[GUIDE] How to rollback from ICS leak.

Search This thread

PyreKing

Feb 3, 2012
jax,fl
If you rooted using Timmy deans v4 your cpuid got placed in the (Acer serial #) folder just above dotnetdetecter.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Heres an idea, when you get your CPUID, then save it in a special little file on your PC... Then if the **** hits the fan again you don't have to look all over the place to find it...

I had mine backed up when I first rooted my tab.... The message RIGHT FOM THE START was you need to find your CPUID if you have trouble... This was for HC 3.2 as well...
Can't believe people are still not checking it and having it backed up somewhere...:confused:

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
After this step.
"It will try and scan for the current image version and new image version, this will take about 5 minutes."
I get a message "adb server is out of date.killing.adb server is" Tried downloading updated sdk tools, but still get the same message. Has anyone else has encountered this?

Edit: Issue with my laptop was the cause. Downloaded drivers to my work laptop and rolled back without an issue.

Last edited:

redarrow75

Nov 26, 2010
Do a factory reset and then use the terminal emulator to get the txt file. You'll find the cpuid after that.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA

Jamesbond007vn

Dec 3, 2007
Hi All,

I cannot install Terminal emulator on my A500. It says that it doesnt support my country.

I got it. Someone sent it to me and I just installed on my tablet. Right now I dont know how to find the dmesg.txt file in the tablet and how to view it.

update: I made it, finally. Just strictly follow the instruction. Thanks a heap, jazzyjames!

Last edited:

cad_2011

Apr 14, 2011
Melbourne
Your CPUID
Your CPUID was probably changed when you flashed the ICS leak.

How you can find it in the ICS leak

Download and install a terminal emulator from the market and enter in the following.

dmesg > /mnt/sdcard/dmesg.txt

Copy that file to your computer and open it or open it in a text editor on your A500

Look for androidboot.serialno= and the number is listed is your CPUID.

i'm currently running lightspeed_4.4 (ics rom). ran this command "dmesg" and copied the dmesg.txt to my pc. cant seem to find the "serialno"

do i run this command after i flash back to "EUU from Timmydean of 3.2.1 V4"?

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
i'm currently running lightspeed_4.4 (ics rom). ran this command "dmesg" and copied the dmesg.txt to my pc. cant seem to find the "serialno"

do i run this command after i flash back to "EUU from Timmydean of 3.2.1 V4"?

Yep dmesg didnt worrk 4 me. You need yr UID in order to run the euu.
If u have d/l timmydeans version 4 zip theres a 'test.cmd' in there, which will give u yr UID [but[/B] u must connect yr tab to yr pc first. ONCE u have UID you must disconnect it again b4 running the euu or u will get the "download newer image" screen., and the flash will not happen.

If u r still on the hc bootloader u can try restoring yr nandroid back up, it worked for me

cad_2011

Apr 14, 2011
Melbourne
Yep dmesg didnt worrk 4 me. You need yr UID in order to run the euu.
If u have d/l timmydeans version 4 zip theres a 'test.cmd' in there, which will give u yr UID [but[/B] u must connect yr tab to yr pc first. ONCE u have UID you must disconnect it again b4 running the euu or u will get the "download newer image" screen., and the flash will not happen.

If u r still on the hc bootloader u can try restoring yr nandroid back up, it worked for me

did not work for me, it says something along the line "newer firmware" and exit is the only option :(

how do i find out what bootloader i'm using now?

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
did not work for me, it says something along the line "newer firmware" and exit is the only option :(

do you mean the "download newer image" screen?????? As i said in my post
you see this screen becoz yr tab is connected to your pc and it shouldn't be

Do this once you have your uid:

Make sure your ICONIA TAB is not connected to a computer!!!!!.

Run PBJ20upgrade.exe (right click and run as administrator).

Tab will scan for current and new image version, this will take a few minutes, and becoz you are not connected to your computer, then:

You will see a "Cannot detect ICONIA TAB "screen:

Then follow the instructions on that screen to get into apx mode.

Once you are in apx mode, your tab screen will go black.

you then connect to your computer to begin the flash process...

bootloader version can be detected with Acer Recovery Installer or cwm

Last edited:

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
Thanks to all as I managed to follow the instructions here and have it back to normal once I got the UID which has now been kept safe:D
excellent, just know guys how important retrieving your cpu id via adb is - for unborking anything on yr tab or flashing ics bootloader you will need adb - I've whipped up a quick guide here explaining how and why....

Reactions: JdgM3NT4L

dave-

Feb 12, 2010
Melbourne
For people having trouble with their UID value, you need to use usbdeview to get the proper value. ADB devices gives an 11 digit number (identical to the SNID on the microsd flap/cover and nothing showed up in dmesg.
Using usbdeview (its in the root-3.2.1-V4.7z package), if you search for VendorID 0502 and ProductID 3325, you will see that the above 11 digit SNID and a 15 digit value in the serial column. That's your CPUID. EDIT: LOL just realised previous post said it better ;)

You can prove it by running the 15 digit value on vache's SBK generator site and running the nvflash sync command to see if you get a valid response. Basically doing upto but not including step 4 here.

I was running thor CWM 1.7 and flexreaper R13 and had to use the instructions in first post to roll back to 3.2.1. Worked great, thanks to the OP and timmydean!
Also I thought it would restore full stock including recovery but I now have CWM v5.0.2.3 (1.5). No issues though.

cgigate

Sep 12, 2003
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada

cgigate

Sep 12, 2003
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
How to rollback from ICS leak

***THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA***

What you need:

EUU from Timmydean of 3.2.1 V4
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1307539

Your CPUID

Download and install a terminal emulator from the market and enter in the following.

Copy that file to your computer and open it or open it in a text editor on your A500

***DO NOT PLUG TABLET INTO COMPUTER UNTIL STEP ******
1. Download and extract root-3.2.1-V4
2. Run PBJ20upgrade.exe (right click and run as administrator).
3. Click Ok on Make sure your ICONIA TAB is not connected to a computer. If a "New Hardware Wizard" window appears, click "Cancel".
4. Click Next
5. Let it install the USB drivers
6. Click Next on Go to Settings/Applications/Development to enable "USB debugging" (see the picture)
7. It will try and scan for the current image version and new image version, this will take about 5 minutes.

Follow the steps to get your A500 into APX mode.
1. Turn off the ICONIA TAB by long pressing the power button for 5 seconds.
2. Use a paperclip to push the reset button, don't release it.
3. Press the power button for 3 seconds.
4. Release the power button
5. Wait for 1 sec and take out the paperclip.
6. Use the USB cable to connect ICONIA TAB and PC
7. Click Yes
THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA.

8. Type in your CPUID, click next.

This will reset your tablet to a Rooted 3.2.1. Once it boots up you can install Acer Recovery installer from the market and install CWM recovery and restore your ROM or flash a new one.

PBJ20upgrade.exe not allow me to downgrade, any idea to fool it ?
there is a ImageInfo.tx file in the folder, open it and get;. maybe we change something
Acer_A500_7.014.02_COM_GEN2
5c660cfb142d6c1090beb81a49e06259076434761d2c88f4a30a4aa5864b42e1a35c237def

Attachments

• flash_err.jpg
    flash_err.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
PBJ20upgrade.exe not allow me to downgrade, any idea to fool it ?
there is a ImageInfo.tx file in the folder, open it and get;. maybe we change something
Acer_A500_7.014.02_COM_GEN2
5c660cfb142d6c1090beb81a49e06259076434761d2c88f4a30a4aa5864b42e1a35c237def

sorry i've not read the full thread but the reason you are receiving that error
is because you have yr tab connected to your PC. Do not connect your tab
until you see this screen follow the steps to enter manual apx mode THEN you connect
the usb cable -
so it goes like this
your tab is disconnected from yr pc
run prj20.exe
when u get to the scanning image (likein yr thumbnail)
it will sortof get stuck here for at least 4-5 mins (its trying to find the image and cant becoz yr tab aint connected)
then u will see this screen Cannot detect your iconia tab and steps to get into apx mode - once you have done that then you can connect yr usb cable and finish the flash
picture.php

Reactions: JdgM3NT4L

Omega2513

May 5, 2011
Edmonton
Just to let everyone know, if you use this for your A501, it will change your model to A500 and lose your 3G network. Does anyone have a rooted A501 that we can use?
Ok I fixed the issue. After the rollback, install a ROM that is based on the Acer A501 image and it'll go back to being a A501

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to rollback from ICS leak

***THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA***

What you need:

EUU from Timmydean of 3.2.1 V4
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1307539

Your CPUID

***DO NOT PLUG TABLET INTO COMPUTER UNTIL STEP ******
    1. Download and extract root-3.2.1-V4
    2. Run PBJ20upgrade.exe (right click and run as administrator).
    3. Click Ok on Make sure your ICONIA TAB is not connected to a computer. If a "New Hardware Wizard" window appears, click "Cancel".
    4. Click Next
    5. Let it install the USB drivers
    6. Click Next on Go to Settings/Applications/Development to enable "USB debugging" (see the picture)
    7. It will try and scan for the current image version and new image version, this will take about 5 minutes.

Follow the steps to get your A500 into APX mode.
    1. Turn off the ICONIA TAB by long pressing the power button for 5 seconds.
    2. Use a paperclip to push the reset button, don't release it.
    3. Press the power button for 3 seconds.
    4. Release the power button
    5. Wait for 1 sec and take out the paperclip.
    6. Use the USB cable to connect ICONIA TAB and PC
    7. Click Yes
    THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA.

8. Type in your CPUID, click next.

This will reset your tablet to a Rooted 3.2.1. Once it boots up you can install Acer Recovery installer from the market and install CWM recovery and restore your ROM or flash a new one.
    Dunno why but it says please download the newer image for the upgrade... then just an exit button... does nothin?
    EDIT: Never mind... I re-read the post... but I accidentally pulled the USB while it was 'upgrading' is that a problem as now it doesn't work any more?
    EDIT2: Oh thank god! It tells you when it works because it says enter Acer Download Mode in the top left in small writing. Seems pretty fool-proof and robust to me, thank you JazzyJames.
    EDIT3: Oh crap it failed again... now it wants me to restart it.. :'(
    EDIT4: All good 3.2 booted! Thanks again.
    (I put all this up for the people like me so they don't have multiple heart attacks either.)
    Thanks for writing this up.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

do you mean the "download newer image" screen?????? As i said in my post
    you see this screen becoz yr tab is connected to your pc and it shouldn't be

Do this once you have your uid:

Make sure your ICONIA TAB is not connected to a computer!!!!!.

Run PBJ20upgrade.exe (right click and run as administrator).

Tab will scan for current and new image version, this will take a few minutes, and becoz you are not connected to your computer, then:

You will see a "Cannot detect ICONIA TAB "screen:

Then follow the instructions on that screen to get into apx mode.

Once you are in apx mode, your tab screen will go black.

you then connect to your computer to begin the flash process...

bootloader version can be detected with Acer Recovery Installer or cwm

Well first let me apologize for my noobness and stupidity -_- I didn't read thru the directions correctly and plugged my tablet in too soon causing the error. I apologize and thank for correcting me

I'll accept your apology if you accept mine:eek:...I'm sorry I was a bit harsh on you,
    Let's hope u can get yourself up n running again without too much trouble:)