can i unlock bootloader NOW?? 4/16/2014

Search This thread

Duckscreen

Mar 17, 2014
i don't know why i can't unlock,I think L9 can't download token from lg??:confused:

OR Can unlock with boot.img backup from anyone unlocked bootloader??

sorry about my english

Last edited:

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
LG is notorious for removing fastboot, which is basically the way to access the bootloader, with an OTA update. Not only do they remove it, they encrypt the bootloader for good measure.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I'm still attempting this myself, current test involves proxying through Europe, thought maybe lg started filtering ip's from the us models running euro roms to prevent the token from unlocking it. No evidence of it but just a thought. I'm even seeing if a few of my coder friends can sift through the bootloader machine code after I disassembled it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, machine code isn't exactly a specialty of theirs, wish I had that nice ida convert back to c option, c code would actually be useful in this situation.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
I'm still attempting this myself, current test involves proxying through Europe, thought maybe lg started filtering ip's from the us models running euro roms to prevent the token from unlocking it. No evidence of it but just a thought. I'm even seeing if a few of my coder friends can sift through the bootloader machine code after I disassembled it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, machine code isn't exactly a specialty of theirs, wish I had that nice ida convert back to c option, c code would actually be useful in this situation.

How about this thing my brother just mentioned to me.... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vpnoneclick.android

I don't know what it does so don't ask me. At this point, this all goes over my head. :sly:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Ah that's another form of proxying, right now I just am using proxydroid and a UK proxy server I found. I think the most interesting point made in the latest tutorial for this is that it says you must have WiFi and data on, but from what I saw, data disconnects when WiFi is connected I think. Idk, I'm trying it both ways. This whole process is a pita. And the people in the kfhd community think their bootloader exploiting process is hard...

ramonkahn

Apr 18, 2014
Ah that's another form of proxying, right now I just am using proxydroid and a UK proxy server I found.

I am currently in Europe with the P769, and I've tried unlocking, however, I don't believe the token gets sent when one is roaming (at least I was not able to get the unlock). Not sure, if I used the EU mirrored ROM, but I gave up after handling the glitchy screen for a while.

Let me know, if you make progress, and for confirmation purposes, I could try to sim-unlock my phone and flash EU rom and try again. Then it would not be roaming, so maybe it would work...

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
I am currently in Europe with the P769, and I've tried unlocking, however, I don't believe the token gets sent when one is roaming (at least I was not able to get the unlock). Not sure, if I used the EU mirrored ROM, but I gave up after handling the glitchy screen for a while.

Let me know, if you make progress, and for confirmation purposes, I could try to sim-unlock my phone and flash EU rom and try again. Then it would not be roaming, so maybe it would work...

FYI, I already sim unlocked and used a prepaid sim from Puerto Rico. My friend from there let me use his sim to try and unlock the bootloader. It didn't work so there goes that idea. :p

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Maybe my efforts to decompile the bootloader will get me somewhere. As is though I can only get machine code, I found a program I thought might do the trick that was just released recently called fracture but I guess a u-boot doesn't go with standard binary formats in terms of the header, or maybe its signature is getting in the way, Idk this is a bit above the kinda stuff I usually do. I might poke around and chat with some RC's about this.

Reactions: Ntrasme

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe my efforts to decompile the bootloader will get me somewhere. As is though I can only get machine code, I found a program I thought might do the trick that was just released recently called fracture but I guess a u-boot doesn't go with standard binary formats in terms of the header, or maybe its signature is getting in the way, Idk this is a bit above the kinda stuff I usually do. I might poke around and chat with some RC's about this.