Viper4android on KK not working.

Search This thread

vicpantoja

Nov 18, 2012
I just updated to 4.4.2 (stock, deodex) and to my surprise I can't get into the sound fx settings. It crashes. Everything installed correctly from what I could tell. I saw in this forum:
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/viper4android-soundfix-4-4-1-4-4-2-t2564725 there is a fix but it's a nexus 4 forum. Does anyone know if I can use this method for my note 3? I'm on the latest safestrap (3.72) and want to verify I won't brick my phone or if it's even possible to flash the zip file with safestrap. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I just updated to 4.4.2 (stock, deodex) and to my surprise I can't get into the sound fx settings. It crashes. Everything installed correctly from what I could tell. I saw in this forum:
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/viper4android-soundfix-4-4-1-4-4-2-t2564725 there is a fix but it's a nexus 4 forum. Does anyone know if I can use this method for my note 3? I'm on the latest safestrap (3.72) and want to verify I won't brick my phone or if it's even possible to flash the zip file with safestrap. Thanks guys.

I've been using it and have not had any issues. You've changed the build.prop file?

Reactions: vicpantoja

gotghost29

Feb 21, 2014
I actually made a backup already, I will flash that file and see if that works. Thanks for your help.

copythe file to system/app and changing permissions to rw-r-r. Restarting and running the app from the app drawer... that's all I did and it ran perfectly

Reactions: Tidewater

vicpantoja

Nov 18, 2012
Everything installs correctly with the exception when I go into the sounds settings, crashes. I am trying to choose viper4android Fx, I have tried every suggestion. I have not flashed the fix file because I don't want to brick my phone :)

Attachments

• 1400553037190.jpg
    1400553037190.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 122

manatti

Mar 20, 2009
It worked for me by doing the following
Copy all to system, priv app, the changing permissions to rw-r-r, then rebooting immediately

Then as soon as it boots you will see the Android is updating the go to settings, the sound and select Viper and reboot again

Then go into your build prop and change the settings and save go into app and download drivers, then reboot
From there you should be working . Make sure not to change the email settings in music on Samsung music app If you are using that or any other player as that has given me issues I leave everything alone and it works for me when streaming via Bluetooth even with the stock music app I don't use world headphones so not sure if it works there but I've tested on:

Samsung stock music app
Mxplayer
Sirius xm
allshare cast

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

vicpantoja

Nov 18, 2012
Copy all to system, priv app, the changing permissions to rw-r-r, then rebooting immediately

Then as soon as it boots you will see the Android is updating the go to settings, the sound and select Viper and reboot again

Then go into your build prop and change the settings and save go into app and download drivers, then reboot
From there you should be working . Make sure not to change the email settings in music on Samsung music app If you are using that or any other player as that has given me issues I leave everything alone and it works for me when streaming via Bluetooth even with the stock music app I don't use world headphones so not sure if it works there but I've tested on:

Samsung stock music app
Mxplayer
Sirius xm
allshare cast

Good luck

I have fixed my problem, after upgrading to KK I had frozen music fx settings using titanium, unfroze and followed your steps and it's working. Thank you again!

Edit: under processing it's says: no
Does that mean it's not enabled?

Last edited:

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
I have fixed my problem, after upgrading to KK I had frozen music fx settings using titanium, unfroze and followed your steps and it's working. Thank you again!

Edit: under processing it's says: no
Does that mean it's not enabled?

Correct...you made sure busy box is installed and changed build prop ? I have had a similar issue trying to manually install apk . So I deleted it and just downloaded it from the play store and installed it that way.
P.S. also realize it doesn't work with the stock music player. Only 3rd party music players.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

vicpantoja

Nov 18, 2012
Correct...you made sure busy box is installed and changed build prop ? I have had a similar issue trying to manually install apk . So I deleted it and just downloaded it from the play store and installed it that way.
P.S. also realize it doesn't work with the stock music player. Only 3rd party music players.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Perfect, looks like it's working now. Thank you so much.

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
I installed the rooted NC2 Odex this week and Viper is working just fine with the Google Play Music app, just like it did with the MJE ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've been using it and have not had any issues. You've changed the build.prop file?
    Can we flash zip files on safestrap 3.72? I want to flash that "fix" file to see if that solves my problem.

I'm using this one from play store on mine and my girlfriends on nc2.
    No problems at all

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vipercn.viper4android4x
    Can we flash zip files on safestrap 3.72? I want to flash that "fix" file to see if that solves my problem.

I'm not now but I was and it worked fine. You can flash zips in SS, as always make a backup just to be safe.
    I actually made a backup already, I will flash that file and see if that works. Thanks for your help.

copythe file to system/app and changing permissions to rw-r-r. Restarting and running the app from the app drawer... that's all I did and it ran perfectly

Samsung stock music app
    Mxplayer
    Sirius xm
    allshare cast

Good luck