How to Flash Stock Rom

Search This thread

CescMusta

Aug 4, 2011
Hello!
You can upgrade your optimus 2x to version v10c if you haven't upgraded your phone to that yet :)
Best regards

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

Some Random Hobo

Aug 7, 2011
Woudenberg
Ive actually tried this before phone got dead. :p
now ill get a new one :)
But anyway. i was so stupid to install CM7 Nightly98 from internal sd
And cm7 did not read internal sd.
But everytime i tried flashing it crashed :(

Amivieu

Feb 6, 2009
Casablanca
flash to v10c

FIRSTLY THANKS FOR THIS TUTO.

I have juste received my LG P990 ,with v10b french .

please can i use this method to flash my p990 v10b to v10c ?

or i must make other thing before ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

jchoong

Jun 10, 2008
Singapore
This method using SmartFlash works very nicely. I brought my O2X back to stock ROM today without a hitch - following your tutorial. Many thanks.

Radon0X

Jun 11, 2012
Hi,

I am in Singapore and I rooted my LG Optimus 2X. However i forgot to back up my stock rom. Now i want to unroot it and put back my stock rom. Could you help me upload a latest version or at least a Froyo(2.2) rom. I need Starhub Singapore's rom. THanks! Please post as soon as possible. I think the freakshare link is dead for StarHub Singapore's rom.

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Hi,

I am in Singapore and I rooted my LG Optimus 2X. However i forgot to back up my stock rom. Now i want to unroot it and put back my stock rom. Could you help me upload a latest version or at least a Froyo(2.2) rom. I need Starhub Singapore's rom. THanks! Please post as soon as possible. I think the freakshare link is dead for StarHub Singapore's rom.

Here are a bunch of ROM's from Singapore: http://www.todomovillg.es/elforodehomero/index.php?topic=317.0

Cheers!

Reactions: Radon0X

aldyu

Jun 21, 2012
If an error is encountered, you may need to click the initialization button and browse again the files. Iv'e experienced it. :)

Cykyter

Apr 23, 2011
I was wondering how can I find out which of the stock roms is the one that my phone came with (since there are many different ones in europe)? I live in Finland so I think it might be "Europe open" but I'm not sure. I guess there is way to find out with IMEI, right?

wals46

Jan 4, 2012
I was wondering how can I find out which of the stock roms is the one that my phone came with (since there are many different ones in europe)? I live in Finland so I think it might be "Europe open" but I'm not sure. I guess there is way to find out with IMEI, right?

Verify the phone info, if it displays an old release, connect it to usb pc and launch lg mobile update. Then it will be updated online. After update do a factory reset and start as new.

Cykyter

Apr 23, 2011
Verify the phone info, if it displays an old release, connect it to usb pc and launch lg mobile update. Then it will be updated online. After update do a factory reset and start as new.

How do I verify that? I'm not running stock rom (I'm on owains domination atm) and actually I don't want to flash back to stock atm.

However I do want to know which would be the correct one in case I need to send my phone to warranty during warranty period. :)

wals46

Jan 4, 2012
How do I verify that? I'm not running stock rom (I'm on owains domination atm) and actually I don't want to flash back to stock atm.

However I do want to know which would be the correct one in case I need to send my phone to warranty during warranty period. :)

Now your question is more clear. There must be a special thread about it. Search for it in the forum.

Reactions: Cykyter

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011

There's a link which would give you the newest version available for your IMEI.
Unfortunately I'm on my phone only and can't search for the link, you need to do that yourself

I don't think there's a site which would tell you which version your phone came with (as there's not really a need for that).

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA

Reactions: Cykyter

asutherland

Nov 5, 2010
THANK YOU!

Thanks very much for this. I tried 3 other methods to reflash to stock rom unsuccessfully before trying this one. :good::good::good:

I bought a LG Optimus 2x (canada) that was locked to Fido but the previous owner already had Cyanogenmod 7.1 on it, and I wasn't able to get it to unlock the provider with the unlock code provided to me by gsm liberty. I reflashed to stock rom using the method posted above, entered the unlock code, unlocked it from Fido and then re-applied Cyanogenmod:good::laugh:

aldyu

Jun 21, 2012
hi i am new in this forum, after checking video i thought i got the solution.

i downloaded all the require software for example smartflash and its drivers.

once i connect the usb and hold down -volume key nothing happens. in video the phone goes into software update.

Please guide me what trick i am missing basically.

By the my phone always get reboot automatically and i am using V10b just upgrade it from LG, before on V10a it was working fine.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hear from you guys.

What is ur current ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: Internal SD content will be erased

To begin with go here and download the ROM of your country/region

Secondly download smartflash and drivers from here and install them

Now run SmartFlashTool_P990.exe
    Turn the phone off,remove the battery and connect the phone to pc via usb while holding down the vol.down button.
    Now you should be able to see the software upgrade screen, and COM port of smartflash will change automatically.
    Now in smart flash select "ROM Copy D/L"
    Make sure that "Normal Mode" is checked and "Erase Cal" is NOT checked
    In AP Bin click browser and select the (BIN) file
    In CP Bin click browser and select the (FLS) file
    Click start, sit back and wait :)

I'll try to remember next time that I return to stock rom record it and upload it :)

Here is the video I said i would record
    Hi,

Here are a bunch of ROM's from Singapore: http://www.todomovillg.es/elforodehomero/index.php?topic=317.0

Cheers!

Now your question is more clear. There must be a special thread about it. Search for it in the forum.

There's a link which would give you the newest version available for your IMEI.
    Unfortunately I'm on my phone only and can't search for the link, you need to do that yourself

I don't think there's a site which would tell you which version your phone came with (as there's not really a need for that).

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA