Sdcard and open File Manager or any other File Explorer app
    5. Go to your /mnt/sdcard or /sdcard file location and select the apk you want to install

Done! Now enjoy ;)
    (Optional) For those who push this to /system/app folder you will have to open /system/app and reinstall the apks for them to work properly.

Final Note, I'm currently working on porting the Amazon Video app as well but no timeline or priority for that.

EDIT: Amazon Video can be found here, but it will require you to use OC Unrooter:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352905

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

OBION force closes no matter what I do move to /system/app,fix permissions and change owner :( gvoice I was able to hear it ring and I could hear the other person the first time but that person could not hear me, after that all the other tries I did with all possible changes turn out an opposite result than what I got the first time :(

~ Veronica

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :p

The internal mic seems to be very cheap and B&N didn't bother taking much time to write a decent driver for it so alot of apps don't know what to do with it at the moment. Hopefully we will get this squared away in the near future (I would like to use Voice too ;) )
    Hey devs!
    I was wondering if in later builds, you could modify the build.prop to allow all market acess as right now some apps (especially games that i KNOW the tablet could run) are blocked off to us. Ive tried modifying the build.prop but i just cant get it right! Just a suggestion. Cant wait for hw accel, bluetooth, 5-finger touch, maybe fm radio, OCing, and more!
    Cya guys around!
    Thanks for the great rom!

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

Modifying build.prop is all well and good but it then means the device isn't working as it's self, gaining access to some things can often loose you access to others too. Modification of build prop won't be as standard but maybe we'll do a little update.zip so people can choose to overwrite the standard one.

H Accel already works, hardware decode I assume is what you mean, that works in our current private builds. Bluetooth we are looking into but that will take time. 5-finger touch we haven't even considered yet it's not really on our important list yet, FM radio isn't something we're looking at and OCing will have a release in a couple of days.
    I can see that you are already working with the wifi, and as i haven't looked through all of the 65 pages in this thread, i don't know whether or not it haven't already been told, but anyways, here it goes;

Sometimes my Wifi disconnects from my connection when it goes into sleep. It's not a big problem normally, as i can just open setting and reopen it, but here's the problem; sometimes it doesn't just open.
    Sometimes it states, that the wifi is off, and has to be re-enabled. The problem is, that i am unable to do this. So to fix this, i have to reboot the device, and here comes another problem.
    After rebooting after the wifi problem, the device doesn't seem to respond, and just gives a black screen for the next period. This is the state until it runs out of battery, and i can put it into a charger and get it turned on once again.

Beside from that - great rom, looking forward to the next build :)!

The wifi freezing / disconnecting and needing rebooting is the most well known bug of all. It's posted many times through this thread, it's also stated on the dev thread a few times. I don't mean to sound like many of the other grumpy Devs but please there is a search button! You can search a thread and see every mention of wifi quite easily!