[Q] N9005 and how to make LTE working

Search This thread

wwwojciech

Feb 25, 2011
Dear All,

I have bought a Note 3 in USA with serial number as follows: N9005GSMH and FCC:A3LSMN9005.
I have a problem because I don't know how to make LTE working. I'm using this smartphone in Poland, in settings I can't see option which allows to switch to LTE band. I have good LTE network coverage in my city but I haven't possibility to switch radio to LTE.
This is new phone so it is not rooted, two weeks ago new official update was made from JB to KK.

Can anybody advice how make LTE option visible in network settings?

I have found somewhere on this forum that after making some changes in configuration file in system directory LTE option appear in settings. But maybe it can be done without rooting?

Best Regards
Wojciech

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Dear All,

I have bought a Note 3 in USA with serial number as follows: N9005GSMH and FCC:A3LSMN9005.
I have a problem because I don't know how to make LTE working. I'm using this smartphone in Poland, in settings I can't see option which allows to switch to LTE band. I have good LTE network coverage in my city but I haven't possibility to switch radio to LTE.
This is new phone so it is not rooted, two weeks ago new official update was made from JB to KK.

I have found somewhere on this forum that after making some changes in configuration file in system directory LTE option appear in settings. But maybe it can be done without rooting?

Best Regards
Wojciech

As you bought from America you need to be aware that some of the 4G/LTE bands are different and won't work overseas... If this is the case you might not be able to get the right bands thus all you will get is 3G speeds....

Reactions: seeinthelight

wwwojciech

Feb 25, 2011
As you bought from America you need to be aware that some of the 4G/LTE bands are different and won't work overseas... If this is the case you might not be able to get the right bands thus all you will get is 3G speeds....

Thank you for your answer. I have found that N9005 is LTE enabled and it supports some of LTE bands in my country.
N9005 supports LTE 2100/1800/850/1600/800Mhz(Band1,3,5,7,20).

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Thank you for your answer. I have found that N9005 is LTE enabled and it supports some of LTE bands in my country.
N9005 supports LTE 2100/1800/850/1600/800Mhz(Band1,3,5,7,20).

This is what you need to know - The LTE standard covers a range of many different bands, each of which is designated by both a frequency and a band number. In North America, 700, 800, 1900, 1700/2100 (AWS) and 2600 MHz (Rogers Communications, Bell Canada) are used (bands 4, 7, 12, 13, 17, 25); 800, 900, 1800, 2600 MHz in Europe(bands 3, 7, 20); 1800 and 2600.
There is a difference...

seeinthelight

Mar 29, 2014
Lte Bands for Bell mobility

This is what you need to know - The LTE standard covers a range of many different bands, each of which is designated by both a frequency and a band number. In North America, 700, 800, 1900, 1700/2100 (AWS) and 2600 MHz (Rogers Communications, Bell Canada) are used (bands 4, 7, 12, 13, 17, 25); 800, 900, 1800, 2600 MHz in Europe(bands 3, 7, 20); 1800 and 2600.
There is a difference...

It looks like you might have some information I need, I see you know which bands Bell mobility uses in Canada, here is my question.

I have an unbranded Note 3: sm-n9005 (bought in Russia), and I would like to know if there is a way to change the bands being used by the phone so that I can program the correct bands and use the LTE network with Bell Mobility.

I am currently with Bell Mobility and the following info is from my note 3

Version

AP : N9005XXUENB3

CP : N9005XXUENB1

CSC : N9005SERENB2

Baseband Version : N9005XXUENB1

Build Number : KOT49H.N9005XXUENB3

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
It looks like you might have some information I need, I see you know which bands Bell mobility uses in Canada, here is my question.

I have an unbranded Note 3: sm-n9005 (bought in Russia), and I would like to know if there is a way to change the bands being used by the phone so that I can program the correct bands and use the LTE network with Bell Mobility.

I am currently with Bell Mobility and the following info is from my note 3

Version

AP : N9005XXUENB3

CP : N9005XXUENB1

CSC : N9005SERENB2

Baseband Version : N9005XXUENB1

Build Number : KOT49H.N9005XXUENB3

It seems a lot of people are asking this, It should be as simple as flashing your regions modem but this doesn't seem to be the case...
As I have never needed to do this I unfortunately don't have an answer...
This is an expensive little toy and I don't want to be responsible for screwing up yours.
If I was going to try then I'd try to flash the GSM and LTE modems. Flashing only one might cause a conflict, however this may also render your phone unusable...

If you're not seeing the LTE option in Network Mode, that's because your provider code isn't active in the little file that tells your phone it has LTE enabled on their network. Evidently, as you bought the phone in an entirely different region.

You'd have to flash the local firmware over it, but whether that's a safe thing to do on a US device, someone else will be more qualified to inform you.

hossamkswra

Oct 13, 2014
note3 4g n9005

i need the original base bande version for note3 4g n9005 from ksa and how to remove samsung kies update from my phone :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear All,

Best Regards
    Wojciech