Soft bricked N7000. How to?

Search This thread

mrfan

Feb 27, 2012
China
Tried everything I could with Odin and phone still stuck in a start loop.

I was downgrading from checkROM to official firmware ZSLA2 with CWM (I wanted to keep ROOT, so I selected "Keep CF-Root kernel") due to stability issues, after restarting the phone got into the start loop.

I flashed with Odin official ZSLA2 with the same result (looped start). I flashed XXKKA (again looped start). During the flashing process, Odin says the flashing was successful. By the way, both ROMS are tar.md5 files.

I tried to remove the battery for over 30 minutes and charge it for 2 hours, tried re-partition in Odin (it's my understanding that with a stock rom, it creates a clean installation), but Odin fails to start the process.

What else can I do?

I am sorry if this has previously asked, but I've been searching for over 2 hours and nothing similar came. Somebody mentioned to use a PIT file in addition, but the other person who got his phone soft bricked didn't solve the problem either. As downloading a ROM is time consuming and I've got many problems with upload sites in china (cannot access to most of them), I would thank any help in regards this issue.

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Sounds like your kernel isn't talking properly to your ROM.

A fresh start is your best bet. Flash a stock rom and kernel from Odin and reroot it with CF-Root.

What files are you putting into Odin? There should be a total of 4.

I'd also avoid the use of a .pit file. I haven't even seen the mention of one in all my time on the Note forum. I really don't think Samsung uses them the way they used to. (I used to have to flash one all the time when testing roms on the original galaxy tab.)

Reactions: mrfan

mrfan

Feb 27, 2012
China
I am using official ROM N7000ZSLA2_N7000ZSLA2_N7000XLA4_HOME.tar.md5 into PDA and also tried ROM N7000XXKKA_N7000XEUKK3_N7000XXKK5_HOME.tar.md5, which I used successfully in the past to make root into my phone.

Does it really make a difference to flash 4 separate files instead of a full pack? Where can I find an official ROM with pda radio and kernel separated? Just untar the ROM?

mrfan

Feb 27, 2012
China
I'd also avoid the use of a .pit file. I haven't even seen the mention of one in all my time on the Note forum. I really don't think Samsung uses them the way they used to. (I used to have to flash one all the time when testing roms on the original galaxy tab.)

Oh, they do come into the Note; I flashed the Beta ICS, and one of the things they mention is to use the PIT file for the 16GB version, instead of the 32GB that comes with the leaked ROM. Unfortunately I deleted that ROM, and donwloading it is painfully slow and also wouldn't necessarily solve my problem as I couldn't even make a phone call.

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
True - the .pit file can change the size of the partition data... But that's not your problem. If the .pit file was the problem - you'd boot, but have 0 storage space (or something else wonky pertaining to your disk size.)

Open the tar up and make sure it has all the files in it. Should be 5.

I've attached a screenshot of the 5 file names. Make sure they are all in the .tar you are flashing.

ranjan.alva

Dec 20, 2011
Mangalore
Even i had similar problem after flashing Stock ROM using Odin (PC). Only thing i did is just rebooted in recovery and Wipe/factory Reset and Wipe cache. everything went fine.

mrfan

Feb 27, 2012
China
True - the .pit file can change the size of the partition data... But that's not your problem. If the .pit file was the problem - you'd boot, but have 0 storage space (or something else wonky pertaining to your disk size.)

I've attached a screenshot of the 5 file names. Make sure they are all in the .tar you are flashing.

This are the files I am flashing:
Sorry, I am new user and still cannot post screen captures. I do have more than the 5 files.
In XXKKA I have:

Boot
Cache
Factoryfs
Hidden
Modem
param.lfs
Sbl
zImage

In ZSLA2:

Cache
Factoryfs
Hidden
Modem
zImage

Even i had similar problem after flashing Stock ROM using Odin (PC). Only thing i did is just rebooted in recovery and Wipe/factory Reset and Wipe cache. everything went fine.

I can only enter into Download mode, not recovery mode.

Odin is full wipe, right? What the hell am I doing wrong?

choihan06

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, On
N7000xxla1_n7000oxala1_oxa

http://hotfile.com/dl/141060546/b0c7420/N7000XXLA1_N7000OXALA1_OXA.rar.html

download this firmware, it's gonna take awhile but worth a try..

try flashing this rom using PC odin.

pit: Q1_20110914_16GB.pit
pda: CODE_N7000XXLA1_CL868264_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
phone: MODEM_N7000XXLA1_REV_05_CL1093393.tar.md5
csc: GT-N7000-MULTI-CSC-OXALA1.tar.md5

check re-partition, auto reboot, F. reset time.

let me know if it works!

Han

mrfan

Feb 27, 2012
China

let me know if it works!

Han

Well, I finally managed to get my phone back. I was getting a lot of corrupted ROMS. I couldn't download your ROM as well; I managed to install the Beta ICS 4.0.3 which comes with a PIT for repartition, as I think the problem was that my booting partition was screwed.

Problem now is: that rom screws the phone and the keyboard, but at least I have my phone back.

Thank you

choihan06

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, On
Well, I finally managed to get my phone back. I was getting a lot of corrupted ROMS. I couldn't download your ROM as well; I managed to install the Beta ICS 4.0.3 which comes with a PIT for repartition, as I think the problem was that my booting partition was screwed.

Problem now is: that rom screws the phone and the keyboard, but at least I have my phone back.

Thank you

I have just recently dowloaded and installed the rom without problem. What do you mean by corrupted rom?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

dobsy01

Mar 7, 2011
I too bricked my phone but after reading this guide (ABD wouldn't recognise my device so I couldn't follow it) I understood the partitions had become messed up.

I read somewhere about the PIT files.

I ODINed the ABYSS Kernal and PIT (Q1_20110914_16GB-patched) for my 16gb n7000 ticked the repartition box. It booted into CWM recovery and I used the restore and bingo.

Mqsodawala

Mar 9, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Fix The problem

I had the same problem, the device got into start loop. JUST DO A FULL WIPE..! and the device should start normally. I worked for me.... :D:good:
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium[/QUOTE]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like your kernel isn't talking properly to your ROM.

A fresh start is your best bet. Flash a stock rom and kernel from Odin and reroot it with CF-Root.

What files are you putting into Odin? There should be a total of 4.

N7000xxla1_n7000oxala1_oxa

http://hotfile.com/dl/141060546/b0c7420/N7000XXLA1_N7000OXALA1_OXA.rar.html

let me know if it works!

Han