[OFFICIAL] Xposed for Lollipop/Marshmallow/Nougat/Oreo [v90-beta3, 2018/01/29]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
Note: This thread is here mostly for historical purposes. While Xposed is supported in various forms [EdXposed and LSPosed], developent on the Xposed primary app has completed. Xposed framework compatible modules are still in active development and supported by their respective developers.

This is the announcement thread for Xposed for Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo. I'll post all relevant news here, so subscribe to it if you'd like to stay informed.

You can find a list with Q&A about Lollipop support on the XDA Portal. Please read it, you will find many answers there. :) Also see this article with much background information on new stuff for Nougat.

Please install it only if you're willing to take the risk of boot loops. Just because it's working fine and stable for me doesn't mean it will work for everyone the same way. ;)

Downloads:
XposedInstaller_*.apk
from this thread: Must be installed to manage installed modules, the framework won't work without it.

xposed*.zip from https://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/: Must be flashed with a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP) to install the framework.
SDK21 is Android 5.0 (Lollipop), SDK22 is Android 5.1 (also Lollipop) and SDK23 is Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
For Nougat, SDK24 is Android 7.0 and SDK25 is Android 7.1.
For Oreo, SDK26 is Android 8.0 and SDK27 is Android 8.1.
I only support the latest Xposed version per Android release!

xposed-uninstaller*.zip from https://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/: Can be flashed with a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP) to uninstall the framework.

The small .asc files are GPG signatures of the .zip files. You can verify them against this key (fingerprint: 0DC8 2B3E B1C4 6D48 33B4 C434 E82F 0871 7235 F333). That's actually the master key, the files are signed with subkey 852109AA.

Known issues:
- Before Nougat: Bootloops on Samsung stock ROMs. That's due to Samsung's changes to ART. There are unofficial builds that work around this by deodexing and adjusting the ROM.
- Sony seems to have shipped some ROMs with corrupted services.odex (the embedded .dex is invalid). Those ROMs will bootloop with a "Fatal signal 6" or "No pending exception expected: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" error, which I unfortunately cannot fix (see https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/64)
- Dell ships (at least) their Venue 8 7840 with a non-standard version of ART that is somewhere between 5.1 and 6.0 which obviously isn't supported by Xposed (see https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/77)

For discussions, please use the discussion threads (Lollipop / Marshmallow / Nougat / Oreo) or another matching one in this subforum.

Attachments

• XposedInstaller_3.1.5.apk
    3 MB · Views: 4,185,099
Last edited by a moderator:

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
As you have probably noticed, more than 2,000 posts have been made in the original thread about Xposed on Lollipop. I'm really overhelmed by all your feedback! Also many thanks to those people who have donated already, it's great to see how much Xposed means to you.

Although so much discussion and helping each other is great, it's hard for anyone (including me) to follow. Hence, I have decided to create this thread were only I (and possibly the XDA moderators) will give some updates. This will make it easier for me to inform you about the current status, bugs I know about and so on. Feel free to subscribe to it or simply check from time to time. I'm not sure yet about the best way for me to get a consolidated overview of existing issues that have been confirmed by several people and ideally already have a sufficient information (like logcats, clear description of the error, ...) attached, but I hope we can work something out.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
Current status (Feb 19):

The most important issue seems to be the incompatibility with Samsung stock ROMs, especially because it's leading to boot loops. I have been working hard on fixing this in the days since the release, however it's not just a single spot that needs fixing. Thanks to GermainZ for testing and providing good log files! So far, I have detected the following issues:
- Enhanced .oat file format: Samsung has added a "TypeLookupTable", probably for performance reasons. The table itself will be ignored by Xposed, but it also means that the file format is slightly different. I have finally understood what they have done and added some logic to skip the referenes to this table.
- Different size of the String class: They have added a clear() method, which is unusual as strings are usually immutable. As this class is one of few that have special support in native code, I had to add one entry to the virtual table of the class.
- Additional fields in DexCache class: Offsets to some fields are different due to this and need to be handled in native code (as this another central class with native parts directly implemented in ART).
- Verifier rejects ViewDebug class: Doesn't seem to be overly critical to me, yet to be tested whether it's working fine with original libraries.
- Implementation missing for some native methods: Some methods in the reflection classes have been implemented in native code instead of Java. This means I will have to implement them as well.

The changes done by Samsung are bigger than I expected, especially given that ART is very complex and mostly undocumented. Anyway, I still think that once these issues have been overcome, it's better to replace the libaries than trying to manipulate data structures and behavior from "outside" (app_process). Think about it: If they have done such big changes, it's very likely that offsets in these data structures are different from AOSP and would need special handling as well.

It would of course be helpful to have an uninstaller ZIP in case you run into a bootloop. I didn't have time for that yet, but maybe someone can build an initial version that basically reverses the steps of the installer ZIP. For the ART libraries, that should be rather easy. You might want to stay away from moving app_process32 back in case you have SuperSU installed. It will need a special procedure to ensure you don't break either part or even your ROM.

There are other issues for sure, for example it seems that some methods cannot be hooked. That's something that needs more investigation, but I would like to fix the more critical issue like the ones for Samsung first.

That said, I won't be able to work on Xposed for the next days, definitely not before Monday. Keep in mind that this isn't my fulltime job and that an alpha phase might take some time. It would be illusionary to assume that we reach a stable state after a few days, with all the changes that have been done.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
I have just uploaded alpha2. It fixes several issues:

When you flash the new files, the next boot might take a bit longer, as it effectively clears the Dalvik cache (which is necessary because of a change in the ART compiler).

Note that this version is still not compatible with Samsung ROMs (custom ROMs might work if they're not based on stock ROMs). Don't install it, otherwise you'll get into a bootloop and need to restore your backup!
I have already done a lot of investigations and adjustments, as also mentioned in the previous post. However, there are still differences that need to be addressed and it will take more time to resolve them. I can't give any ETA on that.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
Ok, quick status update.

Sure, I have heard that Android 5.1 is out. However, it currently makes more sense for me to stablize Xposed for Android 5.0, as I have two productive devices plus the Genymotion emulator running on it. Hopefully, it can then be ported to Android 5.1, but that's hard to tell without having had a look at it.

It's generally hard to estimate any timelines for Xposed-related stuff, for mainly two reasons:
a) Working on Xposed is mainly analysis of AOSP code, traces, closed-source files, followed by some development and testing (often trial and error). I never now which other obstacles are still undiscovered, so the effort is unclear beforehand.
b) Even if I know the effort (= net time), I can't say when I will have the time to actually work on it. For example, this week I probably won't spend a single hour on development. Sorry, but I'm not going to sacrifice my private life for Xposed and I can't spend several hours per evening for this project (anymore).

One of the next steps will be the creation of some scripts that help me to compile and package Xposed. Apart from simplification for me, I hope that this might help other experienced developers to try and contribute themselves (e.g by analysing the issues they noticed themselves).

So much for now, keep enjoying the stuff that is already working and please refrain from asking me when Xposed for 5.1 will be stable... I simply don't know that myself.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
One of the next steps will be the creation of some scripts that help me to compile and package Xposed. Apart from simplification for me, I hope that this might help other experienced developers to try and contribute themselves (e.g by analysing the issues they noticed themselves).

It took longer than expected, but I also think it's better than what I had planned originally:
https://github.com/rovo89/XposedTools

I hope this makes it easier for others to compile the native parts of Xposed and the modified ART runtime themselves and get involved, just like @romracer did. It also makes it easier for me to build and package the Xposed framework, as it was quite a hassle to make sure that all files are compiled correctly, pushed to my PC etc.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
I have just uploaded a new flashable ZIP for Xposed 3.0 alpha3 (xposed-sdk21-arm-20150426.zip).

You only need to flash the ZIP again, the Xposed Installer app remains the same (and therefore still shows version alpha2). If XposedBridge.jar has version 64 after a reboot, the new version is active.

Changes:
- Fixed issues with replacing drawables
- Fixed NoSuchMethodError in handleInitPackageResources
- Possibly fixed some errors on ROMs that start in permissive SELinux mode and switch to enforcing mode later

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
As the question probably comes up:
- No, this version doesn't support Android 5.1 yet.
- No, this ZIP doesn't support arm64/x86 processors yet.

I will eventually support them as well, but as there are unofficial versions for these, I try to work on a few known issues for Android 5.0 before (when I find time for it).

Regarding Samsung ROMs: No progress. No ETA. No promise that it will be supported, although I don't exclude it either. It's simply unclear what further differences between their and AOSP's ART variant come up.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
I have just upload files for a big update. It includes many general improvements/changes and some smaller fixes.

One of the changes is that I decided to avoid confusion about all the different (yet similar) version numbers for installer, framework zip, app_process and XposedBridge by reducing it to two version numbers:
  • The framework (i.e. all the files in the flashable) zip is versioned with integers (65 for this release). This is at the same time the Xposed API version. Unofficial builds should use suffixes to label their releases.
  • The Xposed Installer app will continue to use the well-known, human-readable version numbers, e.g. 3.0 alpha3 for this release.

The next bigger change is the installation script in the flashable ZIP. I use a modified fork of BusyBox now to keep the scripts clean and work with a well-known environment. This should make it pretty reliable, even in case some weird recoveries forget to include the "unzip" command. Those who are interested in the technical details should check out the GitHub project.

While I was working at it, I finally built flashable uninstallation ZIPs as well. They revert all actions done by the installation script, provided you didn't delete the backups (<filename.orig>). These ZIPs are only tested with Android 5.0.

The other changes are:
- Installer: Display the installed framework version in green, instead of a static hint about flashing the framework via recovery.
- Fix for incomplete logs on some devices, see https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/34
- Fix for updated modules crashing until the next reboot, see https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/22
- Ignore unknown parameters to avoid bootloops on some devices, see https://github.com/rovo89/android_art/issues/7
- Some other internal improvements
- Some cherry-picked ART commits from AOSP
- Devs: Allow hooking native methods, see https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/28
- Devs: Several debugger fixes, see https://github.com/rovo89/android_art/issues/1

I'm also uploading builds for arm64 and x86 devices. I have tested them on my Nexus 9 and on the Genymotion emulator and didn't notice any issues. The unofficial builds don't seem to be modified from my source code either and I didn't get pull requests on GitHub for these platforms, so I assume that they work fine.

By the way, in case you're a dev (or just interested) and want to try out your modules on Genymotion, you can use this collection of scripts to faciliate the Xposed framework installation on Genymotion. Just follow the instructions, then you can simply drop the x86 framework installation ZIP on the emulator window to install the framework. Don't forget to reboot afterwards.

So much for now. Be assured that official Android 5.1 support will come sooner or later, but the changes above required quite some debugging, development and strategic thinking. It's nice to see that some unofficial ports fill the gap for those who don't want to wait.

About M: The AOSP tag for the preview seems to be just a placeholder, just like it was for the L preview. I haven't tried, but I doubt that compiling ART from this tag will fit to the M preview image. Hence, I won't be investing any of the time (that I don't have anyway) to try and get Xposed running on the preview image.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
Those who had issues with installer version 3.0 alpha3 displaying the framework as not installed, please try 3.0 alpha4. ProGuard optimized a bit too much in one very specific case... unfortunately, this never appeared during development, just in the release build.
If modules aren't loaded after a reboot because modules.list wasn't found, try to disable/enable any module. This will write the file again.

One addition to the changes in framework v65: The ZIP files are now signed. This wasn't possible before integrating the custom BusyBox version as some recoveries failed to unzip the signed ZIP.

Last edited:

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
I have just uploaded ZIPs for Xposed framework version 66 and also replaced the uninstaller ZIPs. There are no changes in the framework itself, so if you installed version 65 successfully, there's no need to update. If you got messages containing "Invalid argument" or "Wrong SDK version: 19, expected 21" while flashing the ZIP files, this should fix them. Thanks to @romracer for the fix!

EDIT: Had to reupload. If you downloaded the ZIPs within the first 15 minutes after this post was published, please download them again.

Last edited:

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
New files for framework version 67 are now available. They fix an issue with recoveries that have SELinux disabled (even though they might claim that "Full SELinux support is present" in the log, like TWRP does). This seems to have happened mainly on LG devices and caused boot loops, but could affect others as well. Details about the fix are in this commit: https://github.com/rovo89/XposedTools/commit/c55ac907e16947d66012950d119d8db1aea69124

The uninstaller has also been updated, although it's unlikely that it would have caused real issues.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
framework version 68 fixes two reported crashes:
  • "Fatal signal 11" reported for dex2oat or "Compiler driver" in the Xposed log. I have seen a few posts about such issues, but the one I tested the fix with was about Quickoffice. If you notice further issues like this, please report them on GitHub with the full logcat (as only that contains the command line that crashes).
  • "com.android.phone has stopped" on LG G3. Don't confuse this with support for encrypted apps (LGWeather, LGCover), this can't be fixed unless someone comes up with a decrypter, ideally one that can be executed on the device.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
Don't confuse this with support for encrypted apps (LGWeather, LGCover), this can't be fixed unless someone comes up with a decrypter, ideally one that can be executed on the device.

I had another look at their encryption, or rather the library they use for it. Fortunately, all the decryption logic is in that library (liblgalmond.so), not in ART itself. So I did a lot of digging into their libraries and finally figured out how to call the relevant functions to detect and decrypt their encrypted apps on the fly. That's the requirement to recompile and run these apps.

So here it is, framework version 69 with support for LG's encrypted apps (LGCover, LGWeather, maybe more). Please make sure to clean your Dalvik cache after flashing the ZIP if you have an LG device and had issues with these apps.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
It turned out that some LG devices (at least G2 mini and G Pad 8.3) are using encrypted precompiled (odex) apps. These need to be handled differently than apps which contain just the encrypted dex file. With framework version 70, Xposed supports both encrypted dex and odex files. Again, clearing the Dalvik cache might be necessary. If you don't have an LG device or don't get FCs, you can skip this update.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
In framework version 71, I have fixed a boot loop on various devices/ROMs related to the "SettingsProvider". If you were getting boot loops with earlier versions, you might want to give this a try.

Apart from that, it should now work properly with Sygic (after reinstalling the app or wiping the Dalvik cache). Note that some modules might not work properly with this app, as they "hack" Android's resource processing (e.g. for images/texts) on a low level. As this conflicts with Xposed (which does a similar thing), I had to disable parts of the API for this app.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
I finally created an official version for Android 5.1 (aka SDK22). You can download it as v72 from the first post.

This version is not directly based on @romracer's port, however there aren't many differences. He had merged AOSP 5.1 into the Xposed codebase, I did it the other way around and used this opportunity to reorder and combine the commits. So it's a little bit cleaned up now, which will hopefully make it easier to port these changes to future Android versions. I have also cherry-picked two of his changes that weren't in the offical version yet: A fix for a special case in resource handling on 64-bit and compression of the backup Xposed creates during its installation. Many thanks to @romracer for providing the unofficial version - this gave me the chance to fix and improve many things (which were in turn merged by him and others).

That said, there are also a few new changes:
- In error messages, the Android version is now display as well, e.g. "Wrong Android version: 5.1 / SDK22 ... This file is for: 5.0 / SDK21"
- The files for Android 5.1 can now handle gzip-compressed odex files (*.odex.gz). Those files only exist on certain ROMs (e.g. CM) that merged a few commits proposed by Intel. These commits weren't accepted into AOSP because the way they're handling the compressed files has some flaws. With Xposed installed, these files will be unpacked on-the-fly and recompiled.

The gzip support might also be interesting for ROMs where the /system partition is almost full. It should be possible to gzip some of the .odex files before installing Xposed in order to free up some space. This should work on any odexed 5.1 ROM, even if the Intel commits aren't included. However, this would be very experimental. Volunteers are welcome, but don't forget to create a backup.

Finally, I have updated the uninstaller zips. They include a timestamp now, as new installer zips might require new uninstaller versions. You should always be able to uninstall older versions with the latest uninstaller though. v72 requires at least the uninstaller from today (20150831).

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
With framework version 73, a bug on 64-bit ROMs is fixed which prevented modules from reading their preferences. I believe that the root cause is a bug in AOSP, but whatever - it should be fixed now. Thanks to @romracer and @cryptyk for the fix.
I have additionally merged a few changes from CyanogenMod. Most of them control when the Dalvik cache is cleared automatically after a bootloop (new feature in 5.1 AOSP, now improved) and one is supposed to increase the compile performance on some ROMs. Don't expect too much though.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
In framework version 74, I have fixed some more incompatibilities which could lead to bootloops or crashes. I assume that most of these crash logs contained the string "Incompatible set properties", which is actually a consequence of previous method verification errors. It's hard to say which ROMs and devices were affected - but flashing the new version shouldn't hurt even if everything looks fine with older versions. If you do notice any issues and are sure that it's not caused by yourself, you have higher chances of getting them fixed if you open a detailed GitHub issue (usually I will need at least a full logcat).

I won't be able to work on Xposed for the next 2-3 weeks - no time for development, support or questions at all. If the rumors I have read are right, I should be ready just in time to start porting Xposed to M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: This thread is here mostly for historical purposes. While Xposed is supported in various forms [EdXposed and LSPosed], developent on the Xposed primary app has completed. Xposed framework compatible modules are still in active development and supported by their respective developers.

This is the announcement thread for Xposed for Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo. I'll post all relevant news here, so subscribe to it if you'd like to stay informed.

You can find a list with Q&A about Lollipop support on the XDA Portal. Please read it, you will find many answers there. :) Also see this article with much background information on new stuff for Nougat.

Please install it only if you're willing to take the risk of boot loops. Just because it's working fine and stable for me doesn't mean it will work for everyone the same way. ;)

Downloads:
    XposedInstaller_*.apk
    from this thread: Must be installed to manage installed modules, the framework won't work without it.

xposed*.zip from https://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/: Must be flashed with a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP) to install the framework.
    SDK21 is Android 5.0 (Lollipop), SDK22 is Android 5.1 (also Lollipop) and SDK23 is Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
    For Nougat, SDK24 is Android 7.0 and SDK25 is Android 7.1.
    For Oreo, SDK26 is Android 8.0 and SDK27 is Android 8.1.
    I only support the latest Xposed version per Android release!

xposed-uninstaller*.zip from https://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/: Can be flashed with a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP) to uninstall the framework.

The small .asc files are GPG signatures of the .zip files. You can verify them against this key (fingerprint: 0DC8 2B3E B1C4 6D48 33B4 C434 E82F 0871 7235 F333). That's actually the master key, the files are signed with subkey 852109AA.

Known issues:
    - Before Nougat: Bootloops on Samsung stock ROMs. That's due to Samsung's changes to ART. There are unofficial builds that work around this by deodexing and adjusting the ROM.
    - Sony seems to have shipped some ROMs with corrupted services.odex (the embedded .dex is invalid). Those ROMs will bootloop with a "Fatal signal 6" or "No pending exception expected: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" error, which I unfortunately cannot fix (see https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/64)
    - Dell ships (at least) their Venue 8 7840 with a non-standard version of ART that is somewhere between 5.1 and 6.0 which obviously isn't supported by Xposed (see https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/77)

For discussions, please use the discussion threads (Lollipop / Marshmallow / Nougat / Oreo) or another matching one in this subforum.
    It seems that more and more people get nervous about whether (and when) there will be Xposed for Nougat or not, so I felt I should say something.

Why does it take that long? Because with every release, I try to ensure that Xposed integrates nicely with the improvements in the new ART version. The step from Lollipop to Marshmallow wasn't huge. It was an evolution, some things even made it possible to integrate Xposed in a more elegant way. On the whole, it was mainly careful porting than rather innovating.

With Nougat, something fundamental has changed. If you're using Nougat already, you'll have noticed that installations are much faster now. That's because APKs aren't compiled immediately (AOT), but start in (slower) interpreting mode. Sounds bad, but they have enabled JIT, which will quickly compile those methods that are used very often. That will restore the well-known and constantly improving performance of native code. Besides that, ART keeps a list of these frequently used methods ("profiling"). When the device is idle, it finally does the AOT compilation, but based on the profiling data. After that, you get the great performance right after starting the app. JIT is still waiting in case the usage patterns change, and I think it will also adjust the profile and improve the AOT compilation.

That results in various different compilation states and more complexity. Besides that, there were many issues in the past caused by Xposed's need to recompile the whole ROM and all apps: It sometimes caused boot loops when the odex files were too heavily pre-optimized, it blocked quite some storage space to store the recompiled files, and I needed to disable some optimizations like inlining and direct pointer calls. I hope that I can make use of the JIT compiler to avoid that in Nougat. If Xposed knew from where a method is called, it could invalidate the callers' compiled code, so that they would temporarily use the interpreter. If they're important enough, JIT will recompile them.

I have already done a lot of research and experiments for this and I'm currently trying to implement this. But as you can imagine, all of that is much effort and can easily take hundreds of hours. That's net (working) time, not real time. If I worked on Xposed 24 hours a day, that might be done within a week or two. But, in the last year or so, my "time for Xposed stuff" was about 5 hours a week, sometimes more and sometimes less. You can do the math yourselves... There are just so many other (non-technical) things that I need or want to do. If you substract the time it took me to build the new installer version, move the repo to a new server and restore compatibility with the Nov 2016 security patches, that's even less time for new stuff.

So yes, I'm still working on Nougat support, whenever my free time allows it, but I don't have any idea when it will be done. Once it's done, you'll know. :)
    Current status (Feb 19):

The most important issue seems to be the incompatibility with Samsung stock ROMs, especially because it's leading to boot loops. I have been working hard on fixing this in the days since the release, however it's not just a single spot that needs fixing. Thanks to GermainZ for testing and providing good log files! So far, I have detected the following issues:
    - Enhanced .oat file format: Samsung has added a "TypeLookupTable", probably for performance reasons. The table itself will be ignored by Xposed, but it also means that the file format is slightly different. I have finally understood what they have done and added some logic to skip the referenes to this table.
    - Different size of the String class: They have added a clear() method, which is unusual as strings are usually immutable. As this class is one of few that have special support in native code, I had to add one entry to the virtual table of the class.
    - Additional fields in DexCache class: Offsets to some fields are different due to this and need to be handled in native code (as this another central class with native parts directly implemented in ART).
    - Verifier rejects ViewDebug class: Doesn't seem to be overly critical to me, yet to be tested whether it's working fine with original libraries.
    - Implementation missing for some native methods: Some methods in the reflection classes have been implemented in native code instead of Java. This means I will have to implement them as well.

The changes done by Samsung are bigger than I expected, especially given that ART is very complex and mostly undocumented. Anyway, I still think that once these issues have been overcome, it's better to replace the libaries than trying to manipulate data structures and behavior from "outside" (app_process). Think about it: If they have done such big changes, it's very likely that offsets in these data structures are different from AOSP and would need special handling as well.

It would of course be helpful to have an uninstaller ZIP in case you run into a bootloop. I didn't have time for that yet, but maybe someone can build an initial version that basically reverses the steps of the installer ZIP. For the ART libraries, that should be rather easy. You might want to stay away from moving app_process32 back in case you have SuperSU installed. It will need a special procedure to ensure you don't break either part or even your ROM.

There are other issues for sure, for example it seems that some methods cannot be hooked. That's something that needs more investigation, but I would like to fix the more critical issue like the ones for Samsung first.

That said, I won't be able to work on Xposed for the next days, definitely not before Monday. Keep in mind that this isn't my fulltime job and that an alpha phase might take some time. It would be illusionary to assume that we reach a stable state after a few days, with all the changes that have been done.
    As you have probably noticed, more than 2,000 posts have been made in the original thread about Xposed on Lollipop. I'm really overhelmed by all your feedback! Also many thanks to those people who have donated already, it's great to see how much Xposed means to you.

Although so much discussion and helping each other is great, it's hard for anyone (including me) to follow. Hence, I have decided to create this thread were only I (and possibly the XDA moderators) will give some updates. This will make it easier for me to inform you about the current status, bugs I know about and so on. Feel free to subscribe to it or simply check from time to time. I'm not sure yet about the best way for me to get a consolidated overview of existing issues that have been confirmed by several people and ideally already have a sufficient information (like logcats, clear description of the error, ...) attached, but I hope we can work something out.
    Finally! I know you've been waiting for official Xposed for Nougat for a long time, and here it is. You'll find the download links in the usual place (see first post). Make sure to also use Xposed Installer 3.1.2 (update is also in first post).

If you'd like to know what exactly you've been waiting for, check out this XDA article. Besides much background information on Xposed and its history, it includes a detailed statement by myself about what you'll get on top of the unofficial versions. You can find that statement right above the "Conclusion" headline, click the box to show it.

Note that I've also released new binaries for Marshmallow and Lollipop, although the changes are very minor. Mostly, they ensure that all releases are in sync.

I'd like to thank @wanam for testing and helping to fix the remaining bugs. He also tested it on the Samsung GS7. Also thanks to XDA for their continued support and for providing the infrastructure. And finally, thanks to you for being patient with me, coming up and implementing the new concept really took a long time (that I didn't always have).

Now go ahead and try it out. :) For any feedback and discussions, please use the new discussion thread.