[TOOL]Logcat Tool

Search This thread

FuzzyMeep Two

Feb 21, 2012
Southern NH
FIXED HUGE ISSUE CAUSING EMPTY FILES
DOWNLOAD

PM or post here if you run into any issues. They WILL be addressed.

I have made a tool to simplify Logcat creation for people. The creation of this tool was inspired, and guided, by the thread started HERE by paxChristos.

UPDATE 4.1
Corrected an issue causing empty files.

apparently, if the process id contained a space ( 1234) the file would parse correctly, but if the numbers came up to the parenthesis (12345) it would output an empty file named ACTIVITY(12345) with no extension.

This was a huge issue, and i apologize for not seeing it sooner. It has been corrected, and the logcat tool works better than ever. I just ran through a 20,000 line logcat without any empty files appearing.

a couple more things to help with stability.
Underscores (_) will be replaced by dashes (-)
Brackets ([]) and arrows (<>) will be replaced with paranthesis(())

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HUGE UPDATE

Added the ability to "SUPER PARSE" Files, which separates files into folders by log level and creates a TXT file for each activity

EX.
.[OUTPUT FOLDER]-->
.....[DEBUG LEVEL FOLDER] --->
............... BACKUPMANAGER.TXT
............... SURFACFLNGER.TXT
................ETC...

Super parse DOES NOT Work with LONG format Logs.
SUPER PARSE is in its infancy I do expect errors, please let me know if you run into anything.

EDIT V3.6 DONE
Added ability to filter logcats by activity name. (logcat -s "FILTER")
Fixed Log Level Setting

EDIT V3.5 DONE

NOW PROPERLY PARSES "LONG" FORMAT LOGCATS.
Thank you to Senior Member jes0411 for pointing out the issues that lead me to create V3.4 and 3.5. If any of you have an issue please let me know. It could be hours before i get to it or weeks, but i will get to fixing it.

EDIT V3.4 DONE

Changed the way the date variable was handled to hopefully fix issues experienced by users of non-English versions of windows.

EDIT V3.3 DONE

modified the output to include the log level before the logcat as seen below;

ERROR LEVEL
Code:
"E/MotionRecognitionService(  902):   mReceiver.onReceive : ACTION_USER_PRESENT  :: UNLOCK SCREEN" 
"E/Watchdog(  902): @Sync 96" 
"E/Watchdog(  902): @Sync 97" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): Activity com.google.android.music.ui.TrackContainerActivity has leaked IntentReceiver android.widget.ViewFlipper$1@4552e080 that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): android.app.IntentReceiverLeaked: Activity com.google.android.music.ui.TrackContainerActivity has leaked IntentReceiver android.widget.ViewFlipper$1@4552e080 that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher.<init>(LoadedApk.java:814)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.LoadedApk.getReceiverDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:610)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiverInternal(ContextImpl.java:1774)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:1754)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.content.ContextWrapper.registerReceiver(ContextWrapper.java:486)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.widget.ViewFlipper.onAttachedToWindow(ViewFlipper.java:93)" 
"E/MP-Decision( 2125): DOWN cpu:1 core_idx:1 Ns:1.100000 Ts:190 rq:0.000000 seq:196.000000"
LOGCAT GENERATED BY FUZZYMEEP TWO'S LOGCAT TOOL

AS OPPOSED TO

Code:
"E/MotionRecognitionService(  902):   mReceiver.onReceive : ACTION_USER_PRESENT  :: UNLOCK SCREEN" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): Activity com.google.android.music.ui.TrackContainerActivity has leaked IntentReceiver android.widget.ViewFlipper$1@4552e080 that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): android.app.IntentReceiverLeaked: Activity com.google.android.music.ui.TrackContainerActivity has leaked IntentReceiver android.widget.ViewFlipper$1@4552e080 that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher.<init>(LoadedApk.java:814)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.LoadedApk.getReceiverDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:610)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiverInternal(ContextImpl.java:1774)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:1754)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.content.ContextWrapper.registerReceiver(ContextWrapper.java:486)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.widget.ViewFlipper.onAttachedToWindow(ViewFlipper.java:93)" 
"E/MP-Decision( 2125): DOWN cpu:1 core_idx:1 Ns:1.100000 Ts:190 rq:0.000000 seq:196.000000"

EDIT V 3.2 Finished
Google code won't allow any new uploads, so i will attach the new update here in a ZIP file.

Fixed ADB Location settings, some users were having trouble if they input the ADB folder with any quotation marks in the path name, it will now automatically remove quotation marks to ensure correct syntax.
Fixed issue with ADB Location setting not exiting to previous menu.
Fixed issue with Log Level setting not exiting to previous menu.
Capitalized some stuff
Added a feature that will automatically create the selected folder if no output folder exists and the user attempts to run a log.
Added a check when selecting an output folder that will ask if you want the folder created if it does not exist

NOW PARSES FILES
logcat.png

OUTPUTTING SEPREATE FILES:
(DEBUG).TXT
(ERROR).TXT
(INFO).TXT
(VERBOSE).TXT
(WARNING).TXT
ETC..
2013-04-23%2014_49_14-LOGCAT(PARSED)(04-23-2013)(1444).png

AS WELL AS A FULL LOGCAT

EXAMPLE OUTPUT "INFO" LEVEL FILE

Code:
"I/LocationManagerService( *495): request passive (pid 9909) 0 0"*
"I/LocationManagerService( *495): request passive (pid 3221) 60000 0"*

****OLD STUFF*****

EDIT V3.1 DONE
FIXED OPTIONS 7 & 8, URLS WERE MISSING A "?"
CHANGELOG EDITS
SAVES AND PARSES FILES IN TO DIFFERENT OUPUT FILES BASED ON LOG LEVEL (E , I , D , W , ETC)

EDIT V3 DONE
https://code.google.com/p/logcat-tool/downloads/list

added a logcat icon to exe
various bug fixes
addeed "HIDE" brackets (Thank you Szczepanik)

EDIT:
Many bug and typo fixes.

Now Saves Settings.

Easy XDA option adds
Code:
 brackets for easy posting to XDA.

There are now key words you can enter to execute actions instead of just numbers ex. "LOG" to start logging or HELP for help

Automatically adds "/" to end of directories entered if forgotten.
[/HIDE]

Keywords:
Logcat Parsing
How to parse logcat
Windows Logcat
Logcat Tool
Windows Parse Logcat

Attachments

• LOGCATTOOL(4.1).zip
    553.1 KB · Views: 9,143
Last edited:

marcopolo

Apr 13, 2009
Delhi, India
I have made a tool to simplify Logcat creation for people. The creation of this tool was inspired, and guided, by the thread started HERE by paxChristos.

LOGCAT TOOL by FuzzyMeep TWO

I made this in about a half hour, so if you fnd any issues let me know. I believe i worked out all functionality issues, and do plan on expanding functionality in the future. This is written in Batch, and compiled with QuickBFC.

https://code.google.com/p/logcat-tool/

Edit: source here.
Batch Source

Let me test it for you ;)

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

Reactions: TheStrix and AxAtAx

FuzzyMeep Two

Feb 21, 2012
Southern NH
EDIT V3.1 DONE
CHANGELOG EDITS
SAVES AND PARSES FILES IN TO DIFFERENT OUPUT FILES BASED ON LOG LEVEL (E , I , D , W , ETC)

Have at it, click the link above, it should download. the only thing i think it is missing is search filters, but that will be added asap, or, if you're feeling generous (anyone) feel free to take the batch source and add to it.

Download page

Last edited:

FuzzyMeep Two

Feb 21, 2012
Southern NH
EDIT V3.1 DONE
CHANGELOG EDITS

you still working on this?

I haven't added anything in a while, but like i said, do intend to add filtering, i already started the framework in the file (variables, menus and such) it was juts giving me all kinds of sh*t so i backed off and fixed some other more pressing bugs. But i think i will hop back on it soon, and add filtering.. And, if you (anyone) have any suggestions, let me know.

Last edited:

FuzzyMeep Two

Feb 21, 2012
Southern NH
New and improved!!!

EDIT V3.1 DONE
CHANGELOG EDITS

EDIT: BUG FIX UPDATE HERE

The last version removed a "*" on me so it had a great potential for closing itself, so i have repaired the problems.
Many bug and typo fixes.

Now Saves Settings.

Easy XDA option adds
Code:

There are now key words you can enter to execute actions instead of just numbers ex. "LOG" to start logging or HELP for help

Last edited:
Reactions: imranrajah

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
[HIDE]

As Logcats are usually quite long, may I suggest that, as well as the
Code:
 brackets 
[QUOTE="FuzzyMeep Two, post: 30573127, member: 4507027"]Easy XDA option adds [CODE] brackets for easy posting to XDA.[/QUOTE]
you also add [B][HIDE][/B] brackets (see my sig). 
Cheers
Tom

Reactions: FuzzyMeep Two

Giap

Jan 24, 2011
Paris

EDIT:
Many bug and typo fixes.

Now Saves Settings.

Easy XDA option adds
Code:

EDIT: BUG FIX UPDATE [URL="http://code.google.com/p/logcat-tool/downloads/detail?name=logcatTool.exe&can=2&q="]HERE[/URL]

The last version removed a  "*" on me so it had a great potential for closing itself, so i have repaired the problems.[/QUOTE]
I downloaded your updated apk as a file logcatTool.exe to my SGS I9000 , but the file is not executable. Have you instructions?
Thank you

FuzzyMeep Two

Feb 21, 2012
Southern NH

EDIT V 3.2 Finished
Google code won't allow any new uploads, so i will attach the new update here in a ZIP file.

Fixed ADB Location settings, some users were having trouble if they input the ADB folder with any quotation marks in the path name, it will now automatically remove quotation marks to ensure correct syntax.
Capitalized some stuff
Added a feature that will automatically create the selected folder if no output folder exists and the user attempts to run a log.
Added a check when selecting an output folder that will ask if you want the folder created if it does not exist

NOW PARSES FILES
logcat.png

(DEBUG).TXT
(ERROR).TXT
(INFO).TXT
(VERBOSE).TXT
(WARNING).TXT
ETC..

AS WELL AS A FULL LOGCAT

Code:

****OLD STUFF*****

EDIT V3.1 DONE
CHANGELOG EDITS

EDIT V3 DONE

various bug fixes

EDIT:
Many bug and typo fixes.

Now Saves Settings.

Easy XDA option adds
Code:

[/HIDE]

Last edited:
Reactions: Szczepanik

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
great work!
now... is there a tutorial on how to use this, for a noob like me? :p
i don't know the first thing about this stuff or how to use it :eek:

FuzzyMeep Two

Feb 21, 2012
Southern NH
great work!
now... is there a tutorial on how to use this, for a noob like me? :p
i don't know the first thing about this stuff or how to use it :eek:

Try here to familiarize yourself with logcats a little, run the program alongside it and choose the options you need, you will need adb setup on your pc already. For the most part the program can be run with default options, and you can then parse the file and choose the log level you need from the output files.

Reactions: Chevyguy85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOAD

UPDATE 4.1

apparently, if the process id contained a space ( 1234) the file would parse correctly, but if the numbers came up to the parenthesis (12345) it would output an empty file named ACTIVITY(12345) with no extension.

This was a huge issue, and i apologize for not seeing it sooner. It has been corrected, and the logcat tool works better than ever. I just ran through a 20,000 line logcat without any empty files appearing.

Brackets ([]) and arrows (<>) will be replaced with paranthesis(())

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HUGE UPDATE

Added the ability to "SUPER PARSE" Files, which separates files into folders by log level and creates a TXT file for each activity

EX.
    .[OUTPUT FOLDER]-->
    .....[DEBUG LEVEL FOLDER] --->
    ............... BACKUPMANAGER.TXT
    ............... SURFACFLNGER.TXT
    ................ETC...

Super parse DOES NOT Work with LONG format Logs.
    SUPER PARSE is in its infancy I do expect errors, please let me know if you run into anything.

EDIT V3.6 DONE
    Added ability to filter logcats by activity name. (logcat -s "FILTER")
    Fixed Log Level Setting

EDIT V3.5 DONE

NOW PROPERLY PARSES "LONG" FORMAT LOGCATS.
    Thank you to Senior Member jes0411 for pointing out the issues that lead me to create V3.4 and 3.5. If any of you have an issue please let me know. It could be hours before i get to it or weeks, but i will get to fixing it.

EDIT V3.4 DONE

Changed the way the date variable was handled to hopefully fix issues experienced by users of non-English versions of windows.

EDIT V3.3 DONE

modified the output to include the log level before the logcat as seen below;

ERROR LEVEL
    Code:

AS OPPOSED TO

Code:

EDIT V 3.2 Finished

Capitalized some stuff

NOW PARSES FILES
    logcat.png

(DEBUG).TXT
    (ERROR).TXT
    (INFO).TXT
    (VERBOSE).TXT
    (WARNING).TXT
    ETC..

AS WELL AS A FULL LOGCAT

Code:

****OLD STUFF*****

EDIT V3.1 DONE
    CHANGELOG EDITS

EDIT V3 DONE

various bug fixes

EDIT:
    Many bug and typo fixes.

Now Saves Settings.

Easy XDA option adds
    Code:

[/HIDE]

Keywords:
    Logcat Parsing
    How to parse logcat
    Windows Logcat
    Logcat Tool
    Windows Parse Logcat

LOGCAT TOOL by FuzzyMeep TWO

I made this in about a half hour, so if you fnd any issues let me know. I believe i worked out all functionality issues, and do plan on expanding functionality in the future. This is written in Batch, and compiled with QuickBFC.

https://code.google.com/p/logcat-tool/

Edit: source here.
    Batch Source

All Of Download Links Removed & Dead So i Cant Download Any Thing !

Please Fix Download Link

Tnx

Fixed

EDIT V 3.2 Finished
    congrats for getting on homepage !
    FIXED

DOWNLOAD

UPDATE 4.1

Brackets ([]) and arrows (<>) will be replaced with parenthesis(())