[app] Car dashdroid a Google like car dashboard (Material)

Search This thread

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
Hi all let me introduce car dashdroid its a new car dashboard app, i think this could be a great substitute to android auto, since i re design the app now it match with google layout, even material its highly customizable and im developing every day to make this app better and better :)
i made this inspired in Htc car at begining however now i have my "own" style and i hope you enjoy , it has cool stuff like
"ok google hotword"
built in dialer,contacts (one clic to call contact number), built in music player, shortcuts to apps , music controls for google music,poweramp,htc, samsung, lg and so on.
some specs:
- Inspired in Android Auto
- Compass
- Digital Clock
- current Weather
- Current location
-Music controls (PowerAmp, Google Music, built in music) with support for album art, next, previous, play/pause song in main screen
- Shortcuts slots for applications or shortcuts
-Day/Night mode based on time
- Starts the app when specific device its connected to the phone (optional)
- Close the App when de device disconnect from bluetooth (optional)
- Lock screen orientation (screen lock) even for 3th party apps to portrait or landscape
- Speed in Kph or mph
- Weather temperature in degrees or fahrenheit
- Full screen with immersive mode available (android 4.4)
- shortcuts to toggle bluetooth, screen brightness, orientation and theme
-Hotword for Google Now “Ok Google” (android 4.4+) inside the app
- Holo Theme and Android L design , inspired in Android Auto from Google as well.
-built in Music Player
-Built in smart dialer to call your contacts
-Built in Contacts list

M3uqJY8GJzBn9wst5AWYeeCd1N7HIgL0xmWU8ku98bPdJ6ybJwvm7QJ6UIH7Gq3-Ww=h900-rw

89VY5KmHPIxu1J7HA_SIkhwpJMhq9tltyuKWb3qE7fnR1Q09LV8Eyo7GMNU3Hsjgc0p_=h900-rw

eVY32ZEpSoScxaM-hO3XRQSzTbXD2Y_WJizCrFcZTa04EV0ZYDFKzj1Se6dO28X33xg=h900-rw

b0Nm7bz41zo3T6WHQC4Y_ekRMYl9NL9d_ZvSMQ4sNInFh7HbeTtcU9WD3u4k-1xdWitp=h900-rw

F7A2tq86v2e0MsV_SVCs_kFSRZMvaSc4NP-JivS_gZ0LXDzU34i6hlloEbO5eCvX29c=h900-rw

5ixhu_cThn9kbdr7mfrlnardhXnL0jKSQ23h7QpSCCQRq6M-kcN5Fk13HugILo9XgQ=h900-rw

WBRhvSH8T0C5ajCk1fFtxFUo7DWdDkEBdfJS6-QrRp7Av9lgBqm3Q8quvAfXd84a14Q=h900-rw

you can download from play store HERE
if you like my work please leave a good review on play store :D thanks a lot!!

Last edited:

Paddi01

Apr 6, 2013
Nice App! I have just the problem that i just see the contacst without whatsapp information...

Paddi01

Apr 6, 2013
No, in your app i see just 14 contacts from my adressbook (60 contacts). The 14 are the contacts without whatsapp informations in my "normal" contacts.

Acousticbeatz

Jan 26, 2011
Bremerhaven
Great App so far, but i got a few questions...

When i start my navigation app (Navigon) and go back to the dashboard homescreen to make a call or something and then wanna go back to the Navigation screen by pressing the navi icon, Navigon restarts itself instead of bringing me back to the running navigation.
How can i prevent it?

Another thing: some of my shortcuts doesn't show up in the shortcut window after selecting. They're going to the phone homescreen instead

Can you please take a look at these issues??

otherwise a nice app!!

Dbrown53

May 13, 2013
LG V20
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)
Car Dashdroid

Zen,
This looks like a nice app. I noticed that because I do not have a Car dock the app locks in one orientation. It needs to be unlocked for any orientation. I also noticed that startup seems a little slow but you did state that it is in Beta. Fix the orientation and I will start using it. Thanks!

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com

When i start my navigation app (Navigon) and go back to the dashboard homescreen to make a call or something and then wanna go back to the Navigation screen by pressing the navi icon, Navigon restarts itself instead of bringing me back to the running navigation.
How can i prevent it?

Another thing: some of my shortcuts doesn't show up in the shortcut window after selecting. They're going to the phone homescreen instead

otherwise a nice app!!
i will try fix the navigon issue with a intent to not restart (should work in the way its working but weird) about shortcuts its difficult because the developer of the shortcuts explicit put the icon in the home screen perhaps i will try to see if i can do anything, wich apps you had this problem?

Zen,
This looks like a nice app. I noticed that because I do not have a Car dock the app locks in one orientation. It needs to be unlocked for any orientation. I also noticed that startup seems a little slow but you did state that it is in Beta. Fix the orientation and I will start using it. Thanks!
yes its little slow because some stuff with loading contacts :S anyways you are using market version? that version seems faster, and yes i will unlock" the portrait soon, im working in "built in" music player after that i will make portrait layouts :)

Reactions: Acousticbeatz

Dbrown53

May 13, 2013
LG V20
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)
Dbrown53 reply

i will try fix the navigon issue with a intent to not restart (should work in the way its working but weird) about shortcuts its difficult because the developer of the shortcuts explicit put the icon in the home screen perhaps i will try to see if i can do anything, wich apps you had this problem?

yes its little slow because some stuff with loading contacts :S anyways you are using market version? that version seems faster, and yes i will unlock" the portrait soon, im working in "built in" music player after that i will make portrait layouts :)

Zen,
I need landscape rotated 180deg. I use landscape flipped for the power cord on a razr. Thanks I can't wait for the update. Keep up the good work!

Acousticbeatz

Jan 26, 2011
Bremerhaven

it happens with the shortcuts of screen standby. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1934495

another thing i noticed... i'm not able to place the widget of your app on my homescreen, if i try a window opens, saying the app is not installed.

I would be very grateful if you could iron out those issues

oh, and a little suggestion... is it possible to implement some media shortcuts (play/pause, skip tracks)? that would be awesome!

Dbrown53

May 13, 2013
LG V20
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)
unlock oreintation in car dashboard app

wow not sure if this is possible since android manage this =X so you need maybe cyanogenmod or a mod :( i cant dev for 180 degrees i only have portrait or landscape

I'm sure you can unlock it. I have other car dashboard apps that unlock it so it will rotate the screen to whatever position you want it in. Example app Car Dashboard by Mandariasoft

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com
it happens with the shortcuts of screen standby. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1934495

another thing i noticed... i'm not able to place the widget of your app on my homescreen, if i try a window opens, saying the app is not installed.

I would be very grateful if you could iron out those issues

oh, and a little suggestion... is it possible to implement some media shortcuts (play/pause, skip tracks)? that would be awesome!
Well the skip y next track I will work on that, I'm working in the built in media player, so far seems nice and Bluetooth compatible :D I don't have widget(yet)I need figure out why shows as widget LOL I I'm working every day in this but the media player it's difficult even when it's simple and not like commercial one, and that took all my time

I'm sure you can unlock it. I have other car dashboard apps that unlock it so it will rotate the screen to whatever position you want it in. Example app Car Dashboard by Mandariasoft
Really ? Mmmm I need to download and maybe check manifest :p

Sent from my Nexus 4

TheMrBlue

May 30, 2012
I was wondering if you could just post the apk here on xda? The "older" (gingerbread) tablet I installed in my car is not compatible according to Google Play, but I would like to try it out anyway?
Thanks in advance!

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
Looks really promising, waiting for portrait version as I can't use landscape in my car/cradle. Good work

Sent via TCP/IP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all let me introduce car dashdroid its a new car dashboard app, i think this could be a great substitute to android auto, since i re design the app now it match with google layout, even material its highly customizable and im developing every day to make this app better and better :)
    i made this inspired in Htc car at begining however now i have my "own" style and i hope you enjoy , it has cool stuff like
    "ok google hotword"
    built in dialer,contacts (one clic to call contact number), built in music player, shortcuts to apps , music controls for google music,poweramp,htc, samsung, lg and so on.
    some specs:
    - Inspired in Android Auto
    - Compass
    - Digital Clock
    - current Weather
    - Current location
    -Music controls (PowerAmp, Google Music, built in music) with support for album art, next, previous, play/pause song in main screen
    - Shortcuts slots for applications or shortcuts
    -Day/Night mode based on time
    - Starts the app when specific device its connected to the phone (optional)
    - Close the App when de device disconnect from bluetooth (optional)
    - Lock screen orientation (screen lock) even for 3th party apps to portrait or landscape
    - Speed in Kph or mph
    - Weather temperature in degrees or fahrenheit
    - Full screen with immersive mode available (android 4.4)
    - shortcuts to toggle bluetooth, screen brightness, orientation and theme
    -Hotword for Google Now “Ok Google” (android 4.4+) inside the app
    - Holo Theme and Android L design , inspired in Android Auto from Google as well.
    -built in Music Player
    -Built in smart dialer to call your contacts
    -Built in Contacts list

M3uqJY8GJzBn9wst5AWYeeCd1N7HIgL0xmWU8ku98bPdJ6ybJwvm7QJ6UIH7Gq3-Ww=h900-rw

89VY5KmHPIxu1J7HA_SIkhwpJMhq9tltyuKWb3qE7fnR1Q09LV8Eyo7GMNU3Hsjgc0p_=h900-rw

eVY32ZEpSoScxaM-hO3XRQSzTbXD2Y_WJizCrFcZTa04EV0ZYDFKzj1Se6dO28X33xg=h900-rw

b0Nm7bz41zo3T6WHQC4Y_ekRMYl9NL9d_ZvSMQ4sNInFh7HbeTtcU9WD3u4k-1xdWitp=h900-rw

F7A2tq86v2e0MsV_SVCs_kFSRZMvaSc4NP-JivS_gZ0LXDzU34i6hlloEbO5eCvX29c=h900-rw

5ixhu_cThn9kbdr7mfrlnardhXnL0jKSQ23h7QpSCCQRq6M-kcN5Fk13HugILo9XgQ=h900-rw

WBRhvSH8T0C5ajCk1fFtxFUo7DWdDkEBdfJS6-QrRp7Av9lgBqm3Q8quvAfXd84a14Q=h900-rw

you can download from play store HERE
    if you like my work please leave a good review on play store :D thanks a lot!!
    Is there, or can there be, an option to have Dashdroid close itself when either the charger cable is disconnected or BT connection is lost? That would be s more elegant solution.

OK i should be sleeping :/
    anyways i just push a new version
    Tasker use the next intent Action:
    "com.nezdroid.mycardahsboard.STOP" (without quotes) to close my app in a "safe" way
    i added BT disconnection, so you can enable in settings and the app will close upon bluetooth disconnections (warning, some devices connect/disconnect before pairing, so you could see my app open and closing because this)
    if i forgot something let me know
    and can you try the tasker intent?
    Thanks

Wow, that was much easier than what I thought. It works great. Now Car Dashdroid can be automatically closed.

Actually I'm using this stop intent when my bluetooth speakerphone is disconnected (if leaving my car). In tasker I just added the action "Send Intent" (in Misc category) and copy-paste the action com.nezdroid.mycardahsboard.STOP that's all.

For those who doesn't use tasker. If you can run adb shell in your app (which should be the case, at least with a plugin). Then simply use the next shell line:
    am broadcast -a com.nezdroid.mycardahsboard.STOP

I think everybody is able now to close the app without issues. Thanks again to zen kun
    No, in your app i see just 14 contacts from my adressbook (60 contacts). The 14 are the contacts without whatsapp informations in my "normal" contacts.
    Oh, let me see i suppose im queryng the database but i guess shows only with google? mmm let me see if this happens :/
    thanks!!

How can i prevent it?

otherwise a nice app!!

Zen,
    No, apparently they just changed something API-wise. I'm using the Chronus weather widget app and its dev also had some problems with the Yahoo API some time ago which he managed to fix.
    Thanks, I will take a look and try fix this too :)