[Q] Heimdall help for Droid?

Search This thread

tlx45

Oct 6, 2011
Hi,

I've just installed the latest Heimdall (v1.3) to try to flash my Droid Charge, as I'm running Ubuntu and therefore ODIN is not an option. I was running GummyCharged GBE 2 with CWM Recovery, and wanted to flash the new modem. However, Heimdall seems unable to flash any files to my Droid and now when I turn on the phone I get this image:

Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg

I've been trying to use Heimdall to fix it, but no matter what I'm trying to flash, I get an error message very similar to this:

Code:
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
Attempt failed. Detaching driver...
Claiming interface again...
Setting up interface...

Beginning session...
Handshaking with Loke...

Downloading device's PIT file...
PIT file download sucessful

Uploading KERNEL
0%

ERROR: Expected file part index: 1761653664 Received: -1
KERNEL upload failed!
Ending session...
ERROR: Failed to receive session end confirmation!
Re-attaching kernel driver...

I also get red text at the top left corner of the download mode screen that says "RX_TIMEOUT".

The "Expected file part index" is different depending on whether I'm trying flash RECOVERY, KERNEL, LTEMODEM, etc., but it seems to always receive a -1. Can anyone help with this, or simply point me to a resource that will let me get my phone back up and running (that works on Linux)?

Thanks for any assistance,
Dave

Last edited:

incharge

Oct 25, 2011
I'm having the exact same issue on a Mac with Loin running heimdall v1.3.1. Following the advice of this thread. I can get the pit to upload but nothing else. But that only bricked my phone worse. I can still get to the download mode but nothing rom related will ever upload. Anyone have ideas?

Part of my output with verbose.
Code:
Handshaking with Loke...

Beginning session...
Session begun with device of type: 0

Uploading PIT
PIT upload successful
Uploading RECOVERY
0%ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving packet. Retrying...
ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving packet. Retrying...

File Part #0... Response: 0  0  0  0  1  0  0  0 

ERROR: Expected file part index: 0 Received: 1
RECOVERY upload failed!
Ending session...

The libusb error -7 and RX_TIMEOUT leads be to believe that the charge is not receiving what ever the heck it wants. Tried using --delay but that seems to be for the handshake with Loke

With --verbose and --stdout-errors
Code:
Handshaking with Loke...

Beginning session...
Session begun with device of type: 0

Downloading device's PIT file...
PIT file download sucessful

Uploading RECOVERY
0%ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving packet.ERROR: libusb error 2104816 whilst receiving packet. Retrying...
 Retrying...
ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving packet.ERROR: libusb error 2104816 whilst receiving packet. Retrying...
 Retrying...
ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving packet.ERROR: libusb error 1094576 whilst receiving packet. Retrying...
 Retrying...
ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving packet.ERROR: libusb error 2104816 whilst receiving packet. Retrying...
 Retrying...
 Retrying...

File Part #0... Response: 0  0  0  0  2  0  0  0 

ERROR: Expected file part index: 0 Received: 2
ERROR: Expected file part index: 26880 Received: 1606416092
RECOVERY upload failed!
Ending session...
ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving packet.ERROR: libusb error 2111712 whilst receiving packet. Retrying...
 Retrying...
ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving packet.ERROR: libusb error 2111712 whilst receiving packet. Retrying...
 Retrying...
 Retrying...
 Retrying...
 Retrying...

Last edited:

iwasaperson

Aug 31, 2010
Get Windows 7 (Microsoft gives away free 30-day trials), and use Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

incharge

Oct 25, 2011
OP was asking about Heimdall specifically because he can't run Odin because he's on Linux.

As I was in the same predicament as the OP; after 12 hours of messing with heimdall I just ending up using a friends windows computer and about 10 minutes later my charge was working fine. I even tried emulating Odin with virtualbox and reactos then tryed wine but usb support became the issues for both. I tried everything but the only solution became this and it worked. Debloated EP3HA is amazing from EE4, it was worth the struggle.