The Official XDA Support thread for Android Phones (Updated)

Search This thread

tedmihu

Aug 31, 2017
Please Help! - Galaxy S7 (SM-G930W8) not working post root and factory firmware reset

I'm posting this in a few places because I'm not sure which is more active, feel free to move/delete.

The past few hours have been a nightmare. I was trying to root my Galaxy S7 (SM-G930W8) so I could uninstall some of the bloatware and install some apks.

I first went to mobilesiri (Can't post links yet) to try and root my phone. I couldn't find the samsung usb driver but I figured since my phone could connect to my computer and it recognizes it perfectly, it should be fine, so I skipped that step. Through some searches I came across androidmtk's guide which seems a lot more thorough, so I compared the two guides and decided to follow the latter. That being said I downloaded the version of Odin in the first guide as it seemed less risky to do a one-click root than something more advanced, and since they were both using Odin, I figured there's no harm. Running through the steps I hit "start" in Odin and it started working, but it said "reset" when I clicked start, so I thought that was odd. A few auto-restarts later and it said "pass" but when it started to boot up there was a "recovery is not seandroid enforcing" message in red at the top left.

At this point I thought maybe it worked, and the second guide told me to look for SuperSU in the apps, but it wasn't there. What's more is the software update no longer worked, and my device status was custom... basically the worst of both worlds. At this point I figured what's best is to find a stock firmware from Samsung. No such luck, even chatting with live tech support, it seems this is only done through kies, smart switch, or the phone itself. I did find something on Samsmobile which after a painfully throttled 2 hour download, gave me a version of odin they wanted me to use, along with the firmware for my specific model. I went through their instructions word for word, and it seemed to have worked. I booted up my phone, and the status said "official", so I figured it worked.

Not wanting to have all that time go to waste, I tried doing the 2nd guide, (Androidmtk) again, being really careful not to miss any steps. Same red error message, same custom status. I now have the Samsung firmware so I went back to that, and again the status said official, but now I'm having a whole bunch of issues. The keyboard sometimes doesn't come up, I can't type on it when it does, it comes up really late, the shift key flickers, sometimes it will type one character in, then as soon as I type another, it replaces it, so I can't actually type a string of characters together. The manual software update says failed processing after it tries to register the device. I heard that maybe updating through kies might work, except now I can't get the phone to connect to kies, even after running through the troubleshooter and restarting my computer.

I'm at a loss. I would love to have a rooted version of the phone but at this point just a functioning factory reset would be heavenly. Any help would be kindly appreciated!

Steve French

May 20, 2018
Rooting Alcatel 5085c.

I'm fairly certain I'm probably posting in the wrong thread. Im trying to root Alcatel pulsemix 5085c. Tried kingroot. Looking for any help? I've searched around can't find d anything

ezranihil

Nov 28, 2015
Hi guys,
I'm trying to root my Alcatel 5. Kingo root doesn't work and I don't know how to manage the situation.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio 5086D utilizzando Tapatalk

G

GuestD0564

Hi,
i've accidently erased the boot_b Partition and the oem partition using fastboot. After that i've changed to slot b using fastboot.
Now the phone isn't booting anymore into fastboot, flashmode or recoverymode. Neither booting or charging is possible.
I've also tried to reflash with Newflasher, but Newflasher couldn't find the device.
When I connect the phone to the Computer, the notification LED is blinking green, but the device isn't recognized by the Computer. It is also not shown in the device manager of Windows.
Pressing the powerkey for two minutes didn't worked.
Do you have any ideas how to recover this phone?
My device is a Sony Xperia XA2.

The.Zer0.#

Oct 22, 2018
What is this ,ur labs app dont allow me to download apps from it and u dont want me to download it from web.Plz fix this .It shows something went wrong and dont download the app.

ELOG

Mar 13, 2019
HELP AND SUPPORT

DESCRIPTION OF THIS THREAD

I wanted to create a thread in which any question can be asked, be it porting related or anything and we all help each other out, this has been going for a few years now and has been a huge success so I have updated the quick start guide and I will be a more ever-present force in the thread to answer any help and such that you may need, because if we all help each other this place can be a more user-friendly and more interactive place to visit.[/B]

Please also note you may PM me if you wish to ask anything in private, or if you feel the need to just say hello.

Please also note that this thread was indeed a sticky at one time however I had other commitments in 2011 (College and such) and it was removed by November 2011.

For donations, I would kindly ask you to donate to the Macmillan cancer care and support, however if you wish to donate to me I will donate it to the charity anyway, myself and Macmillan thank you for your support, no one should have to face cancer alone.

HERE IS A GUIDE TO GET STARTED

GENERAL KNOWLEDGEv1.0

S-OFF - (HTC Devices)[/B] Basically means you can flash ROM's to the SYSTEM partitions and such.

Write Protection - This can mean a variety of things, from a locked boot-loader to SD card access, consult your device forum for information.

Bricked(Soft) - Soft brick means that it can be recovered using appropriate methods found in your device forum.

Bricked(Hard) - Very hard to fix usually means it's beyond repair but can be fixed in certain circumstances and at a local repair dealer for your phone.

Kernels - The backbone of the phone, they are responsible for making everything run, the CPU, Schedulers and such are configurable using the kernel.

CPU0 - Different for each phone however CPU0 is usually the 1st logical processor followed by 1,2,3 for quad core phones.

Dual Core/Quad Core - Dual core means you get CPU0 and CPU1, Quad core means CPU0, CPU1, CPU2 and CPU3 are all available.

Chip-set - This is your main-board, it means what your phone is built upon.

Lib files - Found in /system/lib usually however this can be different, they control the software to firmware gaps on your phone, so they enable sound, camera, video; the major things live here, don't touch it unless you know what you're doing.

Battery Stats - These control how long your battery lasts, they are reset when you delete the file from the system however it's strongly recommended you don't delete them.

AOSP - Basically means the original Google Android software as a bare-bone OS.

Partitions - These are different for each phone and should be treated with great care for example flashing a puppy to the radio partition would be a foolish action.

Launchers - They change the UI of the phone, there are many out there so try them all until you find one that suits you just right.

Logcat - This is only useful if you have an error with your phone, it's a simple adb logcat command however I prefer to use QTADB which is a nice GUI style logct application.

ROM's - You flash these on phones that are able to flash Custom software, you can get many varieties however the main ones are 'Stock' the original phone OS, 'CM' which is AOSP, 'MIUI' An AOSP/AOKP style crossover mimics the iOS UI.

Recovery - When flashed; custom recovery allows you to make changes to the different partitions inside the phone for example flashing a custom ROM.

Flashing - Basically writing information to a partition or making a fool of yourself in public (the latter is not recommended due to laws)

Over-clocking - This means pushing your hardware beyond its manufacturers original settings, this can be useful to create a faster phone but treat it with care as you can damage phone hardware.

Under-clocking - This means lowering the stress on the system by making the hardware run slower than it's intended to do, great for saving battery.

Under-volting - This means under-volting your CPU or GPU, this can cause stability issues but on the plus side can save battery, it's all about striking a balance.

Benchmarking - This means to test your phone to its max and find out how it stacks up against other devices.

IO Schedulers- They control how the system reacts in different situations, there are different types of Schedulers available so use each until you find one suitable for you (protip: Use fiops or noop)

CPU Governors - They control the CPU frequencies and such for example "Performance governor" will give you constant speed, whereas "Conservative governor" will give you low speed.

GPU Governors - They do the same as their CPU counterparts except they control the graphical section of the hardware.
Ii
Radios - They control the baseband aspects of a phone (your network and such) they have different names for each device, they are very dangerous to mess around with.

Note:
Updated as of 12/06/13

So what are you waiting for? Ask questions!

Hello though my phone is not available on xda I did like to Know if you could help with rooting tecno f1

Icelube

Jun 4, 2019
Galaxy Note 4 rom issue SM-N910F

Hey all,

I recently broke my main phone whilst carrying out a repair (Sidenote dont do repairs when your hungover)~

Anyway went back to using my note 4 and I couldent use my banking app because I had obviously at some point in the past rooted the phone.

So I embarked on a mission to unroot it which I was successful in.

But then I found a way I could have my phone rooted and use my banking app but it involved flashing the phone back to the stock rom entirely
I downloaded what I was sure was the stock rom for my phone and got to work with odin.

anyway the phone booted fine but whenever it tried to connect to the mobile network it rebooted itself.
Obviously not the stock rom

Ive since searched high and low for the stock rom flashed several on too the phone and yeah no joy
So right now I dont have a phone and im genuinly surprised at the impact that is having on my life lol.

So im hoping to get some help too find the stock rom for my phone

As says in the title its a samsung galaxy note 4 SM-N910F it was purchased in the united kingdom and the network is o2

Any help and advice would genuinly be apreciated.

Cheers.

The.Zer0.#

Oct 22, 2018
Hey all,

I recently broke my main phone whilst carrying out a repair (Sidenote dont do repairs when your hungover)~

Anyway went back to using my note 4 and I couldent use my banking app because I had obviously at some point in the past rooted the phone.

So I embarked on a mission to unroot it which I was successful in.

But then I found a way I could have my phone rooted and use my banking app but it involved flashing the phone back to the stock rom entirely
I downloaded what I was sure was the stock rom for my phone and got to work with odin.

anyway the phone booted fine but whenever it tried to connect to the mobile network it rebooted itself.
Obviously not the stock rom

Ive since searched high and low for the stock rom flashed several on too the phone and yeah no joy
So right now I dont have a phone and im genuinly surprised at the impact that is having on my life lol.

So im hoping to get some help too find the stock rom for my phone

As says in the title its a samsung galaxy note 4 SM-N910F it was purchased in the united kingdom and the network is o2

Any help and advice would genuinly be apreciated.

Cheers.
Its a very old device and that too of samsung ,its hard find.

vermy

Mar 6, 2011
I could use a bit of guidance in a direction...

Hello,

I buy a cell phone about once every 3-4 years. I like them to be last season's model so the price isn't too high, and most of all, I like to unlock and root them. This has become increasingly more difficult as the more time goes along there are less and less Verizon phones out there that I can root. Did I mention Verizon is the only network I can get coverage in my area? I actually use Page Plus.

Finally, my question:

I am in need of a new (new to me) phone for use on the Verizon network that I can unlock or root and make it do what I want. I have heard about the new kinds of rooting whereby you don't have to unlock the bootloader, but unfortunately I don't get involved in the process but as the aforementioned 3-4 year period. I am wondering if you could steer me towards any good Verizon prospects that can be readily rooted? I would appreciate it very much. A thousand thank you's in advance.

DMXrated

Jun 22, 2019
sdcard folder set not appearing in TWRP

I have just tried all day to root my phone (a Redmi Note 5), and have found myself stuck at the part where I'm supposed to either enter a password to decrypt TWRP (I already tried setting one for my phone itself, and TWRP doesn't recognize it) or try to access the folders that are supposed to appear under sdcard.

From what I gather, the following folders are supposed to appear under sdcard when I tap "Cancel" on the password screen and then "Install", and do appear under Internal storage memory when I hook my phone up to my computer:

-Alarms
-Android
-DCIM
-Download
-MIUI
-Movies
-Music
-Notifications
-Pictures
-Podcasts
-Ringtones

None of those appear for me under that folder, or any others within Internal storage.

Under internal storage also includes these folders, which I cannot access through my computer, and thus can't transfer files to:

-acct
-cache
-config
-cust
-data
-dev
-etc
-external_sd
-firmware
-license

Is there a way to recover the folders that are supposed to appear under sdcard?

Hi guys

I have a huge problem. I have a phone that the bootloader is in-eledgible to be unlocked. I would really like to be able to root my phone so my idea was to manually or programatically root it by some means.

Using termux i was once able to add my su binary to the /system/xbin directory but i cant remember how i was able to so. And yes i was unrooted at the time.

There has got to be some exploit i can use to deliver and modify the files. Can someone please help me

SouL-Hunter99

Nov 30, 2013
Rawalpindi
Need help for unlocking bootloader of Meizu M6, trying using fastboot both adb & fastboot recognizance the device but when trying to run "fastboot oem unlock" it fails.
Online tutorials suggests enabling the OEM unlock option in from developer options. But I am unable to find such option.
Can someone please help me regarding this issue.

Rabbani Rasta

Dec 25, 2016
Hello,
I have Xiaomi redmi note 4 mido. Recently I was trying my luck with some custom ROMs (specifically aosp extended) which I succeeded but due to some problems while flashing I tried to update my twrp version from adb sideload, since I couldn't see any zip files in it. And now I can't boot into twrp, it says "system has been destroyed". I've tried reverting to stock rom and recovery then flashed twrp again but I still get the same error (stock recovery works just fine). Bootloader is unlocked and I can boot into bootloader, also phone works without any problem on stock rom(global version). Couldn't find any answers on web, other than how to get back to stock rom which is not my concern.
Any help is appreciated

Feb 1, 2020
AC40PO playing

>/Hello world!

I have an old archos 40 power with lolipop 5.1 that I don't use anymore.

Now I want to play with it, install twrp, xposed, magisk, termux, and clean everything that is not usefull on it. It's not a very fast phone...

I've made some searches on xda (and on www).
It seems that I have to compile twrp to suit my phone.
Or maybe a similar phone/OS can do the trick?

Can someone help me with this, I've read the compile twrp guide. I feel a bit lost with all flags to set up for AR40PO.

Thank you!

Well you could download the droid hardware app and look the exact hard like chipset and screen resolution and processor then do a google search with the header android devices that use my hardware and see which ones have a twrp already made. If your lucky you might find one of same brand. Either way when you do grab it then run over to xda again and read how to port twrp with out source code. If the twrp you find is of a higher android build i wouldnt worry to much since youll be swapping out its split image for yours. Just make note that mtk images are a lil different and need some extra attention

Feb 1, 2020
Well you could download the droid hardware app and look the exact hard like chipset and screen resolution and processor then do a google search with the header android devices that use my hardware and see which ones have a twrp already made. If your lucky you might find one of same brand. Either way when you do grab it then run over to xda again and read how to port twrp with out source code. If the twrp you find is of a higher android build i wouldnt worry to much since youll be swapping out its split image for yours. Just make note that mtk images are a lil different and need some extra attention

Thank you, i'll try it this way! :good:

Have you been able to unlock the bootloader? With out that all your resrarch and work will be gor naught. And just because its older doesnt mean it will be easier. I had an old lg something or other a while back that i could root using a one click like king root but the bootloader could not not be unlocked. With out that i couldnt flash with out using an lg flash program.

Quezzare

Feb 12, 2020
BIRMINGHAM
KT107 android system repair.

Hi I am new to the site and signed up cause I could find what I am looking for anywhere or I am not sure about what to search for. I brought a tablet from China and I have had problems with it I start games and a few minutes later they crash I did all the normal stuff clear the cache,uninstall and reinstall, and restart the device. I tried to clear the cache for the android system webview but in doesn't show in my system apps and if I Google it it says it installed but in play store says its not compatible with my device. So now I figure I just need to redo the software on this thing but not sure about what firmware or twrp file I need. I did a spec thing so y'all can have all the info you neededbut

Manufacturer: alps
Model: ZL10
Android: 8.0; eng.user001.1575447758; SDK19
KERNEL: Linux version 3.4.67 (user001@service) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 25 10:15:54 CST 2019
CODENAME: REL
Mainboard: ZL10
BRAND: ZL10
CPU_ABI: armeabi-v7a
CPU_ABI2: armeabi
DEVICE: ZL10
DISPLAY: ALPS.KK1.MP1.V2.36
FINGERPRINT: alps/b906_800x1280/b906_800x1280:4.4.2/KOT49H/1575447758:user/test-keys
HARDWARE: mt6582
ID: KOT49H
TAGS: test-keys
Display: 1280 x 800; DPI: 240; Evaluated Size: 6.3"
Touch Screen: Multitouch 5 points
GPU: Mali-400 MP; ARM; OpenGL ES-CM 1.1; OpenGL ES 2.0

Help with temp root or unlocking for MTK/Huawei device needed.
I have a Huawei MediaPad T3_7 (BG2-W09) that I can't seem to unlock or get root access on. It is a secure boot device and can't get anything past SP Flash Tool without *.auth file or DA which I have not found anywhere. MT8127 chipset not vulnerable to mtk-su as it's 32-bit and the one clickers such as Kingoroot and all others I am aware of fail. DC-Phoenix used to flash with locked BL but new versions won't do it and can't run old version now without update to new version. I have a working TWRP for it that I ported for the device when they were unlockable through Huawei official site. I've owned quite a few of them but this is first one I haven't been able to do anything with. I own a SigmaKey Huawei Edition and they only have support for frp removal and can't unlock it or bypass security for flashing recovery. If I can find a way to get my recovery on it I'm good to go as it will flash a patched boot.img or install magisk.zip either one with locked bootloader. I had one running that way that I flashed recovery thru fastboot with dc-phoenix in the past. My thoughts are if I can get a temporary root shell I can dd the recovery from sdcard to the e-recovery partition and be good to go from there. Any ideas on unlocking or rooting this thing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    androidquestions720.png

HELP AND SUPPORT

DESCRIPTION OF THIS THREAD

• Back in 2011 I sat down and wondered what I could do to help a community that helped me so much and continues to help people everyday from bricked phones to shiny new things on their respective devices and this is what I created, with the guidance of certain moderators of course.

[*]I wanted to create a thread in which any question can be asked, be it porting related or anything and we all help each other out, this has been going for a few years now and has been a huge success so I have updated the quick start guide and I will be a more ever-present force in the thread to answer any help and such that you may need, because if we all help each other this place can be a more user-friendly and more interactive place to visit.

• Please also note you may PM me if you wish to ask anything in private, or if you feel the need to just say hello.

• Please also note that this thread was indeed a sticky at one time however I had other commitments in 2011 (College and such) and it was removed by November 2011.

[*]For donations, I would kindly ask you to donate to the Macmillan cancer care and support, however if you wish to donate to me I will donate it to the charity anyway, myself and Macmillan thank you for your support, no one should have to face cancer alone.

HERE IS A GUIDE TO GET STARTED

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE v1.0

• Rooting - Gives you complete root system access allowing things to be done that usually would be denied.

[*]S-OFF - (HTC Devices) Basically means you can flash ROM's to the SYSTEM partitions and such.

[*]Write Protection - This can mean a variety of things, from a locked boot-loader to SD card access, consult your device forum for information.

[*]Bricked(Soft) - Soft brick means that it can be recovered using appropriate methods found in your device forum.

[*]Bricked(Hard) - Very hard to fix usually means it's beyond repair but can be fixed in certain circumstances and at a local repair dealer for your phone.

[*]Kernels - The backbone of the phone, they are responsible for making everything run, the CPU, Schedulers and such are configurable using the kernel.

[*]CPU0 - Different for each phone however CPU0 is usually the 1st logical processor followed by 1,2,3 for quad core phones.

[*]Dual Core/Quad Core - Dual core means you get CPU0 and CPU1, Quad core means CPU0, CPU1, CPU2 and CPU3 are all available.

[*]Chip-set - This is your main-board, it means what your phone is built upon.

[*]Lib files - Found in /system/lib usually however this can be different, they control the software to firmware gaps on your phone, so they enable sound, camera, video; the major things live here, don't touch it unless you know what you're doing.

[*]Battery Stats - These control how long your battery lasts, they are reset when you delete the file from the system however it's strongly recommended you don't delete them.

[*]AOSP - Basically means the original Google Android software as a bare-bone OS.

[*]Partitions - These are different for each phone and should be treated with great care for example flashing a puppy to the radio partition would be a foolish action.

[*]Launchers - They change the UI of the phone, there are many out there so try them all until you find one that suits you just right.

[*]Logcat - This is only useful if you have an error with your phone, it's a simple adb logcat command however I prefer to use QTADB which is a nice GUI style logct application.

[*]ROM's - You flash these on phones that are able to flash Custom software, you can get many varieties however the main ones are 'Stock' the original phone OS, 'CM' which is AOSP, 'MIUI' An AOSP/AOKP style crossover mimics the iOS UI.

[*]Recovery - When flashed; custom recovery allows you to make changes to the different partitions inside the phone for example flashing a custom ROM.

[*]Flashing - Basically writing information to a partition or making a fool of yourself in public (the latter is not recommended due to laws)

[*]Over-clocking - This means pushing your hardware beyond its manufacturers original settings, this can be useful to create a faster phone but treat it with care as you can damage phone hardware.

[*]Under-clocking - This means lowering the stress on the system by making the hardware run slower than it's intended to do, great for saving battery.

[*]Under-volting - This means under-volting your CPU or GPU, this can cause stability issues but on the plus side can save battery, it's all about striking a balance.

[*]Benchmarking - This means to test your phone to its max and find out how it stacks up against other devices.

[*]IO Schedulers- They control how the system reacts in different situations, there are different types of Schedulers available so use each until you find one suitable for you (protip: Use fiops or noop)

[*]CPU Governors - They control the CPU frequencies and such for example "Performance governor" will give you constant speed, whereas "Conservative governor" will give you low speed.

[*]GPU Governors - They do the same as their CPU counterparts except they control the graphical section of the hardware.

[*]Radios - They control the baseband aspects of a phone (your network and such) they have different names for each device, they are very dangerous to mess around with.

• Note:
      Updated as of 12/06/13

So what are you waiting for? Ask questions!
    inspire rooting

HELP AND SUPPORT

From now on, i shall be conducting a help session for ANYONE with any kind of problem relating to android, be it a brick or a problem with fastboot or you can't root your phone, hell we have all been there, so maybe i could help you.

it shall be

If you have any other problems or need help or even want to learn about android and become a developer then just post in the thread, i'll get back to you. ALL OF YOU.

so don't worry if i don't get back within the first hour or so, i'll help you don't worry.

I'm not doing this for my own benefit, i'm doing it for yours, i'm patient and i understand how daunting places like this must be, i felt the same way when i first joined, i was scared about rooting my phone and still get a bit scared when it doesn't boot straight away but once you know the basics things just flow to you

i want to help you, help yourselves. so drop by with any questions about android, i'm going to be there from the moment this is posted

i have an inspire 4g with gingerbread i want to root it and put coredroid in it i tried bubbys method and also the hack it kit and both did not root my device i live in india and my inspire is carrier unlocked please suggest me a simple method to root my phone
    Do you know any methods of rooting 2.3.4? The device I'm looking to root is a Kyocera Echo running GB 2.3.4. Gingerbreak, SuperOneClick, and z4root (lol), have all failed in rooting the device.
    As far as I know, there's no locked bootloaders or anything that should be in the way except for no recovery. The Echo has fastboot if there's actually a method of rooting through there.

Thanks.

Z4ROOT is apparently said to work, there isn't a lot on the forums for this device but i will keep my eyes peeled and PM you when i find something out
    Hi.

I am impressed by your willingness to spend time helping others get "up to speed".

I have quite recently entered the world of Android, so I openly admit that I lack much valuable knowledge. I'm a long time developer and computer tech, but I've actually never felt more "noob" than I do now.

Anyway:
    * I have an HTC Sensation
    * I want full control, i.e. root privileges
    * I decided to wait for HTC's official bootloader unlocking procedure, thinking that it would be wise to do it "the proper way"

So, basically I have an unlocked HTC Sensation now.. But the bootloader still says "S-ON", and for example, I'm unable to have it accept Clockwork Recovery images etc..

I thought that S-OFF == unlocked bootloader, but I have been proven wrong. Perhaps someone could help me clarify these terms and their relationship with each other. Believe me, I have tried to locate this information by reading many "introductions to rooting" and various articles across the web, but I find contradictory statements, suggesting that at least some authors don't really know what they're talking about (and I am not capable of sorting what's correct and what's not at this point).

For example, does an unlocked bootloader mean that it will no longer require manufacturer-signed images? What does S-OFF really mean? I have assumed that:
    S-OFF != root access and writable filesystem
    S-OFF == unlocked bootloader

Many, many people seem to look for "simple" solutions and binary files they can just push to their devices to obtain root (without understanding any of the "dirty details" themselves). I want to understand how it works, but I won't find all I need to know in the Google Android's docs, and am under the impression that much -- especially manufacturer or model specific aspects -- is not properly and officially documented (for whatever absurd reason).

Perhaps you could help me understand a bit more than I do today (which is, quite frankly, very little, it seems).

First of all your not a noob so don't worry about it, your learning this all. i was the same as you :)

Now the part you wanna hear, S-OFF is an unlocked bootloader

screw the HTC way, i'd personally go and get it done via revolutionary io at least that way you can put it back (i think, don't quote me) and HTC would be none the wiser, now that would allow you to root and install apps that require root

The root itself is actually a beautiful thing named SUPERUSER it has a binary in system/bin named "SU" this allows you to be BOSS of your phone, it allows you to execute low level commands and mess with system files/remount and write things to your phone, then when you go to flash a rom it allows you to, as your S-OFF you can flash to your hearts content!

Now the other thing SUPERUSER does is it installs a system application named SUPERUSER it's a little skull and cross bones and it gives you GUI access to root, so when you open up say titanium backup, you need root and instead of going through the big process of setting it as root and going through terminal you can just click ALLOW which means its set by SUPERUSER to allow you to use all the root features of the program!

Clever tool if i may say so myself!

I hope this answered your question if not, feel free to tell me i'm wrong and to not quit my day job ;) cheers pal, just write back if your unsure on anything i'll be happy to help.
    i have an inspire 4g with gingerbread i want to root it and put coredroid in it i tried bubbys method and also the hack it kit and both did not root my device i live in india and my inspire is carrier unlocked please suggest me a simple method to root my phone

This should work

i know you said you had tried it but try again, DO everything as it says, even if it's as simple as case sensitive names..