[Q] Headset with control keys?

Search This thread

ailon

Nov 25, 2010
Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the 3.5mm wired headsets with at least an answer button would work with Optimus 7? Winter is coming and it would suck to have to take out the phone and take off gloves just to answer a call.

I've just tried the one from Samsung Galaxy S and the phone didn't respond to the answer button on it. :(

Thanks,
Alan.

Update: I feel really stupid but I didn't notice neatly designed answer button. It's there. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2010
Red Deer
Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the 3.5mm wired headsets with at least an answer button would work with Optimus 7? Winter is coming and it would suck to have to take out the phone and take off gloves just to answer a call.

I've just tried the one from Samsung Galaxy S and the phone didn't respond to the answer button on it. :(

Thanks,
Alan.

Hmmm... My Optimus 7 came with a wired headset that works really well (with an answer button that doubles as a play/pause button). But I am in Canada, so it might just be a Canadian thing. Where are you at?

ailon

Nov 25, 2010
Haha. Silly me. Didn't notice that it's a button on the other side of the mic. Thanks and sorry for this thread! :)

Sledgeman

Aug 8, 2010
And tripple-click is almost back. :) It starts the song that is playing right now from start. Havn't found a way to make step one track back.

jessiethe3rd

Sony MW600 with W3 Westone's

I picked up a Sony MW600 Bluetooth headset dongle. It's about the size of a double A battery and has an LED screen which tells you the number calling, allows you to connect 3 bluetooth device simultaneously, has volume control, and has a play, pause, next, and back button for use with media... it sounds better with my Westone W3's plugged into it then plugged into the phone! It seems to only be available in eBay - I can't find it in stores in NA at all... do a search on it... fantastic product - worth every dime I paid (like $50 bucks)

tgtbtu

Dec 9, 2010
I picked up a Sony MW600 Bluetooth headset dongle. It's about the size of a double A battery and has an LED screen which tells you the number calling, allows you to connect 3 bluetooth device simultaneously, has volume control, and has a play, pause, next, and back button for use with media... it sounds better with my Westone W3's plugged into it then plugged into the phone! It seems to only be available in eBay - I can't find it in stores in NA at all... do a search on it... fantastic product - worth every dime I paid (like $50 bucks)

I can only agree with you, multipoint works just great (I´m Jusing 4 devices...) oh and btw the soundquality is great (could be better, indeed but at this size..)
But I'm wondering why the MW600 don't show the actual music title (It does on Win7 MacOsX and Android)

tia

Zaslav

Jun 8, 2009
Toronto

I won one and still haven't used it. =s

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

manolom1979

Dec 2, 2010
I have the MW600 also. Hopefully the next update of the WP7 OS will enable the display of the names in agenda in calls also the track names when playing music.

ispotthenot

Apr 28, 2011
Is it fully compatible with Optimus 7?
My original headset broke down and i'm looking for something new.
Actually I have a problem in defining what is compatible with the optimus 7 (or WP7) and what is not.
I had a pair of Apple in ear (3 buttons + mic) and the mic doesn't work, while the central button does. Any other solution i thought about has 3 buttons and i'm not sure it will work. I don't like risk, too, and I don't want to pay 80€ for something i'm not sure it work.
So this Sony MW600 appeared to me as a nice solution and relatively cheap. I'm just willing to know if it works properly.

Thankyou in advance.

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
I just found a new Mango feature with the original (and possibly other) headset:

I don't really know if this is a new Mango feature but as far as I can recall it did not work before.

You can use the button on the mic to control music playback. This is how it worked before Mango:

1 tap: play/pause
2 taps: next track
3 taps: restart track

After the mango update, three taps go back to the previous track if you do it right after the track started playing.

If you already are in the middle of a track, three taps will restart the track.

Really a useful feature in my opinion.

sonus

Jan 25, 2007
Can anyone post the model number of the original/oem headset?

I bought my phone used, and would like to purchase one.

sonus

Jan 25, 2007
Lg oem headset is: sgey0007610

Thanks!

FYI, I recently bought another OEM LG headset on eBay which allows me to use the same advanced multiple tap music control functionality and also lets me use my own headphones with the mic/remote.
eBay and Google

R1IvKF-yZM-KNJw_o9IGqAueufkmPV4V_ifPoQtvc0TMW2f6_RO-VAqEE-yNW78X8ALU4SH_TrUxkHKPn806tzHNuWiy93lRNoFJ4aUAiRawagtImNQBN66hQGgardqypvZUjYls_jALtjd5RCQQVZ0bcozZFUqa_Xc4rqPnzGQZiVrJPVfCaRISEW88HGWuhQboi32IpqBP

Last edited:

iliaspap82

May 22, 2011
Thanks!

FYI, I recently bought another OEM LG headset on eBay which allows me to use the same advanced multiple tap music control functionality and also lets me use my own headphones with the mic/remote.
eBay and Google

R1IvKF-yZM-KNJw_o9IGqAueufkmPV4V_ifPoQtvc0TMW2f6_RO-VAqEE-yNW78X8ALU4SH_TrUxkHKPn806tzHNuWiy93lRNoFJ4aUAiRawagtImNQBN66hQGgardqypvZUjYls_jALtjd5RCQQVZ0bcozZFUqa_Xc4rqPnzGQZiVrJPVfCaRISEW88HGWuhQboi32IpqBP

You are welcome. I will probably buy one like yours soon. These in ear headphones just don't want to stay in my ear!!!