Note 2 (T889) 4.4.2 KitKat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wing-zero

Oct 31, 2012
Sorry if this is a repost, but is there a 4.4.2 KitKat yet for the T889 model aka Tmobile

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
This is the only TouchWizz KitKat Rom that's been posted on the Development Threads. Built from the Nordic Based Firmware.
But you can use AT&T Roms on our T889 and they will work.

Rom Of Thrones

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Pretty much any AT&T Note 2 Rom posted in the AT&T Development Thread. But read the threads OPs first just to be sure... Ive flashed atleast 4 AT&T Roms and 1 N7105 Rom on my T889.

wing-zero

Oct 31, 2012
i cant seem to find a stock 4.4.2 note 2 rom for ATT

also since im tmobile, do i need to find a modem/radio to flash?

Last edited:

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Im on DN3 Beta 2 right now. So far I haven't had any black screen freezes which I had on Beta 1. I like it a lot.
The other Rom I liked before DN3 (4.4.2 base) was released was a test Rom. It didn't have a name. But you can find it on the AT&T General Section by bsbachert.. It was only Beta 1 at the time. It's now on Beta 2 but I haven't tried it.

The only reason I like these Roms are simple. Transparent AccuWeather and Colored Emojis (its standard now tho) Everything else is just a plus.
DN3, to me, is feature rich and most of them I don't use.
I might go back to that test rom and just add the Note 3 Launcher because the launcher on that Rom wasn't sized correctly.

2Quik

Nov 29, 2010
Im on DN3 Beta 2 right now. So far I haven't had any black screen freezes which I had on Beta 1. I like it a lot.
The other Rom I liked before DN3 (4.4.2 base) was released was a test Rom. It didn't have a name. But you can find it on the AT&T General Section by bsbachert.. It was only Beta 1 at the time. It's now on Beta 2 but I haven't tried it.

The only reason I like these Roms are simple. Transparent AccuWeather and Colored Emojis (its standard now tho) Everything else is just a plus.
DN3, to me, is feature rich and most of them I don't use.
I might go back to that test rom and just add the Note 3 Launcher because the launcher on that Rom wasn't sized correctly.

you are referring to correct?
[4.3] DN3(Ditto Note 3) ROM for SGH-i317, SGH-i317M, N7105 from Electron Team (E-Team) 10-12-13

i cant seem to find a stock 4.4.2 note 2 rom for ATT

I could not find a stock 4.4.2 rom either.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
will the sprint 4.4.2 rom work on TMO T889 Note 2?

Not as is. It would be a train wreck. Sprint roms don't translate add well to GSM devices. You won't get anything more from theirs than from the existing work on the Nordic releases. Try ROM of Thrones from mattlowry or eZCAT from ezdubzitmk4. They are a decent option. They are a bit quirky simply because they are based on TW. TW kitkat broke some functionality by design.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
I'm using ezcat right now. Running pretty well with no issues. Lots of neat features. I recommend a full wipe, then flash rom, keyboard fix, then s5 keyboard, modem and then go to first boot. Then reboot into recovery and flash supersu.

I also like the stock ui so I flashed that mod as well after flashing supersu.

No issues as of yet :) liking it so far.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2747733

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: chris.l.naish

2Quik

Nov 29, 2010
I'm using ezcat right now. Running pretty well with no issues. Lots of neat features. I recommend a full wipe, then flash rom, keyboard fix, then s5 keyboard, modem and then go to first boot. Then reboot into recovery and flash supersu.

I will give it a try, what modem did you use? link?
I also see in the instructions to set up APN, what are the settings?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.