2.14 Hboot Flash Error

Search This thread

cajer

Apr 27, 2010
I was attempting to update my phone to hboot 2.14 and I downloaded the third hboot file found here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2156686

However when flashing the file I get the error "Failed (remote: 32 header error)". I re-downloaded the file, and it still failed. I think the file maybe corrupt is that possible? If so does anyone have any hboot 2.14 file that I can download? I have an AT&T HTC One X.

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
1. You are s-off, right?
2. If you're trying to upgrade for the 3.4 kernel AOSP ROMs then you'd better think again.... You'll have to run the full RUU (BE SURE YOU'RE S-OFF).

Sent from my evita

cajer

Apr 27, 2010
1. You are s-off, right?
2. If you're trying to upgrade for the 3.4 kernel AOSP ROMs then you'd better think again.... You'll have to run the full RUU (BE SURE YOU'RE S-OFF).

Sent from my evita

I am s-off. I was accidentally flashing the .img file instead of the zip. However when I flashed the zip file the process was stuck on "(bootloader) zip info parsing..." and has been for 10 minutes. Is it ok to force stop the process? What should I do now?

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
I am s-off. I was accidentally flashing the .img file instead of the zip. However when I flashed the zip file the process was stuck on "(bootloader) zip info parsing..." and has been for 10 minutes. Is it ok to force stop the process? What should I do now?

After 10 minutes, I don't know what other option there is, but it seems pretty dangerous especially since you're dealing with hboots which, to put it simply, control whether or not your phone turns on (as well as other things).

Anyone have a better solution?

Sent from my evita

cajer

Apr 27, 2010
After 10 minutes, I don't know what other option there is, but it seems pretty dangerous especially since you're dealing with hboots which, to put it simply, control whether or not your phone turns on (as well as other things).

Anyone have a better solution?

Sent from my evita

So I went ahead and pressed control-c. However now when I tell it to erase cache it fails, and trying to flash again makes fastboot crash. Any advice?