Winamp for Android (Beta)

Search This thread

doomedromance

Sep 23, 2009
Pearl City
Just released beta version of Winamp for android.
Winamp for Android: Now in Beta - Winamp Blog

Winamp, the Ultimate Media Player, is now available in beta on AndroidTM (Android 2.1 OS and above). It offers a complete media management solution by seamlessly syncing with the Winamp desktop library. In addition to high quality playback and persistent player controls, Winamp for Android offers wireless desktop sync with your Winamp desktop application (Winamp 5.59 beta required). Standard USB syncing also available.

Mobilize Your Library
A complete Android media management solution, that seamlessly syncs with your Winamp desktop library (USB or Wi-Fi).

Wireless Desktop Sync
No need to tie your Android phone down. Enable Wi-Fi sync and leave your cable behind (Winamp 5.59 beta required).

Persistent Player Controls
Quickly pause, change tracks, manage your play queue, see what's playing and access the Winamp home screen.

Play Queue Management
The play queue is a temporary track listing that allows you to easily select and sort tracks. And if you like, save it as a playlist.

Widget Players & Shortcuts
Add playlist shortcuts and the widget player to the Android home screen. As well as enable playback control from the lock-screen.

Now Playing
Displays song info, album art and more. Press and hold on the song info to interact with other apps like Pandora, YouTube and the Amazon MP3 Store.

Scrobbling
Supports scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed (on your Android device). Capturing all of your mobile listening history in real time.

What You'll Need To Do:

- Download & install the beta version of the Winamp desktop application from the Winamp forums.

- From your Android phone, download & install the beta version of the Winamp for Android app. You can either scan the below QR code with your phone or search for Winamp in the Android Market.

qrcode-bitlywinamp-android-l.png

Reactions: PacoCGN

m2thedeep

Jul 26, 2010
Just found it in the market and was gonna make a post about it here. After fooling around with the app on my phone, I have to say it's pretty impressive for a first release. This is the first music app that I've seen that has basic UI elements well implemented. Definitely replacing Doubletwist on my phone.

doomedromance

Sep 23, 2009
Pearl City
Just connected my winamp through wifi. currently transfering new music to my phone over wifi. Works just like when you normally hook up devices with usb. About 10-15 secs per song to transfer.

Rosco911

Jan 31, 2009
Love it, replacing MixZing... but I cant manage to set the lock screen widget be the only lock screen...

Krynj

Jun 6, 2010
I can't seem to figure out where to go in Winamp to sync via Wifi. I've checked all through the menus, and I'm not seeing anything. Running the latest version of Winamp too. Any help?

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Pretty good but I'd still like to see the add/remove button for songs.
i.e closer to the vintage winamp <3.0 look

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
My only issue with WinAmp (for the pc) is that even though I have a pro license, it always crashes after exactly 5 hours of use. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. Hopefully the android app is a little better.

bewA

Feb 16, 2010
I can't seem to figure out where to go in Winamp to sync via Wifi. I've checked all through the menus, and I'm not seeing anything. Running the latest version of Winamp too. Any help?

Yea i was wondering the same thing! I'm just going through all the options on the beta desktop app to see if there are any clues there! :(

djmickyg

May 30, 2010
YES!! finally something that does wifi sync!
haven't tried it yet, just setting it up now

EDIT: just tried it out.. works great!

Last edited:

djmickyg

May 30, 2010
Yea i was wondering the same thing! I'm just going through all the options on the beta desktop app to see if there are any clues there! :(

TO enable wifi sync.

on your phone, in the main screen in winamp press menu>settings and enable wifi sync

on your pc click the devices link in the media library list and if you have enable wifi on your phone it will show up here.

iomthd

Apr 23, 2008
I'll have to try this and power amp to see which is best!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

xoltrix2000

Jul 19, 2008
I don't know about you guys, but it's not showing up under Portables. I am connected to my home wifi and have wifi enabled in the Winamp settings. Is there some search function that we have to do?

fatttire

Oct 11, 2010
it doesn't recognize your pre-existing songs on your android as being the same as your computer. it wants to re-copy them (presumably to a winamp folder on the android).

Then it doesn't exactly ask where to put them... making me think it's going on the internal SD card.... eh.

Hope they fix that in the next release.

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
I really wish CyanogenMod's "press trackball twice to skip track" feature worked with this media player, as it only seems to work with the stock music player :(

fatttire

Oct 11, 2010
Update:

It copies all your music folders via WiFi to / , effectively making browsing supremely difficult.

It also manages to copy music to two different folders depending on if you connect via WiFi or USB, so if you finish copying via WiFi, then connect using USB, it tries to duplicate every song, and comes up with an error message that you don't have any free space left.

What the ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just released beta version of Winamp for android.
    Winamp for Android: Now in Beta - Winamp Blog

Winamp, the Ultimate Media Player, is now available in beta on AndroidTM (Android 2.1 OS and above). It offers a complete media management solution by seamlessly syncing with the Winamp desktop library. In addition to high quality playback and persistent player controls, Winamp for Android offers wireless desktop sync with your Winamp desktop application (Winamp 5.59 beta required). Standard USB syncing also available.

Mobilize Your Library
    A complete Android media management solution, that seamlessly syncs with your Winamp desktop library (USB or Wi-Fi).

Wireless Desktop Sync
    No need to tie your Android phone down. Enable Wi-Fi sync and leave your cable behind (Winamp 5.59 beta required).

Persistent Player Controls
    Quickly pause, change tracks, manage your play queue, see what's playing and access the Winamp home screen.

Play Queue Management
    The play queue is a temporary track listing that allows you to easily select and sort tracks. And if you like, save it as a playlist.

Widget Players & Shortcuts
    Add playlist shortcuts and the widget player to the Android home screen. As well as enable playback control from the lock-screen.

Now Playing
    Displays song info, album art and more. Press and hold on the song info to interact with other apps like Pandora, YouTube and the Amazon MP3 Store.

Scrobbling
    Supports scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed (on your Android device). Capturing all of your mobile listening history in real time.

What You'll Need To Do:

- Download & install the beta version of the Winamp desktop application from the Winamp forums.

- From your Android phone, download & install the beta version of the Winamp for Android app. You can either scan the below QR code with your phone or search for Winamp in the Android Market.

qrcode-bitlywinamp-android-l.png