[IDE][3.x] APK Studio - IDE for Reverse Engineering Android APKs

Search This thread

surendrajat

Dec 11, 2013

These are few steps (in case you haven't figured out yet):
  • Decompile app in java with jadx etc. (for reference)
  • Find where that default value is being assigned
  • Decode app in smali and modify smali files acc.
  • Recompile, sign & install

P.S. use latest apk studio from the other post.

Last edited:

den14368

Oct 15, 2018
Build not working

APK Studio is a cross-platform IDE for reverse-engineering (decompiling/editing) & recompiling of android application binaries within a single user-interface. It features a friendly IDE like layout, with a code editor which support syntax highlighting for Android SMALI (*.smali) code files.

Features:
  • Cross-platform
  • Decompile/Recompile APK
  • Flexible Keystore & Key-Alias Chooser
  • Automatic Zip-align
  • Image Viewer For Resources
  • One-click Install To Device
  • Syntax Highlighting (*.java; *.smali; *.xml; *.yml)
  • Frameworks Support

Credits:

Screenshots:
windows-1.png

linux-1.png

linux-2.png

Links:
Homepage
Download
Source
Issue Tracker

the build not working in my pc it says error please check output please help

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Hey harveyr4! It's quit easy & self-explanatory! You go to File > Open APK > browse to your APK file & select it..., wait & watch the status bar! You will then be presented with the real thing inside :D You can double click any smali file from package (use package explorer :D on the left), edit it then you can recompile it from the Build menu! :)

build not working

mctiew

Feb 20, 2014
Excuse me how to try it in linux ? I don't see binary or any instructions which to use for Linux. I want to try. TQ.

mctiew

Feb 20, 2014
For testing I decompiled a simple apk into Java, it managed to do it. But when I modify the generated java code, it does not seem to take the mod at all. I clicked save and save all and then build again. It does not recompile the modified java source, because when I purposely make an error, it did not even complain.

What do I need to do ? Do I have to compile it in android studio ?

manybuddies

Apr 11, 2017
For testing I decompiled a simple apk into Java, it managed to do it. But when I modify the generated java code, it does not seem to take the mod at all. I clicked save and save all and then build again. It does not recompile the modified java source, because when I purposely make an error, it did not even complain.

What do I need to do ? Do I have to compile it in android studio ?

The *.java files are there for your reference only. You should edit the *.smali files instead.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Can I request an option in the settings to include app signing at the end of a build? Thank you for the hard work.

mctiew

Feb 20, 2014
Yeah I figured that out already.

For those apk's which was fully decompiled into java source, because of structural differences, I also have problem importing into Android studio.

I would appreciate if there is a guide of how to do that. Anyone has a link to such a guide ?

mctiew

Feb 20, 2014
I am trying to fix a problem with an apk with actionBar not rendered correctly and not working at all on Android TV.

I will show the pictures of how the same app are rendered differently on phone vs TV.

You can see from the pictures that the screenshot_2019-06-30 is taken on the phone, the action Bar is working.

But on the Android TV ( testing using emulator and also actual Android TV ), the actionBar is not working.

Attachments

• actionBar.tv.jpg
    actionBar.tv.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Screenshot_2019-06-30-05-35-33-899_com.actionbar.kits.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-30-05-35-33-899_com.actionbar.kits.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 232
  • ActionBar_v1.0_apkpure.com.apk
    348.6 KB · Views: 35

Tyakrish

Jun 13, 2016
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
I thought this project was dead. Thanks for keeping it alive guys :good:
We need more cross platform & open source tools like this. Closed source can't be revived once dead. So many other tools have been deprecated because of this.

Last edited:

zubair1836

Feb 17, 2016
Gujranwala
Error

I get this error every time I open it. Running Windows 8.1 , all C++ libraries have been installed.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 200

lchang.atsoft

Oct 9, 2020
How to Sign

I apologize if this question has already been answered. (I did do a search in the thread and didn't find any.) My Project->Sign/Export menu is grayed out. What am I missing? How do I sign the built apk?

Also, not sure if it's related. APK Studio complains that my Jadx is not set up properly (it doesn't show the version number), although it has no problem opening the decompiled java code in jadx-gui. I have downloaded the latest jadx and linked the proper jadx-gui.bat file.

Sicario_rio

Feb 25, 2021
How i open/mod it libcandycrushsaga.so or libmyling.so? How i dump these files? I don't find anywhere. On youtube i don't find tutorials. Please help me!

Neeschar

Jul 21, 2017
How to Sign

I apologize if this question has already been answered. (I did do a search in the thread and didn't find any.) My Project->Sign/Export menu is grayed out. What am I missing? How do I sign the built apk?

Also, not sure if it's related. APK Studio complains that my Jadx is not set up properly (it doesn't show the version number), although it has no problem opening the decompiled java code in jadx-gui. I have downloaded the latest jadx and linked the proper jadx-gui.bat file.
jadx-gui.bat is the problem there. Use insteed jadx.bat.

But i got the same problem with Sign/Export. KeyStore is setup and its claiming the keypair but studio is just making 2 dex files and thats it, cant make an APK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [IDE][5.x] APK Studio - IDE for Reverse Engineering Android APKs

APK Studio is a cross-platform IDE for reverse-engineering (decompiling/editing) & recompiling of android application binaries within a single user-interface. It features a friendly IDE like layout, with a code editor which support syntax highlighting for Android SMALI (*.smali) code files.

screenshot.png

Details & Download:
    Github

Links:
    Homepage
    Download
    Source
    Issue Tracker
    Thanks man!

This is a great TOOL! I tried this out and it works great. I didnt experience any LAG what so ever... Love the features! Been looking for a apktool like this forever. Cant stand typing all the freaking cmds... NICE JOB!!!! and for the negative feed back about the lag..... I think its your lame computer thats lagging not the app:good:

Actually you know what, I's waiting for such response! :D
    Thanks Praetoriani, but this doesn't seem to be the reason. I checked the Environment variables and I read this
    (sorry I'm not allowed to post images yet)

C:\Programs\JavaFX\javafx-sdk1.2\bin;C:\Programs\JavaFX\javafx-sdk1.2\emulator\bin;

I really don't understand what's happening! :confused:

JavaFX is your web based Java development platform. It does stuff like netbeans and so forth. You need to download the Java JDK. You need to also set JAVA_HOME variable to the root of the SDK folder and you need to have the Java/SDK/bin directory as the only Java reference loaded on your path.

Essentially Windows will load the first Environment reference first and ignore the rest there after, so even if you had JDK bin directory tacked on the end apktool would probably return a fault before Windows would get around to loading the right binaries. What I mean is, leave Java FX installed (you may require if for something else?) and just delete their references from the Windows path and make sure the JAVA JDK is the only referenced or you can if you like make it referenced first and put the JavaFX after it. Essentially Apktool will find the reference for the JDK and then stop looking there after.

Once you have done that then you have to set the Java classpath. Google is your friend for all of the things I have mentioned above.

Enjoy:good:

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Here is the documentation you will need to have a read of to learn about setting up your Java environment successfully.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/windows/jdk-installation-windows.html

Seeing that you are on dying operating system you will need the JavaSE SDK win32 binaries. available here as a direct download:
    http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7u51-b13/jdk-7u51-windows-i586.exe

However you need to have clicked and accepted the Oracle TOU's before that link becomes live so go to hear, check the little radio button accept and bobs ya aunty you got Java.....the proper one as well.

Just a word of warning and it is none of my business in anyway but I would suggest that you upgrade Windows 7 or 8 in the coming months. You have a little over a month before all support for Windows XP ceases from Microsoft. That may not come as a concern to you right now, but it will be when you realise that every patch and update that goes out for Windows 7 there after is basically a road map for hackers and virus makers to completely destroy your XP machine!! Combined that with Java and you have the biggest recipe for disaster just waiting to happen.
    Please brief about the problem?

Great one http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/good.gif
    but it lags during compiling
    any help ??

Can you provide me with some sort of brief with what you meant with "it lags during compiling"?
    Did it recompile or not?
    What you were recompiling (if that ain't confidential)?

That would help me recreating the issue so that I can check with it & fix the issue when I get back at home!

Lastly, thanks for your feedback! :cyclops:
    THANK YOU

This is a great TOOL! I tried this out and it works great. I didnt experience any LAG what so ever... Love the features! Been looking for a apktool like this forever. Cant stand typing all the freaking cmds... NICE JOB!!!! and for the negative feed back about the lag..... I think its your lame computer thats lagging not the app:good: