[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - p4/wifi/vzw - milestone 6

Search This thread

jerkysh

Feb 25, 2011
Chisinau
Dude. please please please read. This has been asked and answered many times. THE CAMERA WILL NOT WORK UNTIL SAMSUNG RELEASES THEIR ICS UPDATE. NO WAY, NO HOW.
ow, sorry. i read in the posts above smth about face unlock 'n stuff, and thought that with the new update, they mastered a way to make the camera work, i'm sorry if it was asked before :)
will wait for official ICS release for Samsung.. (just like i waited GB for my Captivate, more than a year ))

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
ow, sorry. i read in the posts above smth about face unlock 'n stuff, and thought that with the new update, they mastered a way to make the camera work, i'm sorry if it was asked before :)
will wait for official ICS release for Samsung.. (just like i waited GB for my Captivate, more than a year ))

We are only waiting for Samsung to release the kernel

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sandeshnl

Dec 28, 2010
Kampen
I keep having this issue where my launcher gets messed up. It doesn't matter if I use go launcher or apex or trebuchet. At one points some of the icons are stuck on the homescreen and I can switch between screens and the wallpaper will move but the icons stay stuck on the screen. Does anyone else have this or is it just me. I hope anyone knows how I can fix this.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: faridaizuddin

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011
Every once and a while the nova launcher freezes up my tab and I get the pop up that nova has stopped working, wait or OK to close then it just freezes. Both times I was on the browser. M4 is nice though on the tab.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

faridaizuddin

Apr 8, 2010
Marang
I keep having this issue where my launcher gets messed up. It doesn't matter if I use go launcher or apex or trebuchet. At one points some of the icons are stuck on the homescreen and I can switch between screens and the wallpaper will move but the icons stay stuck on the screen. Does anyone else have this or is it just me. I hope anyone knows how I can fix this.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Yeah, I thought m4 will immune from this problem. But still.. Same thing happened since I flashed with 1st CM9 Kang. The only way to overcome this problem is kill all recent apps by holding 'back' key (have to tick this feature in ROM setting). Then, I can use my tab again but not for long..

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
Has anyone else had an issue where holding the power button goes to boot animation and then boots back up when you're trying to get the power menu to turn it off?

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Just installed this so far first impressions its excellent, will further play with it. No problems yet with apex launcher working smoothly. Love the stock browser its an improvement over gingerbread and honeycomb and the labs feature for gesture with thumb is lovely.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

coalee

Aug 23, 2010
Palmerston North
Please forgive this question if it has been asked before but I searched the thread and did not see an answer to my exact question...

I flashed Milestone 4 and it is working very nicely thus far. I of course flashed the gapps as well and no youtube.

I checked market (Google Play) and Youtube is NOT listed there at all so I tried installing it to my tab from the website market and nothing happened. (It said that it would download but after hours of waiting, nothing happened).

I installed it from a file I found online but... Can someone tell me WHY Youtube is no longer available in the Market and if Youtube is not available anymore then what OTHER apps may be missing?

Also... Can anyone tell me if the HC (Tablet) version of Youtube works with ICS and if so can you please provide the apk file?

Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Checkout youtube.apk from a post a while back in this topic. Then using root explorer to copy it to /system/app then it should show up in your ics otherwise reboot the tab. It works great on my system.

Sending from my Galaxy TAB... far far away..

n1vlek

Sep 19, 2010
I am having problems with the wifi on milestone 4. Is there a way to fix? Or i have to reflash rom?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

mark.m.moran

Mar 2, 2010
Dublin
With the Quad lock screen option enabled I still see the navigation bar as a black bar across the bottom of the screen at the lock screen, how do I disable this guys?

Cheers,
M

Reactions: ATSE888

tallgrasshawk

Feb 7, 2011
Anyone else have issues with links on some websites? Facebook mainly. Click on links or try to comment, nothing comes up.

hondaboi20002

Feb 12, 2011
Yes...I'm having problems with links and my YouTube was gone and it wouldn't pull up in the market...I'm going back to something else...but what?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find milestone-6 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    one for science
    Does it fix camera issue I'm having?

OK, new rule: If anyone asks about the camera from now on, the answer is "Yes, my camera works great. Did you do a full wipe?"; follow up: "really? still doesn't work? Do another full wipe."

Go.
    updated to m3. mostly phone stuff, but some nice things in there for tablets. definitely worth upgrading i think.

I enabled more tablet settings/cleaned up some settings in RC. toggle icons should show, lockscreen works great now, things like that.

now that m3 is out, I'll probably be focusing on bringing the tablets up to where phones are feature-wise
    Here's the latest Build 39. I fixed the bootloop issues and merged all changes up to todays date for you guys.

Build 6.19.2012

Download HERE