[Q] WiFi Hotspot not working on Dirty Unicorns

Search This thread

Djchriscoral

Feb 10, 2011
Sorry about the general post, I have flashed Roms from here since back in my Droid X days but have never done much posting, so it wont let e ask this on the DU thread.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the WiFi tether to work in settings. It looks like it sets up but never works and shows little or no connectivity on my laptop.

I love this rom and want to use it as a daily but HAVE to have hotspot use for my home or I get no internet in my rural community.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Djchriscoral

Feb 10, 2011
Dirty Unicorns WiFi hotspot help!!!!

Sorry about the general post, I have flashed Roms from here since back in my Droid X days but have never done much posting, so it wont let e ask this on the DU thread.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the WiFi tether to work in settings. It looks like it sets up but never works and shows little or no connectivity on my laptop.

I love this rom and want to use it as a daily but HAVE to have hotspot use for my home or I get no internet in my rural community.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

I am also running 7.9.

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
1. You posted into the wrong section. Questions go to Q&A thread.
2. Wi-Fi trust may be broken because of the kernel or ramdisk. If you flashed a custom kernel then that is probably the problem. If not then the problem is in the ROM. If you flashed that ROM without wiping data and cahce, then that may be the reason why Wi-Fi tether isn't working..

Djchriscoral

Feb 10, 2011
1. You posted into the wrong section. Questions go to Q&A thread.
2. Wi-Fi trust may be broken because of the kernel or ramdisk. If you flashed a custom kernel then that is probably the problem. If not then the problem is in the ROM. If you flashed that ROM without wiping data and cahce, then that may be the reason why Wi-Fi tether isn't working..

Sorry about the mispost. And thank you for still responding.

No custom kernel and i only dirty flashed 7.9 over 7.8 triple wiped before that.
I will wipe and reflash. Thanks again.

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Ya it had been working on the other 4.4 ROMs like Slimkat.

Each night I go back to the last working backup of SlimKat to use WiFi tether and then have been running DU during the day.

Thanks

So the problem is in the ROM.
If you can then let the ROM devs know about this issue on their ROM. This may be just ramdisk related or then kernel related

Djchriscoral

Feb 10, 2011
So the problem is in the ROM.
If you can then let the ROM devs know about this issue on their ROM. This may be just ramdisk related or then kernel related

Will do I think I have enough post to add this thread in the developer section. I didn't have my 10 posts.

If anyone would like to drop this thread in that forum it would be appreciated as well.

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare

DR3W5K1

Aug 25, 2012
Will do I think I have enough post to add this thread in the developer section. I didn't have my 10 posts.

If anyone would like to drop this thread in that forum it would be appreciated as well.

Flashing a kernel on top of the rom just might fix it. Worth a shot I suggest dirty or smitty v

In the development section there is only Development stuff like toolkits, ROMs, Kernels, etc. NO QUESTIONS...

Questions must be posted here:
Galaxy Nexus Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

I think what he was trying to say was "ROM development forum"