is there a root for kitkat?

Search This thread

whoamanwtf

Nov 15, 2008
Best Coast
How is it possible you have been a member for two years yet you are stupid enough to post that here? Read the damn rules mate this is ridiculous.

Also to answer you question, with the veil of ignorance you seem to live under I doubt there is root on KitKat for you.

Reactions: TheNetwork

StreetkillnHD

Sep 13, 2012
How is it possible you have been a member for two years yet you are stupid enough to post that here? Read the damn rules mate this is ridiculous.

Also to answer you question, with the veil of ignorance you seem to live under I doubt there is root on KitKat for you.

lol quick post wasnt paying attention all i saw was g2 att and thats what i have so i posted this question.

dreckis604

May 3, 2008
holy calm down bro... People make mistakes. I spilled coffee on myself this morning are you going to freak out on me too?

whoamanwtf

Nov 15, 2008
Best Coast
Meh, I took my aggravation on my unreliable internet connection out on you. If you are updated to KK already there is no way to root, you need to downgrade via LGFlash and then root before taking the KK OTA to keep root.

simpl3lang

Aug 31, 2010
ioroot is working for KK now

hi. just bought a used lg g2 d800 phone and its updated to kitkat 4.4.2 .....where can i get info on this ioroot tool? i love aosp, im completely new to lg g2. dont flame, just trying to get my footing on where to start. im hoping i can start rooting my phone thats currently on D80020c software version.

just to verify, 4.4.2 is rootable?

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
hi. just bought a used lg g2 d800 phone and its updated to kitkat 4.4.2 .....where can i get info on this ioroot tool? i love aosp, im completely new to lg g2. dont flame, just trying to get my footing on where to start. im hoping i can start rooting my phone thats currently on D80020c software version.

just to verify, 4.4.2 is rootable?

here is link for root http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48709232&postcount=869 but you wont be able to get custom recovery

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Thanks for the link. I will read up on it. That's too bad that we can't install custom recovery yet. I wanted an aosp Rom ?

Would you suggest downgrading? Or would that mess up something? Not recommended?

the way things are right now there may never be a recovery for stock kit kat so if you want aosp then yes I recommend downgrading to 10d here is a link on how(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476)

I myself wanted stock kk with custom recovery so I followed this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2672931 just in case you want kk with root/recovery which is currently the only way

Last edited:
Reactions: simpl3lang

simpl3lang

Aug 31, 2010

Top Liked Posts