[DEV]Ubuntu-touch for all Xperia2011 devices

Search This thread

gabimx

Oct 26, 2011
can this be flashed like a normal rom? or does it run along side with the main rom?
why do i need to make an EXT partition, cant i flash it regulary?
what is the best kernel for this?
do you intend to update this rom?
thanks!

G

GuestK0082

can this be flashed like a normal rom? or does it run along side with the main rom?
why do i need to make an EXT partition, cant i flash it regulary?
what is the best kernel for this?
do you intend to update this rom?
thanks!

you can flash it like every rom, but you have to flash the kernel inside the zip first.
the ext4 partition is used for ubuntu, because it is too big for the internal storage.
you have to use the kernel inside the zip, to use the ext4 partition as data
yes, when I get the daily builds of ubuntu working, I'll update the roms

francisdsa

Sep 9, 2010
Mumbai
Can i use it to make calls? is Wifi, 3G, Camera, and such working?
can you give details of what works and what does not?

Thanks

G

GuestK0082

it will work with 1gb EXT4 partition ??:confused:

no, because when installing ubuntu it takes up to 1,6 GB, because a tar.gz is unpacked and this archive has to be unpacked again. Then the tar.gz file will be deleted and about 800MB are used, so you have to use at least 2 GB for the ext4 partition.

binhgreat

Aug 18, 2010
The phone, camera, facebook... not work (just UI) and wifi work finde. Sometime I found my phone lag, so I check with "top" command and found the "hud-service" and "rsyslogd" take much cpu usuage. I disable rsyslogd service and my phone much smoother. It's worth to try :good:

G

GuestK0082

A Noob Question, But will Android Apps work on this?
Like Whatsapp for example?

No, android apps won't run, but there are some other apps in work already. WhatsApp is in work, but as this is a developer preview, there are not much working futures. The official release of ubuntu-touch will be in 2014.

SS4Serebii

Oct 21, 2011
GPS Modules could not be loaded
Okay. Thanks alot for the info
I'll probably wait it out till you either of you 2 awesome devs get a working network through the kernel.
It's laggy which suxks but probably if we overclock it it'll be better?
#CantWait

G

GuestK0082

New build is available, it is now based on nAa's 3.0 kernel which brings a lot better stability. But unfortunately I haven't got the daily builds working with the new kernel, so we will still have to use the old mwc-demo version of Ubuntu-Touch, until some one finds a solution for that. To get developers working on that, please boost this bug-report on launchpad, if you have an account there: https://bugs.launchpad.net/touch-preview-images/+bug/1174310

_Magic

Dec 25, 2010
LOL i want this on my arc s..
but i don't understand how i can install this ROM .. Can I install like other rom [flash kernel inside zip, wipe and install ?? ] ? :)

visarya

Mar 30, 2010
New Delhi
is gsm working?

is gsm working after last update. when can i expect working network. i am eagerly looking forward for this rom

Top Liked Posts