WARNING: There are NO Telus stock firmware files!!!

Search This thread

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
Just a WARNING to any telus users of the S4.

There are NO real stock firmware files if you ever wanted/needed Telus stock firmware.

www.sammobile.com
and
www.samsung-updates.com

both *show* stock firmware for Telus, but all files I have downloaded are actually BELL firmware.

upon further inspection, the *bell* firmware and *telus* stock odin files on those sites share the same file size and md5.

Just incase some noob who has never used either phone asks.... NO THEY DONT RUN THE SAME STOCK FIRMWARE.

I have confirmed this issue with samsung-updates.com, and it is an error on SAMSUNG's server side, or an error by the carrier??

I have confirmed that this is an issue for all 3 stock firmwares for the telus S4:
I337MVLUFNE1 4.4.2
I337MVLUFNC1 4.4.2
I337MVLUEMK6 4.3

If any Telus user needs to flash stock for warranty purposes, you are SOL.

If you are a telus user WITH A STOCK phone. Please let us know. We will help you pull a dump file, and we can create a stock firmware image.

thanks for reading

kiru

May 12, 2005
Have you tried to change the csc when the bell firmware is loaded?

TRusselo

Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
Have you tried to change the csc when the bell firmware is loaded?

Flashing the "telus" firmware as a whole from sammobile or samsung updates, includes the necessary CSC files. And CSC files will not affect the pre-installed carrier apps. there is an obvious issue if you have a telus phone with bell applications pre-installed, and no telus applications.

The file's the same for Bell Rogers Telus etc

Rogers is affected by this issue as well? I really hope you are not stating that they are *supposed* to be the same. I will come to your house and slap you.

kiru

May 12, 2005
Flashing the "telus" firmware as a whole from sammobile or samsung updates, includes the necessary CSC files. And CSC files will not affect the pre-installed carrier apps. there is an obvious issue if you have a telus phone with bell applications pre-installed, and no telus applications.

When I changed the csc from Koodo to Rogers... The phone resetted and then I had all the Rogers pre installed software show up. I didn't download the Rogers firmware.

ma678

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto, ON
This issue still remains on the latest NI2 firmware I downloaded and loaded yesterday. Only Bell pre-installed apps were loaded on my Telus S4.

TRusselo

Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
Don't need it. Just flash the stock ROM, and if needed there is a dialer code to change carrier csc