[PORT] [TOOL] Carliv Touch Recovery for MediaTek devices

Search This thread

erlucky

Oct 20, 2010
Doesn't matter... eMMC or MTD partitions are supported. The only thing you need to do is to adapt recovery.fstab to each specific case. ;)

Ok good..... you are the best....:D

I can port for all my devices.

I send you PM.........

I have port the first recovery 6.0.1.5 for acer liquid gallant duo and later other port for acer z110.

I waiting link download for your recovery 6.0.2.8.

Bye

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Okay, here's CWM recovery v6.0.2.8 (ramdisk only) for anyone that wants to port it to MT65xx based devices. Please note that this ramdisk contains my Huawei U8836D specific files and properties, but it should at least be portable for the majority of MT6577 phones out there. Important note is that init.usb.rc (only needed for MT6577 devices) is device specific and while porting the original must be taken from stock boot.img.

Other than that, nandroid backup is fully working for devices with eMMC partitions, unlike other recoveries that get stuck while backing up boot partition.

Happy porting (and don't forget to hit "Thanks" button)! :D

Last edited:

tedascuen

Feb 15, 2010
Yesterday I have built CWM recovery 6.0.2.8 from sources (my latest compiled version was 6.0.1.2, the latest available for ICS branch), so if anyone wants I can share the ramdisk. As there are also some touch sources on github I am also trying to build a good CWM-Touch recovery.

Yes, I'm interesting in your ramdisk. I will try to port for my Umi X1 and my Amoi n821...
Thanks.

Last edited:

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
Re: [TUTS] [TOOLS] CWMR/ TWRP/ COT Recovery for MT657x

First, you need to identify your device whether it is using mtd or emmc partition since yours is a MT6575... At adb shell -> cat /proc/mtd & cat /proc/dumchar_info or just refer to settings -> About phone either is Gingerbread 2.3.6 or ICS 4.0

i suspect yours is mtd then refer to here & download BakUpTool_MT657 5 _2.3_v2c_4GB_sdcard.rar

Or you can use this tut to uploading your recovery via SP Flash Tool... :D

Yuweng bro!

We got the kernel source of a110 - as another company releasing the same phone posted in on github!

I cloned them on to my linux and compiled the kernel.....varunchitre said he used a modified repack script of bruno martins.....he is currently off for 5 days due to exams.....so I can't get it from him currently..........anyways i'm going to try the same repacker......do you have any recommendations?

Last edited:

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Yesterday I have built CWM recovery 6.0.2.8 from sources (my latest compiled version was 6.0.1.2, the latest available for ICS branch), so if anyone wants I can share the ramdisk. As there are also some touch sources on github I am also trying to build a good CWM-Touch recovery.
Wow, that is indeed a great news, Master Shifu...
thumbup.gif

So far there are non DEVs compiles CWMR for our MT6577 SoC so i too have downloaded CM10.1 source code to learn to build it... :eek: it took 8 hours on my 5mb broadband to download it & after zipping it, it is close to 10GB in size... :eek: Just started to setup the build environment and those cli is really driving me crazy...
rclxub.gif
Just to let the rest of you guys FEEL of setting up those build environment here... :eek:
So guys please thanks Master Shifu BM, now we don't have to compile it & we have cwmr 6.0.2.8 on our MT6577...
rclxms.gif

Eagerly awaits for your CWMR touch too, Master Shifu... :D

I cloned them on to my linux and compiled the kernel.....varunchitre said he used a modified repack script of bruno martins.....he is currently off for 5 days due to exams.....so I can't get it from him currently..........anyways i'm going to try the same repacker......do you have any recommendations?
Yeoh Bro, Wow, you too started to build then i could learn a trick or two from you... :eek:
i've tested JB boot/ recovery unpack/ repack, both Master Shifu BM & Master Shifu Michfood utils works great...
thumbup.gif
in fact, one fellow xda member who pm me, provide links to latest MT6589 update.zip & the good news is that both utils is able to unpack/ repack it successfully too...
thumbup.gif

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
Yeoh Bro, Wow, you too started to build then i could learn a trick or two from you... :eek:
i've tested JB boot/ recovery unpack/ repack, both Master Shifu BM & Master Shifu Michfood utils works great...
thumbup.gif
in fact, one fellow xda member who pm me, provide links to latest MT6589 update.zip & the good news is that both utils is able to unpack/ repack it successfully too...
thumbup.gif

I'm not an expert or so bro! Just started......that too only kernel....! It doesn't require downloading 10GB source !! Its just some hundreds of MB !

erlucky

Oct 20, 2010
Hi all

I have ported new recovery cwm 6.0.2.8 for Acer Liquid Gallant Duo (emmc) and Acer Z110 (mtd) MTK6575 devices

Acer Liquid Gallant Duo Images ----> Here

Flashable Zip from old Recovery ----> Here

Acer Liquid Z110 Images ----> Here

Flashable Zip from old Recovery ----> Here

Big Thank to Bcgngm (Bruno Martins) :D for this recovery.

Bye

Last edited:

erlucky

Oct 20, 2010
Bruno Martins, that is me!

Hi Bruno

Sorry :laugh: :eek:

Nice to meet you........:D

Big Thanks for your job, my port of your recovery for my devices is very good not bugs i think.

O.T.
But you can help me for setup device and vendor directory on cm10 (Acer Gallant Duo and Z110)?.

Last edited:

2x1

Oct 4, 2012
Error running Linux script

[...]
Since u r using Ubuntu & so eager to get recovery to backup both boot/ recovery.img, you can be my beta tester for my new script to port cwmr to *Any* :fingers-crossed: MT6575/ 77 here...
Extract it to a folder, at terminal, go to that folder & just ./start...
Do let me know how it works out on ur MT6575... :fingers-crossed:

Hi yuweng :)
You addressed these lines to another forum member, but please allow me to join the Ubuntu beta testers "army" ;).

As you know, I also wanted to port one of these nicer recoveries for my Haier W718 (MT6575) since the one that comes with this phone is very basic.
First I tried the Windows XP+Android Kitchen+cygwin way, but I got an error with the output and I thought I might as well try the Ubuntu option since I have it installed.
Unfortunately, I also came across an error:

Repacking recovery image...
Ramdisk size: 5314 blocks
Can't exec "mkbootimg": No such file or directory at repack-MT65xx.pl line 82.

But that executable file is indeed in the directory where the script is running, so I don't understand. I extracted it in the same folder where I have the Android Kitchen although I am not even sure this is relevant. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
i am trying to root a china clone with a mtk, mediatek 6577 processor with jellybean 4.1.1. Model number N7100. The problem we are running into is where you need to pull the firmware.info file. I get an error in ADB and the file on the sd is only 31 bytes in size. That file wont load in MTK rom studio so I dont know where the recovery is located. I found the recovery location for another mt6577 device. Would it be possible to use that address to pull the recovery? From there I think I will be ok but right now I am stuck trying to pull the recovery. I figured I would ask first before trying it as I dont want to mess it up!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

madkhaz

Feb 9, 2012

Hello guys. Can i know how to get CWM recovery for mt6577, for haipai n7102 with android 4.1.1

Also, does we have custom kernel yet for mt6577 device? For better battery saving and tweaks.

Sorry for asking much.

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my GT-N7102 using xda app-developers app

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Am I missing something?Cheers,
Haha, i don't even remember i did have an Ubuntu script for porting cwmr...
tongue.gif

Just replicate your problem & it turns out on 12.04 or later, Ubuntu comes with perl v5.14.2 so you need to head up to Master Shifu bgcngm's github here, download the zip file, extract the two *.pl to that same folder & it'll work... ;) Don't forget to leave your thanks to Master Shifu here too... :laugh:

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
The reason i started this thread is for xda members to DIY rather than relying on unknown recovery.img from the web as many has experience brick even its from the same model ! :eek: So get those adb install properly, put a check mark at USB debugging & refer to this here to backup your Factory ROM out of it first, once you ported custom recovery... ;) Fyi, the same command cat /proc/dumchar_info >sdcard/firmware.info works on my updated JB 4.1.1 device... :cool:

Sorry for asking much.
Bro, this thread here is for you to hands on & ask question... :eek: No, there has never been any custom kernel for MT65xx however many DEVs here are working on it however its device specific, meaning if its not for your device then you cannot use it...Refer to here for more info... :cool:

madkhaz

Feb 9, 2012

So, how can i install cwm to my phone?

I'm interested in building custom rom, but i'm a newbie.

Really appreciate any help in guiding me towards my learning in building rom and kernel :)

Sent from my GT-N7102 using xda app-developers app

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere

tongue.gif

Just replicate your problem & it turns out on 12.04 or later, Ubuntu comes with perl v5.14.2 so you need to head up to Master Shifu bgcngm's github here, download the zip file, extract the two *.pl to that same folder & it'll work... ;) Don't forget to leave your thanks to Master Shifu here too... :laugh:

The reason i started this thread is for xda members to DIY rather than relying on unknown recovery.img from the web as many has experience brick even its from the same model ! :eek: So get those adb install properly, put a check mark at USB debugging & refer to this here to backup your Factory ROM out of it first, once you ported custom recovery... ;) Fyi, the same command cat /proc/dumchar_info >sdcard/firmware.info works on my updated JB 4.1.1 device... :cool:

Bro, this thread here is for you to hands on & ask question... :eek: No, there has never been any custom kernel for MT65xx however many DEVs here are working on it however its device specific, meaning if its not for your device then you cannot use it...Refer to here for more info... :cool:

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
First thank you to the tutorials, they have been quite helpful. Next I prefer DIY, I don't want you to do it for me. When I said all help would be appreciated I meant in terms of advice and such. I can't learn anything if you do it for me, I was just asking a question. :) Also I never planned on using an unknown recovery on my device, I know full well that can lead to a permanent brick if it is not for your device. I was mearly asking if the location of the recovery in my phone is in the same location as the mt6577 device you used as an example in your "root the latest "unrootable" mt6575/77 via CWMR V2" tutorial so I can pull MY recovery from my phone.

Adb is set up, it works fine with any other phone I connect. USB debugging is also on, I can "adb devices" and the S/N of this mt6577 device does show up so communication between adb and device is OK correct?

As for making a back up, I can't do that until I get the command for pulling the firmware.info to work so I can pull my stock recovery and port twrp or cwm to my device. The first thing I always do is make a back up!

But from your post above you may have already gotten me moving again, I think I may have had one too many spaces in the command. Just to be sure, this is the correct command exactly?

cat /proc/dumchar_info >sdcard/firmware.info

I think I put a space after the ">", I will try that and let you know if it works. I was able to make a 31 byte firmware.info file with the command I used, I figured it was the correct command since it did output firmware.info to the sd.

Either way, thank you so very much for taking time to reply to me. It has been very greatly appreciated and thanks again for the tutorials, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without them!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
Yuweng you are the man!!!!!

I got it thanks to your command. I cant believe it was something that simple I was missing! Now I have the stock recovery pulled off of the phone and I packed and unpacked with V2-CWM^-6012-MT6575_77 and it all went fine with no errors but now I get an error message when trying to down load it to the phone. It completes stage one with the red bar reaching 100% Then I get this message:

Common Hint for SP Flash Tool Issues:

Please Supply your tool version, GUI screen shot and tool logs when you encounter trouble with the latest tool.
How to obtain the tool log?
1) Run the tool
2) Press Ctrl + Alt + (Tool tittle hint: run trace mode)

Brom Error : S_FT_NEED_DOWNLOAD_ALL_FAIL (4050)

Need download images!!

[Hint]
DA partial images download allowed under following prerequisite: 1. All images have been downloaded to the target before and the target could boot up. 2.The images layout map on the target is the same as the load that is to be downloaded.

Does your extremely awesome mind have any ideas here? What simple thing am I missing now? I am about to try making a TWRP port of the recovery to see if that works.

Thanks again for your help Yuweng!

2x1

Oct 4, 2012
sript under Ubuntu... now another error

tongue.gif

Thanks yuweng :)
Right, I have looked at Master Shifu bgcngm's github but there is not any zip file, only several files. So I assumed you meant downloading:
repack-MT65xx.pl
unpack-MT65xx.pl​
And then using them to replace those named the same way in Android-Kitchen-0.221>tools>MT65XX, right?

I did this first and got the same error, so I also replaced those two files with the same name in Port-cwmr-MT6575-77 folder and ran again the script. This time the error was:

Bareword found where operator expected at repack-MT65xx.pl line 9, near "<title>mtk"
(Missing operator before mtk?)
syntax error at repack-MT65xx.pl line 5, near "html>"
Unrecognized character \xC2; marked by <-- HERE after at master <-- HERE near column 53 at repack-MT65xx.pl line 9.

I must be making a mistake at some point with the crossreferences, so would you be so kind to repeat step-by-step the process for Ubuntu because I am quite confused right now.
Thanks and sorry for taking so much of your time :angel:

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks again for your help Yuweng!
YW... :laugh:

Yeah, sometimes it doesn't work so you need this app here to generate a new scatter.txt then only it'll work with SPFT... Don't forget to thanks the Master Shifu... :cool:

Connect your device to pc & start MTKdroidTools -> Blocks Map -> Create scatter file -> save it to the same folder that has your ported recovery.img

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Old Tool
    Added on Mar 05, 2014
    Updated CTR v2.2 for MTK devices with ubifs ONLY
    And Thanks to dhinesh77 for countless beta-testing & most importantly, Master Shifu carliv for looking into those ubifs source code to make it work on MTK devices....
    salute_zps09342dc6.gif

Download link here...

Solution to cannot see whole sdcard is here by Master Shifu himself, it is actually a new feature/ function... :laugh:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Added on Jan 27, 2014
    Updated CTR v2.2 Recovery for MT6575,15, 77, 17, 89, 82, 88, 92
    MT6572 (ext4 only, ubifs not supported)

Pls support by donation or at least drop your thanks here to encourage Master Shifu for further development...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Download link here

Added on June 02, 2014
    New Porting Tool CTRv-1.4 for ext4 devices ONLY. . .

Known problems : Touch not working on some MTK devices . . . :cowboy:

Any bugs report here . . . :cool:
    Added on June 10, 2014
    New AIO Porting Tool Easy Magic CTR v2.4 Installer for MTK for ALL MTK Cortex-A9/ A7 devices ONLY with either mtd, emmc, ubifs or custpack partition . . . :cowboy:

Any bugs report here . . . :cool:

Updates
    Thanks to surfturtle for reporting . . . :eek:

Workaround : Use Manual mode & select 720x1024 that is the screen res for 720x1280 . . .

This is an AIO porting tool so go ahead & try the differrent res at Manual mode, the unpack/ repack feature, play around with it & you'll learn what is needed for porting custom recoveries . . . :cool:
    Added on June 17, 2014
    Users using XP & 720x1280 MTK devices use this fix . . . :eek:
    Added on July 01, 2014
    CTRv2.5 refer to here . . . :cowboy:
    Notice to annoying n00bs & newbies

Most of your questions are already answered on this thread so pls read it...
    alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

1) Either your MTK is still ro.secure=1 then use this method here then EXIT/ CLOSE it first then re-start the porting tool...

2) i've already put in alot of error checking to make sure this porting tool works, either the Auto or Manual port, it will leave behind Ported-CTR folder then manually install it via SPFT when it fail to auto install.... Most probably why it fail to install is b'cos you use SuperSu did you bother to look at your MTK device & grant access to Root Shell... There has been cases where the stock recovery is already corrupted then this tool will also port a corrupted CTR too. Re-install your stock 3e recovery.img & make sure you can boot into it then only use the porting tool again or just use the manual port... The differences is Auto will upload whatever recovery already at your device be it older CWM or TWRP & it will repack it with CTR ramdisk. While Manual will use whatever at your stock 3e -> factory_init.project.rc, meta_init.modem.rc, ueventd.rc & etc... Refer to this by Master Shifu carliv... :good: This tool has no log b'cos it is actually a simple copy & paste program, thats what it actually do.... :laugh:

3) Pls bear in mind that this porting tool has been downloaded by many & confirmed working BUT i can't guarantee that it will work flawlessly on your MTK device so continue trying & report back the solution if you found one... :cowboy:

4) This has been mentioned many times on this thread, if you really can't get it to work then don't just say your porting tool doesn't work...
    alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

Instead list out everything then it'll be easier to trouble-shoot
    a) What OS you are using on the PC & your MTK...
    b) Did you disable UAC & Anti-Virus on your PC
    c) Did you execute the porting tool at C:\ drive if you're using XP else then at your Desktop READ what the porting tool says & it will ask you to wait then wait for it to continue without pressing the OK button...

As said many times, this porting tool uses Russian Master Shifu Michfood Repack Utils Huge Credits to him, it is actually DOS program with cygwin dll working at the back so all DOS limitation still applies such as it will ONLY operate properly when it is executed at the Desktop on latest OS... Tested working on XP to 8.1

As much info as possible then it'll be easy to identify where it goes wrong & did you bother to read 5 to 10 pages from the back then you would have know what is the latest story... :rolleyes:

Last but not least, i didn't compile CTR so any features not working / bugs found pls report it here BUT again, read the whole thread first as most already answered at that thread...

Q&A

1) Touch not working, refer to here...
    2) MTK Alcatel devices refer to here & here... Supported on CTRv2.4
    3) All MTK devices supported except this...
    4) Inverted screen solutions -> Compile your own
    5) CTRv2.5
    Guys, i can't keep up with all the different porting tools i've made, pls DIY if you want CTRv2.5. . .

The porting tool has everything & already given you all the info you need . . .

Step 1
    • If yours is emmc/ mtd refer to here & download your device res
    • If yours is custpack refer to here & download your device res
    • If yours is ubifs refer to here & download your device res

Step 2
    1. Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img, copy downloaded CTRv2.5 Eg: port_CarlivTouch-recovery-2_5-480x854.img & rename it to recovery.img & press OK
    2. Goto CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk & copy whole res folder out
    3. Goto CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\sbin & copy the binary file named recovery out

Step 3
    1. Use the Unpack/ Repack recovery.img -> Unpack recovery.img again to unpack the earlier working CTRv2.4 recovery.img for your device
    2. Delete res folder & replace it with res from CTRv2.5
    3. Replace recovery from CTRv2.5 to sbin
    4. Manual edit CTRv2.4\UnpackRepack\recovery\rmdisk\etc\recovery.fstab with Notepad++ & add the below accordingly
      Code:
      /boot        emmc    /dev/bootimg
      /recovery    emmc    /dev/recovery
      /uboot       emmc    /dev/uboot
      /nvram       [COLOR="red"]emmc[/COLOR]    /dev/nvram[COLOR="Red"] <- Add this new line[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR="Blue"]OR[/COLOR][/B]

/nvram       [COLOR="Red"]mtd[/COLOR]      nvram
    5. Use the Repack recovery.img & let it auto-install the new CTRv2.5 to your device, thats it !

Yo, Bala bro, been quite busy with work, until now only manage to finish this tut... :eek:

Yeah, i was thinking about that too, to mod dsixda's android kitchen just for MT6573 platform that includes Bruno Martins's unpack/ repack boot.img, unpack/ repack recovery & port it to CWMR like this tut, replace a2sd with data2ext or ad2sdx; only this two mod stable on MT6573 platform so far that i have tested...

actually did try but give up half way as my scripting skill is still at novice level... :eek:

did read it on some other forum that someone is actually doing that too but i never see it got release though...:p

Well i guess we need dsixda expertise to be able to do that but he is retired now...
    ids_emoticon_wilted.gif

Added on Sept 04, 2012 Info Update
    Dark Tremor's a2sd/ Apps2sd works well on MT6573 platform after all... :eek:

i was using the last version 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 all this while & i always use a2sd datasd all the time & it FC all apps after a few weeks of using/ sometimes a few days even after a fresh install...

After all, DT_a2sd/ apps2sd is actually apps to sd & i always push it as data2sd... :eek:

Only until recently that i play with Android Kitchen, use it to extract my system.img & update it with its built-in Darktremor Apps2SD version 2.7.5.2, it works extremely well because 2.7.5.2 doesn't support a2sd datasd feature...

So guys, if you are using DT_a2sd beta 4, don't use the command a2sd data2sd instead use a2sd cachesd...

You can checkout my other post here
    Okay, here's CWM recovery v6.0.2.8 (ramdisk only) for anyone that wants to port it to MT65xx based devices. Please note that this ramdisk contains my Huawei U8836D specific files and properties, but it should at least be portable for the majority of MT6577 phones out there. Important note is that init.usb.rc (only needed for MT6577 devices) is device specific and while porting the original must be taken from stock boot.img.

Other than that, nandroid backup is fully working for devices with eMMC partitions, unlike other recoveries that get stuck while backing up boot partition.

Happy porting (and don't forget to hit "Thanks" button)! :D
    hello y2yu,

Glad you find it informative... :D

According to this site, there will be another 2 new cpu after MT6575/ MT6577... (use google chrome for translation)

This means MT6573 is 5 generation behind MT6588 & it is still unexploit with all info/ tools scattered all over the web...

Thats where i decided to compile all these info & put it here... :good:

Now that i check, i've bought my first mediatek back in 2008...( never knew it until i check it just now ) :silly: It has serve me well for almost 2 years in spite of dropping, a few times from 8 feet height when i was on a ladder & it still works ! It was the last drop that spoilt the mic & render it unuseful. It can still make & receive call to date but the other side can't hear what i say... :eek:

At that time, made in china phone was famous for its extra loud speaker/ ringtone but doesn't support android back then...

haha, enough of history, have you manage to port CWMR to your MT6573 ? In fact, i have manage to create a plugin for dsixda's Android Kitchen which can port CWMR to any MT6573 with a few copy & paste features just like Android Kitchen... :good:

Still testing it, may be you would like to be the first beta tester... :confused: