[Q] Stock Verizon M8 stuck in bootloop - help!

Search This thread

lauraj14

Jul 14, 2014
Hello!

I purchased my HTC One M8 from Verizon about a month and a half ago. I love the phone, and it hasn't caused me any issues at all - until a few days ago. I went to pick up my phone and the screen was off; I couldn't turn the phone on.

After fidgeting with the power/up+down buttons, I got it to load the boot loader. I tried almost every option on the menu in there, and I seem to be stuck in a boot loop. When I try hooking up my phone to my PC, HTC Sync loads but says there is no device connected. My PC doesn't recognize the device, either. I've never tried to root the device or anything, so it's "Locked" with S-ON.

I am trying to figure out if I can get my photos off of the device before I send it into Verizon for a replacement. I (stupidly) thought that the photos were being automatically backed up on Google, and I never put my SD card into the phone.

Does anyone know if or how I can do this? I'm not a developer, but I'm pretty technical, so any step-by-step advice would help!

Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You may be able to issue an "adb pull" of the data partition if you have adb setup on a computer. You should Google it and see if you can get adb up and running.