[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC One XL

Search This thread

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
Got a link for the driver?? Just wanna see if I'm Installin the same one cause my still not working.....

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Here is the driver I used (slightly different). Worked perfect for me!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rh0za00lljev3qz/71xaQeQCCM

Try it out and let me know!

Just remember to install the driver twice; once with ADB active and once with FASTBOOT active. Windows 8 won't automatically install the drivers for you even with Android SDK installed.

Last edited:

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA

If after installing the drivers people still keep getting the no device found message, another work arround its to keep open your terminal with the no device found message, then open another terminal and type adb shell.

For some reason it restarts or forces adb to detect the phone :what:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

zeifers

Sep 19, 2006
Pittsburgh
rebooting

i got s off, went to reboot and just got the white htc screen looping over and over, so i got back into bootloader and reinstalled twrp and the rom but it wont get past the white htc screen.

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala

What hboot are you? If your not on 1.09 hboot you still need yo fasboot flash the boot.img

mushat3k

Mar 12, 2012
Cleveland

What hboot are you? If your not on 1.09 hboot you still need yo fasboot flash the boot.img

I thought that s-off fixed that? I am on hboot 1.14 s-off and I am not having any issues flashing the boot.img from recovery now. It may be a different issue or they never actually succeeded with s-off. It wouldn't hurt to try though

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala

Nope with s-off you get other cool stuff, for example, you can simply flash any hboot from fastboot without hastle, there is a thread that provides all the hboots we have available

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
Who? Me? Nope still bricked :( i end up buying a S3 because i cant be without a phone, but i sure missed my One X, im still trying to fix it though, if i do im gonna sell the S3 :D

gator9422

Oct 4, 2009
this is really stressing me out trying to use command and keeps saying no such command in internal external bla bla

pikul

Jul 1, 2009
Guatemala
No such command means your not even typin' it right or your not located in the folder were fastboot and adb are hahaha just copy paste bro

Chauleyboii

Mar 29, 2011
Ok peeps I finally got s-off lol thanks to everyone who made this possible and to even from the help from other members to in this thread!!!! Idk if Windows 7 had a part in giving me a hard time but yea played around with in all day from installing the drivers while in the bootloader to.......yea idk just crazy..... idk why abd wouldn't work but the universal zip that was posted helped perfectly so thank you blaz1ner for that!!!!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

doubleblack

Dec 17, 2011
Looking through the thread it appears as if I'm not the only one, but no one ever discovers problem/fix...I'm bootlooping after successful S-OFF running CM10.1 02242013 nightly...every once in a while it will successfully boot, but 95% of the time it does not. Any ideas?!?

Edit: I just keep getting white screen with legal warning, and it either just sits there indefinitely or reboots back to same white screen with legal warning. I have been trying for last 30 minutes to get back into my phone and can't :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNswkPGYtLc

note: updated 2/20 @ 9:20 EST, better ICS compatibility.

Welcome to Facepalm S-Off for the HTC One XL.

Credits and terms:

Exploit by beaups. Full guide, testing, and concept by jcase and beaups. Thanks to dsb9938 and dr_drache for support and testing. Thanks also to all of the regulars at teamandirc.

Both beaups and jcase will collect the applicable active bounties. Further donations are greatly appreciated and can be sent to:

beaups - Donate to beaups
    jcase - Donate to jcase
    dsb9938 - Donate to dsb9938
    dr_drache - Donate to dr_drache

You can also come by irc for support or just to say thanks: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

While this process shouldn’t be too risky, bricks can happen. None of us will be accountable. If you are worried, don’t do it.

This is a pretty simple method, however, you will need to have a working adb and fastboot environment. This method will work on any operating system that supports adb and fastboot. You should understand how to use a terminal window in your O/S. If you don’t understand adb and fastboot, you probably don’t need S-off.

Lastly, the work herein should not be stolen, repackaged, one clicked, bat’d, etc. soffbin3 is not GPL and may not be reused, integrated into other work, reposted, or redistributed without our permission.

For this to work, you must be rooted and have superCID (unlock/custom recovery is optional), see the threads below for help and information regarding obtaining superCID, unlock, root, etc. Note these threads are provided for convenience only. Please look for support for them in each respective thread if you need it, do NOT clutter this thread with support requests regarding obtaining superCID and/or root! If you try this process without superCID, it will not work, and you may have issues!:

HTC One XL: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1952038 (2.2)

Once you have confirmed you have SuperCID, get started (read it through first so you understand it all):

1.) Download patcher and unzip it in your working directory:
    soffbin3.zip soffbin3.zip Mirror

2.) Download the zip below

OneX.zip = MD5: 99a8eced1010543e12cbd4e4e8f9638f, Mirror

3.)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    (wait for bootloader)

4.)
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    (wait for black HTC Screen)

5.)
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip PJ8312000-OneX.zip
    After a while, You should see the following error “FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)”

6.) Immediately issue the following command:

Code:
    fastboot oem boot

You may see some errors, just wait for the device to boot into Android (only now, you should be booted into Android with no eMMC write protection of any kind active).

7.) Issue the following 3 commands to update the security partition with S-off flags (one command at a time!):

Code:
    adb push soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3
    adb shell su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3"

(wait for a few seconds)

8.)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

9.) You should see what you are looking for!

If you need help or just care to say thanks, join us on IRC: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

Enjoy.
    Fix for error 99, that doesn't involve flashing roms hoping it solves the problem:

fastboot oem writecid 11111111
    power down completely, go to fastboot
    continue from the fastboot oem rebootRUU command

thans attn1 and jcase for the help
    Ok folks thanks to c5satelite and other helpful folks at S OFF PARTY AND IRC we figured out how to fix this whole "error 99" shenanigans.

Step 1. Download the latest stockish ROM (I used Viper 3.2.3)

Step 2. Boot into bootloader and fastboot flash the kernel.. then reboot back into recovery

Step 3. Wipe /system and factory reset in TWRP

Step 4. Install rom in TWRP

Step 5. For *Viper Only* Don't wipe in Aroma, and uncheck reboot at the end.

Step 6. Reboot into bootloader from recovery (Don't boot into the ROM)

Step 7. Follow the instructions in the OP to a T ... read reread.. go get some coffee.. and try again.. hopefully you see Error 92 and not 99

This worked for me with ViperROM on hboot 2.14

Thank you to all the folks involved you guys are rockstars from Mars! :highfive:
    For those with PJ8310000 Model IDs, do it anyway. That zip works regardless of One X/XL Model ID.
    I tried it and am now S-Off'd. My Model ID is PJ8310000.

Also, thanks so much to those involved!!
    we will add more hoxl model id's and zips shortly