[RADIOS/HYBRIDS]*UPDATED* 4.0.4 FULL 2/6/2012 PLUS FRIED RADIO Halp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ready5

Jun 2, 2011
Radio patch from 4.0.4 update package found on android police. SEE BELOW!
This isnt anything new, but rather combination of what many report to be better of the LTE and CDMA radios. Just a simple repackaging. It appears to be the better of combinations I have tried. Handoff between 3g/4g appears be for my set of 5 phones in various areas around CT, so please no "your wrong " posts.

FLASH IN CWR unless your having issues,.. then follow directions below for Fried Radio.

Cheers!

Hybrid 1 VZW EK5 CDMA(4.0.2) / EK4 LTE(4.0.3)

Ready5

MD5: 999b87799b5846af96694d25c62cea8b

Updated: New combination for those of you who seem to get worse results with the hybrid 1 package.

Hybrid 2 VZW EK6 CDMA(4.0.3) / EK2 LTE(4.0.2)

MD5: 24afbc22c9ba88e7cbdd248147762289

If your not cool with "patching" your LTE radio image and want to wait for a full 4.0.4 LTE image try my newest hybrid below. Bootloader update was removed, so no reverting to stock needed!

Hybrid 3 VZW V.FA02 CDMA(4.0.4) / EK4 LTE(4.0.3)

MD5: 3383d0b47c5e9aaab0d638f6c2290a0c

***** Updated 2/6/2012**** NO NEED TO FLASH BACK TO 4.0.2 now!!
For those who wanted the 4.0.4 radios without the bootloader so you DO NOT have to revert to stock rom to take this, here you go. Few things to note.

1.) Im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone as a result of this.

2.) I have tested the packages on the 4 GNEXS I have.

3.) This package includes a FULL CDMA image and a LTE FULL IMAGE... WHICH MEANS... this IS a final radio, Please report feedback but dont be a ****.

4.) NO NEED TO FLASH to 4.0.2 as this is a FULL LTE and CDMA image!

If you get any errors while flashing anyoff the Hybrids or the 4.0.4 radios...no sweat. Pull the batt for a few seconds, boot into fastboot then recovery and go again!

That is all.......

VZW CDMA FULL v.FA02(4.0.4) / LTE FULL FA02(4.0.4) NO BOOTLDR

MD5: 0725ec0e6da5f5994beb37504a528d9e

For those of you who have fried your radios before, never fear. A simple fix is to download the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v5.1 and put your phone into the fastboot menu.

1.) Download a radio package from either 4.0.2 or 4.0.3 (not 4.0.4 yet)and extract the radio.img and radio-cdma.img to the put_img_files_to_flash_here folder that the toolkit installed to.
2.) Select the option to Boot or Flash IMG files
3.) VERY IMPORTANT!! Follow the prompt and enter in radio-cdma.img first! If you flash LTE radio first, and then CDMA, CDMA will purge the LTE Radio!!!!!
4.) When prompted to change permissions so no, and when prompted to flash another file say yes.
5.) Now enter in radio.img and flash.

Your radios are now recovered. To confirm fastboot should show the 2 radios versions. If it only shows CDMA radio version, then you screwed up! Try again.

Last edited:

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
This isnt anything new, but rather combination of what many report to be better of the LTE and CDMA radios. Just a simple repackaging. It appears to be the better of combinations I have tried. Handoff between 3g/4g appears be for my set of 5 phones in various areas around CT, so please no "your wrong " posts.

Cheers!

Ready

VZW Galaxy Nexus Hybrid Radio EK5 CDMA(4.0.2) / EK4 LTE(4.0.3)

Ain't got nothing to lose for lol. Thank you sir will report in the area I need most. My office!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
Might this out. I already using the leaked 4.0.3 Radio from December. Do I just flash this in Recovery and hope for the best ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ready5

Jun 2, 2011
Its just rewriting your LTE 4.0.3 radio and reverting your CDMA radio. All will be well. I promise it wont open a blackhole. :)

dp92180

Apr 21, 2008
This isn't my first time having this issue, by my phone always says download unsuccessful...am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Wool02

Jan 17, 2011

Cheers!

Ready

VZW Galaxy Nexus Hybrid Radio EK5 CDMA(4.0.2) / EK4 LTE(4.0.3)

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for this.

PS - When are you going to get DT to come out of retirement?

ChickenGod

Jun 9, 2010
I gave it a try and so far, there doesn't seem like there are any differences... I'll let you all know if I notice anything...

Thanks though!

aergern

Mar 1, 2010
San Anselmo
Well, I flashed this a few hours ago before going out. We went to a bar known to force me to 3G with the Gnex ... so I put it in CDMA only to save some battery and then figured out the bar had Wifi so I flipped that on. When we left the bar I turned Wifi off and it refused to jump back on 3G let alone 4G. I then put it into airplane mode as this sometimes fixes things ... it wouldn't come out of airplane mode until I rebooted.

So ... just an FYI.

I'm flashing back up to .3 / .3 radios because I've not seen this behavior the last 4 times we've been at this specific bar. (It's on the island of Alameda [california])

jerrycycle

Aug 20, 2009
I too had the issue of the signal being found when I first flashed the hybrid combo. I intentionally rebooted twice now all seems well. Signal hand offs seem quicker in all causes even better then with lasted leaked radio combo.

jjrudey

May 3, 2010
Buffalo
I'll try this since with both radios I'm getting random data drops.

Edit: I'm only sitting in my living room but now I have a 4G signal. Used to only be 3G.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Last edited:
J

jasecloud4

Dost thou have the md5?

klobkelosh

Jan 25, 2011
Phx, AZ
3g/4g handoff is beautiful on this radio combo. No complaints yet. Thank you for this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

revolt1

Nov 1, 2009
weird thing if I try to use this through cwr it says that I can't cause there's a space in there
but if I go though and use it through recovery it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Radio patch from 4.0.4 update package found on android police. SEE BELOW!

FLASH IN CWR unless your having issues,.. then follow directions below for Fried Radio.

Cheers!

Hybrid 1 VZW EK5 CDMA(4.0.2) / EK4 LTE(4.0.3)

Ready5

MD5: 999b87799b5846af96694d25c62cea8b

Updated: New combination for those of you who seem to get worse results with the hybrid 1 package.

Hybrid 2 VZW EK6 CDMA(4.0.3) / EK2 LTE(4.0.2)

MD5: 24afbc22c9ba88e7cbdd248147762289

If your not cool with "patching" your LTE radio image and want to wait for a full 4.0.4 LTE image try my newest hybrid below. Bootloader update was removed, so no reverting to stock needed!

Hybrid 3 VZW V.FA02 CDMA(4.0.4) / EK4 LTE(4.0.3)

MD5: 3383d0b47c5e9aaab0d638f6c2290a0c

***** Updated 2/6/2012**** NO NEED TO FLASH BACK TO 4.0.2 now!!
    For those who wanted the 4.0.4 radios without the bootloader so you DO NOT have to revert to stock rom to take this, here you go. Few things to note.

1.) Im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone as a result of this.

2.) I have tested the packages on the 4 GNEXS I have.

3.) This package includes a FULL CDMA image and a LTE FULL IMAGE... WHICH MEANS... this IS a final radio, Please report feedback but dont be a ****.

4.) NO NEED TO FLASH to 4.0.2 as this is a FULL LTE and CDMA image!

If you get any errors while flashing anyoff the Hybrids or the 4.0.4 radios...no sweat. Pull the batt for a few seconds, boot into fastboot then recovery and go again!

That is all.......

VZW CDMA FULL v.FA02(4.0.4) / LTE FULL FA02(4.0.4) NO BOOTLDR

MD5: 0725ec0e6da5f5994beb37504a528d9e

For those of you who have fried your radios before, never fear. A simple fix is to download the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v5.1 and put your phone into the fastboot menu.

1.) Download a radio package from either 4.0.2 or 4.0.3 (not 4.0.4 yet)and extract the radio.img and radio-cdma.img to the put_img_files_to_flash_here folder that the toolkit installed to.
    2.) Select the option to Boot or Flash IMG files
    3.) VERY IMPORTANT!! Follow the prompt and enter in radio-cdma.img first! If you flash LTE radio first, and then CDMA, CDMA will purge the LTE Radio!!!!!
    4.) When prompted to change permissions so no, and when prompted to flash another file say yes.
    5.) Now enter in radio.img and flash.

Your radios are now recovered. To confirm fastboot should show the 2 radios versions. If it only shows CDMA radio version, then you screwed up! Try again.
    So I just flashed this and can't speak on the longevity of it. I will say, under the leaked 4.0.3 radios If I was in my office at work, I would never get 4G and only about 3 bars of 3G. If I stepped outside, it would go right to 4G.

Under this radio (I've only been at work with it so far) I have not dropped out of 4G yet. Even in the deepest depths of he....my office.

I think you might be onto something here.

wow, how can that be since the 4g radio didn't change?

Thats because his CDMA radio before was holding the LTE radio hostage. For some people this fixes that issue.
    MD5

Dost thou have the md5?

Thy had his head up his ass. Check OP now. oops.:D
    how can i flash back the 4.0.3 radio?

New Leaked Radios CDMA, LTE & Bootloader http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1403133
    Same happened to me. I used the toolkit but I am seeing 05 and 02, not 06