Light Flow App support

Search This thread

mdandashly

Dec 6, 2012
I'll give it a shot. The first several reviews say it doesn't work. Haven't personally tried it.

sonicdeth

Feb 10, 2007
Light flow working here as well. Love that app!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

jdmcl9

Jul 6, 2011
for the guys who have light flow working, is your hangouts notifications working? everything works fine for me except hangouts.

andy o

May 6, 2012
Dash Clock works fine for me, but Lightflow doesn't seem to. The test option doesn't work. Is this the same for you guys who have it working otherwise?

mdandashly

Dec 6, 2012
I emailed the Lightflow dev. he said there are some hangouts issues, but he is working on fixing them ASAP. However, for my purposes it works fine. I just set all hangouts to one blinking color.

As for dashclock, how do I add it to a lockscreen? On 4.3 I had to create a new lockscreen and all that jazz, but I'm not able to do that on 4.4???

Edit: I know how to put the dashclock on a homescreen, but how do I place it on a lockscreen in 4.4.

Last edited:

mdandashly

Dec 6, 2012
Dash Clock works fine for me, but Lightflow doesn't seem to. The test option doesn't work. Is this the same for you guys who have it working otherwise?

Test works for me. All works except splitting up hangouts notifications and having the LED be "always on". Dev says he is working on it. Here is the message I got from him:

Hi
I'm working on it, although most things should already work. I know sms doesn't with the new Hangouts integration and the "always on" led doesn't work on the nexus 5.

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
I emailed the Lightflow dev. he said there are some hangouts issues, but he is working on fixing them ASAP. However, for my purposes it works fine. I just set all hangouts to one blinking color.

As for dashclock, how do I add it to a lockscreen? On 4.3 I had to create a new lockscreen and all that jazz, but I'm not able to do that on 4.4???

Edit: I know how to put the dashclock on a homescreen, but how do I place it on a lockscreen in 4.4.

Have you enabled lockscreen widgets? It's under security settings.

Reactions: mdandashly

n7of9

Mar 19, 2011
Sydney

from the lock screen, pull down the default clock (this will enter the lockscreen setup), then swipe left to right, click on the + sign, select dashclock, pick extensions, press the TICK to save...then go back to step one and remove the default lockscreen (or add more)

mdandashly

Dec 6, 2012
from the lock screen, pull down the default clock (this will enter the lockscreen setup), then swipe left to right, click on the + sign, select dashclock, pick extensions, press the TICK to save...then go back to step one and remove the default lockscreen (or add more)

Thanks, I forgot there was a lockscreen widget setting under security. Its odd.

Also, it looks like Light Flow works, unless you have any notification set to "always on." The devhas confirmed this and he said he has a workaround coming.

andy o

May 6, 2012
Test works for me. All works except splitting up hangouts notifications and having the LED be "always on". Dev says he is working on it.

It doesn't work for me with stock options. Even deleted data and ran it again. Enabled/disabled/enabled the LED light in Android's display settings but no difference. There's something going on, with what seems an equal number of people reporting it's buggy or it plainly doesn't work, and people for whom it works well.

Solarian

Jan 28, 2011
Doesn't work for me either, I've tried everything. It works when I do the test LEDs, but doesn't seem to work with any notifications. I don't have always on, but I have a custom interval for the pulsing, could that be the issue?

phositadc

May 7, 2010
FYI sometimes "test" won't work but the app itself nevertheless works fine.

So don't assume that just because the test feature isn't working that the app itself is not working.

Sent from my Nexus 5

ArcanaXVIII

Apr 28, 2010
Paris
Anyone else have the notification light that doesn't stop blinking after a hangout notification, even if you clear the notification?

Driving me mad.

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Anyone else have the notification light that doesn't stop blinking after a hangout notification, even if you clear the notification?

Driving me mad.

If it's purple, I know which one you're talking about. To fix it, disable SMS recieved notifications. You'll still get the light when receiving sms from Hangouts.

Reactions: ArcanaXVIII

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Exact same behavior here.

I've pushed out the new version of lightflow to the play store. I usually do a staged rollout, but I know lots of people are keen to get nexus 5 updates so I've risked a full rollout.
    See the changelog here: www.reactle.com/lightflow/changelog

Also see this page: http://www.folioflow.com/ff/page/website/lightflow/pageId/2349 for details on testing the setup on the nexus 5.

I'm glad to get that one out. I got a nexus 5 on Friday and I've been working until 2am every night since on this. Tonight's an early night for me only 01:00am!

Note as always, it may take up to 24 hours for the app to show the update in the play store for eveyone. Look out for version 3.12.5
    Is it no longer possible to set a priority for persistent notifications so they don't permanently stay in the notification bar? I remember on some apps I used to be able to remove the persistent notification icon by lowering the priority in the app's settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5

The app runs with a priority of min by default, unless you set the "show persistent icon" option which changes it to "default" instead of min

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

I'm having some issues with mine. I have light flow enabled in accessibility, is there another setting or something I have to activate? My LED blinks the same orangy-yellow color for everything. Really weird.

You don't need accessibility on, but you do need phone settings, security, notification access, lightflow on in android 4.4

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Anyone have an issue where certain colors don't work? Orange sky blue and turquoise don't work for me. I have tried all of the colors but blue red and green definitely work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I seem to get orange and sky blue ok

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

This seems to be hit and miss for me. I set up a charging green color and it worked the first few times but has since stopped.

Also is there anyway to get the light to work with the screen on? For instance if I want a green light anytime the phone is charging (regardless of screen condition) is this possible?

It might be the "charged" / charging threshold that's set in lightflow, notifications, charging. It may have switched from one state to the next.

It's not possible to have it on when the screen is on. This is hard-coded into android (it's only possible if custom roms support it)

Have you enabled lockscreen widgets? It's under security settings.

Driving me mad.

If it's purple, I know which one you're talking about. To fix it, disable SMS recieved notifications. You'll still get the light when receiving sms from Hangouts.
    My N5 Light Flow problem is with the Sleep Settings not being effective - and my partner is not impressed especially as I sleep through the vibrations etc. Is anyone else having this problem?

LG 3.12.7. Not a problem on my Gal Nex.

Make sure you don't have any sounds/vibrations set in the native apps. I know gmail and Hangouts the settings are in a few places.