[How to] Install unlock bootloader for A100/A101

Search This thread

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

WARNING - If it works on your device, be careful, as with an unlocked bootloader you can brick you tab faster than you can imagine.

How to:
0. It has been tested on the A100 ICS firmware. This bootloader doesn't work with HC firmware.
1. The tablet should be already rooted and charged more than on 30 %. Сonnect the tablet to the computer and power on.
2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
3. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
for windows with the rights of administrator
Code:
install-eng.bat
for Linux with the rights of root
Code:
bash ./btl-a200.sh
4. Wait. The tab will show a screen with two icons. One for lock and on for unlock. I used the volume down to highlight the one I wanted and the volume up select it.

Then you have to reboot, using, for example, this command:
Code:
sudo fastboot reboot-bootloader

And you'll get the message on the screen when it comes up in fastboot mode.

Code:
"Bootloader v0.03.06-ICS(UnlockMode): Starting Fastboot USB download protocol"

It's unlocked and available for fastboot flashing, etc.
---
For return original bootloader:
Code:
bash ./btl-a100.sh

PS: After unlocking bootloader there is a noncritical distortions of the picture at a stage of initial loading.

Last edited:

samco08

Jan 24, 2009
THX THX THX !!! to them and to you

yehhhhhhh !!:)

God exist !!

Enormous THX.

now waiting for Recovery & Custo_ROM !! ynak ynak ynak :D

Last edited:

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Hi there,

First off, great work. Just tested this on a100, once I re-read your post and I ran the a200 named script first it worked fine, I assume this is method shoehorns the a200 bootloaded into our a100s?

Excellent work, this means a lot!!

Last edited:

oneovakindoldys2

Nov 27, 2011
Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

WARNING - If it works on your device, be careful, as with an unlocked bootloader you can brick you tab faster than you can imagine.

How to:
0. It has been tested on the A100 ICS firmware.
1. The tablet should be already rooted and charged more than on 30 %. Сonnect the tablet to the computer and power on.
Code:
install-eng.bat
Code:
bash ./btl-a200.sh
4. Wait. The tab will show a screen with two icons. One for lock and on for unlock. I used the volume down to highlight the one I wanted and the volume up select it.

Code:

Code:

---
Code:
bash ./btl-a100.sh

PS: After unlocking bootloader there is a noncritical distortions of the picture at a stage of initial loading.
many thanks zero, its certainly been a long quest....superb work! also thanks @vdsirotkin, you guys rock!

littleemp

May 18, 2011
hey zeronull, have you already tried the cwm for the a200? if not it will possibly work...i will look into it if i get time tonight. thanks again friend!

Would you be looking into CWM 5.5 or 5.8 (touch version)? I ask because after using it on my Atrix, I think the latest version is far better than the old volume rocker navigation.

BrockVegas

Dec 1, 2011
Awesome news.. official ICS soon and an unlocked bootloader. I've been so on the fence with my Iconia tab.. ICS leak made it better but now....

BRING ON THE ROMS! :D

ygthb

Not working

got this mid script

-
Execute scripts
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
-
-
Rebooting
_
_

I never saw the two icons? I am rooted and SU works, strange?

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Love CM9 on the Atrix, now to have it on my A100, awesome.

oneovakindoldys2

Nov 27, 2011
You need to let the script finish and reboot the machine....you didn't let it run long enough it seems. good luck!

masterpker2

Jan 28, 2012
open a command prompt after the script is finished if you are on linux type sudo fastboot oem unlock and windows just type fastboot oem-unlock see what it says.

Reactions: ygthb

ygthb

found issue

I dont have SU

I have superuser installed, not sure why su is not there.

suggestions?

C:\fbr>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su -c 'sh /mnt/sdcard/wrtbtla200.sh'
su -c 'sh /mnt/sdcard/wrtbtla200.sh'
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
127|shell@android:/ $

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How to:
    0. It has been tested on the A100 ICS firmware. This bootloader doesn't work with HC firmware.
    Code:
    install-eng.bat
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a200.sh

Code:

Code:

---
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a100.sh

ok i did get back to it it seemed to go thru, when i got to the sudo reboot part it said sudo unreconized command but on tab screen it just said to reboot so i powered off and back on seems to be working tab rebooted is there anyway to check it

Sudo is a linux thing, windows won't know what it is. If your script is using sudo then its the linux version.

Not sure what you mean to check, if you mean it did the process for unlocking (the screen with two icons) then you can check on the acer screen, upper left, in white text, will say bootloader whatever version (unlock mode). If it doesn't say (unlock mode) then it's not unlocked. It'll probably say something like bootloader 03.06 ICS (unlock mode). If it says 03.06 ICS but no unlock mode, or locked, you'll need to pass the command for it:
    adb reboot bootloader
    once the usb download whatever screen appears
    fastboot oem unlock
    quickly hit volume - then volume +
    You have got to be quick, its like a half second window
    once thats done enter
    fastboot reboot
    and the tab will reboot.

Thats basically the manual way of doing it once the a200 bootloader has been pushed in the previous portion of the script.
    my concern is that using the update.zip without the correct bootloader could keep the tablet from booting up. Anybody out there know this for sure?

I successfully downgraded my A101 from leaked A100 ICS back to stock A101 HC using standard decrypted update.zip (Acer_A101_0.000.00_2.004.01_EMEA_GB.zip).
    So if you restore the A100 locked bootloader first you should be fine with downgrading to HC.
    oh nice! I assume, if you could use the a500 patched bootloader as well, yes? That one is actually the same version as the A100 ics bootloader.

Thanks for the script.

How to:
    Code:
    install-eng.bat
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a200.sh

Code:

Code:

---
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a100.sh

Seems like the link its down, I'll be really thankful if u can put ir online again, since I look everywhere for that file and can't find it. Thanks a lot!