Search This thread

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
If you set the notification to use one of the single color LEDs (such as red or blue) you won't ever see that issue popping up. I have my work email set to show up as purple and see the red and blue LEDs blinking out of sync every now and then. Just one of those things we get to live with. :)

I would, but then I can't distinguish what is what. I love the LEDs cause instead of using different notification sounds for each app, I can just use a different color :laugh:

But this is no big deal in the long run of things. This is the first time I've ever seen in it all of the builds Task has made. I sure as hell won't switch to another rom just for this. Now if he sets my phone on fire, maybe.

exploitz

Oct 5, 2011
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.1 )Task650 (2.10.2013) (AT&T)

I would, but then I can't distinguish what is what. I love the LEDs cause instead of using different notification sounds for each app, I can just use a different color :laugh:

But this is no big deal in the long run of things. This is the first time I've ever seen in it all of the builds Task has made. I sure as hell won't switch to another rom just for this. Now if he sets my phone on fire, maybe.

Using lightflow doesn't cause this issue to occur. I've been using it for awhile now because it offers a little more control over my led than the built in led control

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a way to install Samsung's video app on this ROM? I really wanna beam some videos to a friend who has stock ROM and won't let us without Samsung video app

Or if anybody knows a work around for this?

G-Man.

Nov 15, 2010
Laramie, WY

Is there a way to install Samsung's video app on this ROM? I really wanna beam some videos to a friend who has stock ROM and won't let us without Samsung video app

Or if anybody knows a work around for this?

Wrong thread for this buddy... only things supported here are what is available in the OP. No TW stuff or 3rd party apps...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: SeanHacker

T_D_H

task650 you know I wouldnt do this normaly, but as of latest update I am having wifi issues myself.....no i dont have logcat, I will get that next time, but I can explain what happens exactly. after being connected to home wifi, then turning off before leaving home, then after I get home from work, re enable wifi, go to setting and watch wifi status go from connect, obtain wifi address, then disconnect, rinse repeat... will not reconnect untill reboot, home connection is wpa2, I will be re testing with logcat to try and determine the exact culprit... using latest rom of course, with ktoonz kernel(latest), underclocked to 1409mhz, no voltage adjustments. I will reflash with pure stock if need be. but hoping I can help if it isnt kernel related :)

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
task650 you know I wouldnt do this normaly, but as of latest update I am having wifi issues myself.....no i dont have logcat, I will get that next time, but I can explain what happens exactly. after being connected to home wifi, then turning off before leaving home, then after I get home from work, re enable wifi, go to setting and watch wifi status go from connect, obtain wifi address, then disconnect, rinse repeat... will not reconnect untill reboot, home connection is wpa2, I will be re testing with logcat to try and determine the exact culprit... using latest rom of course, with ktoonz kernel(latest), underclocked to 1409mhz, no voltage adjustments. I will reflash with pure stock if need be. but hoping I can help if it isnt kernel related :)

If you flash ktoonsez's kernel then you need to go to that thread for support as i only support what i package in the OP of this thread. How am I (or you) supposed to be able to tell if it's rom or kernel related if you don't just use what I provide? You're just making it difficult by not using what's in the OP. I have no wifi issues.

Rattles

Nov 14, 2011

have you tried it with the kernel that comes with this ROM?

T_D_H

If you set the notification to use one of the single color LEDs (such as red or blue) you won't ever see that issue popping up. I have my work email set to show up as purple and see the red and blue LEDs blinking out of sync every now and then. Just one of those things we get to live with. :)

LED colors have been brought up numerous times, and they have their own thread, please search for this, it has been brought up more times than anything

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

have you tried it with the kernel that comes with this ROM?

I just flashed this 48 hours ago, noticed the issue today, hard to do all this in such short time, just noting the issue, as previous people had stock kernels

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
LED colors have been brought up numerous times, and they have their own thread, please search for this, it has been brought up more times than anything

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I just flashed this 48 hours ago, noticed the issue today, hard to do all this in such short time, just noting the issue, as previous people had stock kernels

You should probably try reading all the posts that go along with that one before posting. Then you would probably know that they don't need to search for this. ;)

T_D_H

You should probably try reading all the posts that go along with that one before posting. Then you would probably know that they don't need to search for this. ;)

reading all the threads for this rom is insane lol, if I was out of place my bad....I spend 20 minutes every 12 hours on this thread lol.....sorry

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

If you flash ktoonsez's kernel then you need to go to that thread for support as i only support what i package in the OP of this thread. How am I (or you) supposed to be able to tell if it's rom or kernel related if you don't just use what I provide? You're just making it difficult by not using what's in the OP. I have no wifi issues.

yes, I'm about to reflash with stock rom, I also apologise is I found said LED post.. I skipped that page(of course), I will retest within the hour just to let the phone go though its paces, if it turns out to be kernel, i will adjust to said topic and inform there

b0u1d3r

Nov 11, 2011

I am having the same issue with the included kernel. I did not have the wifi issue on the previous build.

I am also having an issue with my cell connection too. Both connections drop for no apparent reason and randomly. I have to reboot the phone to get service back or wifi back.

And yes I always follow the steps of proper flashing. I re flashed as well.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

InfiniteImp

Dec 11, 2011
I having an intermittent issue with the USB Computer Connection not engaging when plugged into a PC, it charges, but USB mass storage not mounting. Requires a reboot once the issue occurs.

clean install of the 2/10/13 with KT747 2/8/13 kernel.

Any thoughts? If its kernel related, let me know and Ill head over there.

Thanks.

I had that happen as well. Somewhere between my 2.10.2013 flash and the release before that. Wanted to copy an APK onto the phone and realized it wasn't visible! A reboot brought the phone back, but only for maybe 10 seconds, then it disappeared again. Same cable I've always used, no change in fast charge settings. It did this for the rest of the evening. I rebooted a few more times and it went away. Now every time I plug it in, it shows fine on the computer. Like nothing had ever gone wrong. Weirdest thing.

Royalmathmtcs

Dec 5, 2008
Chicago
I'm having the issue with WiFi cutting out and not reconnecting without a reboot. Latest build (2.10.2013), full wipe, and using the kernel that comes with the ROM. Otherwise, this is the best build to date for me. Thanks!

niabi

May 3, 2008

well just to get a smart ass reply as well :p ... I am also having WiFi problems, not only cutting off, but I am about 1 meter away from my router and it gets 1 bar signal (on AT&T stock I got full bars all over my house) if I reboot the phone then the WiFi works correctly for a few minutes/hours (its random), I did a clean wipe, I installed the newest kernel, and come directly from stock (this is my first ROM on SG3).

just reporting.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
well just to get a smart ass reply as well :p ... I am also having WiFi problems, not only cutting off, but I am about 1 meter away from my router and it gets 1 bar signal (on AT&T stock I got full bars all over my house) if I reboot the phone then the WiFi works correctly for a few minutes/hours (its random), I did a clean wipe, I installed the newest kernel, and come directly from stock (this is my first ROM on SG3).

just reporting.

That sounds good. Glad to hear. ;)

P.S- Fix it then dude.

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9

just reporting.

Here is one for you. I have not had a single issue with wifi at all. As a matter of fact my signal is stronger now then it was on stock. Sitting outside my house in the back 2 floors down from my router and still full bars. When you say you full wiped you did do more then a cache cleaning and factory reset right?

Wayne Tech S-III

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
@Everyone

Talking about bugs will not get you any closer to fixing the issue you may or may not be having. WiFi is just fine for me. So either you guys fix it on your own or provide the proper information. Its a waste of space without it. This especially applies to things that I do not see. How do you expect me to fix something that is not there?

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Here is one for you. I have not had a single issue with wifi at all. As a matter of fact my signal is stronger now then it was on stock. Sitting outside my house in the back 2 floors down from my router and still full bars. When you say you full wiped you did do more then a cache cleaning and factory reset right?

Wayne Tech S-III

Same here. No issues whatsoever. Actually better than ever lately. Looks as though people would rather talk about these issues rather than fix them. Weird.

Reactions: alacrify

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB