[Q] !!!Please help with bootloader unlock!!!!

Search This thread

ionut_gd

May 13, 2011
Jibou
I tried a lot of method to unlock my bootloader on HTC Wildfire S, proble is that i have software 2.26.401.3 and baseband 47.23e.35.3038H_7.57.39.10M.....if tried directly on the pc with ruu.exe i gave the error 140....when i put the ruu on SDCard it say the the version is older....i make a goldcard, and he said again the the version is older.....if i tried to flash he said ''FAILED <remote: signature verify fail>''

I want to specify that the phone is unlocked, i tried 4 carriers and all work's good!
On HBOOT it say ***LOCKED*** and is S-ON

Please help! give me some advice!

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

Last edited:

ionut_gd

May 13, 2011
Jibou
Thanx

But, was a moment ideea to flash, i know that it is not good to flash it first, problem is that i tried and i read a lot of post's from XDA with unlocking procesdure for Wildfire S but why is the reason that not work for me!

If someone can help i apreciate!

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Csoul is correct. Your bootloader is already updated to an unlockable one and you need to start at htcdev.com with the step that retrieves your identifier token and sends it up to their website. You cannot update your bootloader further.

Reactions: ionut_gd

ionut_gd

May 13, 2011
Jibou
Another problem!

I want to thank you for your advice, i make it UNBLOCKED with htcdev...but now, after i installed recovery.5.0.2.8 it stuck on black screen, HBOOT it's ok, boot ok, but it won't enter in recovery to instal root.zip!!!

What can i do now?

please help me!

abinesh_rocks

May 7, 2012
Chennai
it means cwm has not been flashed properly .so only you get black screen when you enter recovery .

Step 1: Flashing the Custom Recovery UI by XDA.cn

Again, make sure your device is S-OFF.
Again, make sure your memory card is formatted FAT32.
Place the PG76IMG.zip file into your phone SD card.
Disable Fast Boot from your phone settings (Settings > Power > Disable Fastboot)
Turn your phone off.
Hold down the "power" button and the "volume down" button for a few seconds till you see the HBOOT screen.
Don't press anything. The system will scan for some files and it will prompt you for an update. Move the cursor to OK (volume up) to start the flashing process.
After it finishes, press the "power" button to restart the system.
Let Android boot and delete the PG76IMG.zip file from your SD card via USB.
Congrats! Custom recovery has been installed. Process to step 2.

Step 2: Flashing the rooting script by XDA.cn

Copy the root.zip file into your phone SD card.
Turn your phone off.
Boot into recovery: Hold down the "power" button and the "volume down" button for a few seconds till you see the HBOOT screen. Let it do its thing and then select "RECOVERY".
At the recovery menu, use the volume buttons to select "install zip from sd card".
Then select "choose zip from sd card".
Then find the "root.zip" file on the list.
Select "YES".
Let the script do its thing till you see "Install from sd card completed".
Select "Go Back" on the menu till you find the "power off" option and select it.
Turn your phone back on and let Android boot

you can use the custom recovery PG76IMG.img or else clockworkmod recovery from

http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

cwm recovery have more options ,so i prefer you to use that .

you can find those FILES in the source which i have specified.

source : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1195275

ionut_gd

May 13, 2011
Jibou
Thanx, problem is that i can't make it S-OFF

ok, i understand and i saw this thread in many site's, but problem is that my phone it isn't S-OFF, is UNBLOCKED with help from HTCDEV but i don't know exacly how to make S-OFF!

Android 2.3.5
Sofware 2.26.401.3

PS: i tried to do this but at the stept when i put PG76IMG.img it said in HBOOT the version is older!

please help if you know some tips!!!

Last edited:

kagevazquez

Aug 7, 2011
Jamaica Queens
you need an xtc clip to get s-off you can probably go to a phone shop and ask them to do that for you. but htc unlocked is good enough if you're only going to flash roms or root

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
ok, i understand and i saw this thread in many site's, but problem is that my phone it isn't S-OFF, is UNBLOCKED with help from HTCDEV but i don't know exacly how to make S-OFF!

Android 2.3.5
Sofware 2.26.401.3

PS: i tried to do this but at the stept when i put PG76IMG.img it said in HBOOT the version is older!

If you have ADB installed, do this.

Download the Recovery image from here: http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvel.img

Put it in a folder where you have installed adb. Example: c:\android

Then reboot phone into bootloader and enter fastboot mode after it scans.

Connect the phone by USB cable. The FASTBOOT should change into FASTBOOT USB. If it doesn't, download and install HTC Sync.

Go to cmd and type the following:

cd c:\android
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvel.img

It should flash successfully.
Then enter recovery and flash root.zip

Done! Enjoy.

ionut_gd

May 13, 2011
Jibou
thanx guys but stiill have same problem

the tool from above post was very good but still have same problem,

Stuck when enter in recovery! SCREEN IS BLACK and navigate key are lightening

So this is the big problem!!

I gave this thing at all tools that i tried!!!

Please help with this bug!!!

crossfire77

Feb 24, 2012
Ahmedabad
I tried a lot of method to unlock my bootloader on HTC Wildfire S, proble is that i have software 2.26.401.3 and baseband 47.23e.35.3038H_7.57.39.10M.....if tried directly on the pc with ruu.exe i gave the error 140....when i put the ruu on SDCard it say the the version is older....i make a goldcard, and he said again the the version is older.....if i tried to flash he said ''FAILED <remote: signature verify fail>''

I want to specify that the phone is unlocked, i tried 4 carriers and all work's good!
On HBOOT it say ***LOCKED*** and is S-ON

Please help! give me some advice!

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

hey tried this tutorial.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1540952

its works for me.

good luck.

ionut_gd

May 13, 2011
Jibou
Thanx

hey tried this tutorial.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1540952

its works for me.

good luck.

Hey, thnax for your response, finaly i unlocked on htcdev.com site.

Now i have another problem wich is a little bit complicated!!

When i enter in recovery mode to install root.zip screen remain blach and navigate buttons lightening and nothing happens!!!

I tried a lot of method of rooting but all stuck in this point! RECOVERY BLACK SCREEN

Please gin me some advice!!!

crossfire77

Feb 24, 2012
Ahmedabad

When i enter in recovery mode to install root.zip screen remain blach and navigate buttons lightening and nothing happens!!!

I tried a lot of method of rooting but all stuck in this point! RECOVERY BLACK SCREEN

hey first of all could you please you explain your problem again briefly.because if you want to set your bootloader to factory state followed my mentioned tutorial.it will unroot your phone and relocked your bootloader as ages.nothing will you can see on hboot menu..like locked,relocked.okay

now what you want to know?about root your phone or unrooting problems?
and your wildfire s is marvel or marvelc and its branded?

and dont worry much.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

so you unlocked your bootloader through htcdev.then use htcsupertool to root your phone then install cwm recovery from market and then install it.now when you select recovery from hboot menu it ll take you to cwm recoverymode then install custom roms which you want.

ionut_gd

May 13, 2011
Jibou
Thanx

hey first of all could you please you explain your problem again briefly.because if you want to set your bootloader to factory state followed my mentioned tutorial.it will unroot your phone and relocked your bootloader as ages.nothing will you can see on hboot menu..like locked,relocked.okay

now what you want to know?about root your phone or unrooting problems?
and your wildfire s is marvel or marvelc and its branded?

and dont worry much.

So, about phone, is MARVEL, it is not braded

All i want to do is to root phone:
-to uninstal some andoid aplication
-to overclock a little
-to increase internal memory

crossfire77

Feb 24, 2012
Ahmedabad
So, about phone, is MARVEL, it is not braded

All i want to do is to root phone:
-to uninstal some andoid aplication
-to overclock a little
-to increase internal memory

okay thanx.follow the steps:

your unlocked bootloader through htc dev so use htcsupertool to root it.wants brief information here is the thread see it.

http://www.htcwildfiresblog.com/2012/03/guide-to-rooting-htc-wildfire-s-235-s.html

now you re rooted.then open android market find clockwork mod recovery.install it.after when you open it it ll ask for root access ,allow it.
and in clockwork mod app you will see first clockwork recovery mod click on that screen displays your model "wildfire s" then install it.now you have successfully installed cwm recovery.

its dont..find custom roms which you want and place in your sd card.(just in sdcard dont put it in any folder)

now when you want to install custom roms go to recovery mode (via hboot>recovery or cwm app second option recovery mode)

then install files from sd card and select your rom.zip

its easy.hope its works.but dont forget to backup your stock rom ok..

good luck

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

and about increasing internal memory:
two options:link2sd,app2sd

first of all you have to download minipartition tool

http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

and format your sd card to fat32,ext4 and linux swap.

then if you want to increasing your internal memory in your stock rom just install link2sd from android market.thats it

and
want app2sd install custom rom which supports app2sd and you have to a zip file which you can get at your rom(if it supports app2sd) named app2sdinstaller.zip kind of.and install it via cwm recovery after installing rom.

overclocking kernel:

i dont have knowledge about that but its mainly depends on your custom rom.if rom has oc kernel you can overclock it by setcpu,no frills etc apps.(dont overclock more than 768Mhz,it ll dangerous can melt your phone)

ionut_gd

May 13, 2011
Jibou
Not work

okay thanx.follow the steps:

now you re rooted.then open android market find clockwork mod recovery.install it.after when you open it it ll ask for root access ,allow it.
and in clockwork mod app you will see first clockwork recovery mod click on that screen displays your model "wildfire s" then install it.now you have successfully installed cwm recovery.

Don't work with supertools! when i instaled clockwork mod app from market, i opened it chosing first option clockwork recovery, end it show me that i don't have superuser and su instaled and acces denied

crossfire77

Feb 24, 2012
Ahmedabad
Don't work with supertools! when i instaled clockwork mod app from market, i opened it chosing first option clockwork recovery, end it show me that i don't have superuser and su instaled and acces denied

okay.you done same as mentioned here:

Now that you have unlocked your bootloader,launch SuperTool.exe.
Make sure your phone is loaded as normal and that USB Debugging is enabled.
Press 1 to prep using Zergrush method.
Once it has done that, press 3 to root.
Once it has rooted, type reboot and then press enter.
It will reset your phone and you should now have root.
(If it did not work, try pressing 2 instead of 1 on the above instruction.)
Now on your phone,superuser app ll installed on your phone directly but if thats dont work.go to market and download superuser app.and tried hope it ll work.

if it isnt work tried again.once i have same problem as you re facing but when i again use supertool it ll work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dont flash the RUU,directly go to the unlocking procedure
    New updates have unlockable HBOOTS
    Csoul is correct. Your bootloader is already updated to an unlockable one and you need to start at htcdev.com with the step that retrieves your identifier token and sends it up to their website. You cannot update your bootloader further.
    it means cwm has not been flashed properly .so only you get black screen when you enter recovery .

Step 1: Flashing the Custom Recovery UI by XDA.cn

Again, make sure your device is S-OFF.
    Again, make sure your memory card is formatted FAT32.
    Place the PG76IMG.zip file into your phone SD card.
    Disable Fast Boot from your phone settings (Settings > Power > Disable Fastboot)
    Turn your phone off.
    Hold down the "power" button and the "volume down" button for a few seconds till you see the HBOOT screen.
    Don't press anything. The system will scan for some files and it will prompt you for an update. Move the cursor to OK (volume up) to start the flashing process.
    After it finishes, press the "power" button to restart the system.
    Let Android boot and delete the PG76IMG.zip file from your SD card via USB.
    Congrats! Custom recovery has been installed. Process to step 2.

Step 2: Flashing the rooting script by XDA.cn

Copy the root.zip file into your phone SD card.
    Turn your phone off.
    Boot into recovery: Hold down the "power" button and the "volume down" button for a few seconds till you see the HBOOT screen. Let it do its thing and then select "RECOVERY".
    At the recovery menu, use the volume buttons to select "install zip from sd card".
    Then select "choose zip from sd card".
    Then find the "root.zip" file on the list.
    Select "YES".
    Let the script do its thing till you see "Install from sd card completed".
    Select "Go Back" on the menu till you find the "power off" option and select it.
    Turn your phone back on and let Android boot

you can use the custom recovery PG76IMG.img or else clockworkmod recovery from

http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

cwm recovery have more options ,so i prefer you to use that .

you can find those FILES in the source which i have specified.

source : http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1195275
    you need an xtc clip to get s-off you can probably go to a phone shop and ask them to do that for you. but htc unlocked is good enough if you're only going to flash roms or root

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Android 2.3.5
    Sofware 2.26.401.3

If you have ADB installed, do this.

Download the Recovery image from here: http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvel.img

Put it in a folder where you have installed adb. Example: c:\android

Then reboot phone into bootloader and enter fastboot mode after it scans.

Connect the phone by USB cable. The FASTBOOT should change into FASTBOOT USB. If it doesn't, download and install HTC Sync.

Go to cmd and type the following:

cd c:\android
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvel.img

It should flash successfully.
    Then enter recovery and flash root.zip

Done! Enjoy.