Nexus 7 Car Mount - No Modification to Car!!~

Search This thread

lexi250

Jun 25, 2011
Toronto
Saw a few N7 car install integration but my version is to keep the car stock and just add a mount for the N7 so I can always take it out easily.

Here is a picture to keep you subscribed to this thread, I need more time to write the review. :eek:

N7CarMount.jpg

lexi250

Jun 25, 2011
Toronto
Hey guys, this mount is from KOREA and the brand is Xenomix, I got mine on ebay. I had the 'EXOGEAR' dash type mount before but the mounting base is so big.

EXOGEAR
exogear-exomount-universal-tablet-dash-car-mount-for-tablets-up-to-101.jpg

Xenomix
2x_02.jpg

The model for 7' tablet mount is Xenomix 2X SHG-NX2000

Size: 100 x 155 x 122 mm
Weight: 190g
Color: Black
Up to 8' inch

Attachments

• EM1.jpg
    EM1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 6,819
  • X1.jpg
    X1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6,654

nolook

Sep 5, 2010
so this is like a sticky/suction cup mount? I've had bad luck with these in the past and was wondering if this one is any different esp in extreme winters/summers

looking for a car mount for my 2012 Mitsubishi lancer...

Sent from my Nexus 7

lexi250

Jun 25, 2011
Toronto
so this is like a sticky/suction cup mount? I've had bad luck with these in the past and was wondering if this one is any different esp in extreme winters/summers

looking for a car mount for my 2012 Mitsubishi lancer...

Sent from my Nexus 7

I have the mount on the dash for 2 months now, went through the summer fine, if the extreme heat was fine, I'm sure the winter weather will be fine too. :good:

As long as you have a fairly flat area on the dash, it should held on tight!

Sabra56

Dec 12, 2012
Can the Nexus 7 remain vertically oriented.

I just purchased this car mount for my nexus 7. However, I like to have the nexus in portait mode, not landscape. Will this mount allow me to do that?
I have the mount on the dash for 2 months now, went through the summer fine, if the extreme heat was fine, I'm sure the winter weather will be fine too. :good:

As long as you have a fairly flat area on the dash, it should held on tight!

maxjivi05

May 28, 2009
Lexington, KY
I use the cell phone mount from Wal-Mart works just fine. Universal cell phone holder clips in vents

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
JUST got mine in from Korea. Took a while to get here.Ordered it 12/3 and received today on 12/17 about 10 business days not counting weekends.

The packaging is really nice, thin but nice. Inside you find the mount ready to go except for maybe the inserts or tabs to insert in the mount depending on your dash to adjust/correct the height.

The suction cup is comprised of the sticky pad stuff that you see on the Xenogear mounts where you can use a wet towel to re-institute the sticky suction cup if it gotten too dirty.

The GREAT thing is that this mount is way smaller than any of the other "off dash" mounts that I have seen. I prefer this because if you use the mount with a N7, then your vision is not impaired because the tablet it not on the said dash, rather off the dash, maybe hanging is a better term to use lol.

Another awesome aspect of this mount. It can be used with both my Nexus 4 phone with or without a tpu case on. However, you have to place the phone in vertically. Which isn't horrible, I am use to mounts with side clamps of some sort. Just something to get used to.

Anywhoo...here's some pics with both the N7 and N4. I recommend this if you are looking for a smaller footprint of a mount! I'll report back on usage in a couple of days.

DSC02362.JPG
DSC02361.JPG
DSC02363.JPG
DSC02364.JPG
DSC02365.JPG
DSC02366.JPG

ben1284

Sep 27, 2010
Does this mount come with an extension to sit further out from the dash if needed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Does this mount come with an extension to sit further out from the dash if needed?

It does a bit. The mount, when unswitched can telescope out a bit. I attached a quick pic telescoped and not. Looks like it comes out like 2 inches. Which is pretty cool.

Attachments

• DSC02399.jpg
    DSC02399.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 3,468
  • DSC02400.jpg
    DSC02400.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 3,441
  • DSC02401.jpg
    DSC02401.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 3,356

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
JUST got mine in from Korea. Took a while to get here.Ordered it 12/3 and received today on 12/17 about 10 business days not counting weekends.

The packaging is really nice, thin but nice. Inside you find the mount ready to go except for maybe the inserts or tabs to insert in the mount depending on your dash to adjust/correct the height.

The suction cup is comprised of the sticky pad stuff that you see on the Xenogear mounts where you can use a wet towel to re-institute the sticky suction cup if it gotten too dirty.

The GREAT thing is that this mount is way smaller than any of the other "off dash" mounts that I have seen. I prefer this because if you use the mount with a N7, then your vision is not impaired because the tablet it not on the said dash, rather off the dash, maybe hanging is a better term to use lol.

Another awesome aspect of this mount. It can be used with both my Nexus 4 phone with or without a tpu case on. However, you have to place the phone in vertically. Which isn't horrible, I am use to mounts with side clamps of some sort. Just something to get used to.

Anywhoo...here's some pics with both the N7 and N4. I recommend this if you are looking for a smaller footprint of a mount! I'll report back on usage in a couple of days.

I also got the same dock, it looks great very well built.

The only thing I want to comment is that the arm that moves forward and backward is too short for my car. The dashboard of my car is not flat, it's kinda curved upwards and have a line across from left to right. So I have to put the dock to far back, towards the windshield to make the dock suction cup stick to the dashboard. The N7 is sitting kinda high above the dashboard as the end result.

sadsplace

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle Under Lyme
I also got the same dock, it looks great very well built.

The only thing I want to comment is that the arm that moves forward and backward is too short for my car. The dashboard of my car is not flat, it's kinda curved upwards and have a line across from left to right. So I have to put the dock to far back, towards the windshield to make the dock suction cup stick to the dashboard. The N7 is sitting kinda high above the dashboard as the end result.

Does the mount cover the volume controls? Difficult to tell from the photos.
I do like the look of it!
Cheers

Catchpen

Dec 28, 2011
www.supplementdeals.net
I got the one from the same company off Ebay that is supported entirely by the cd slot. I found the thread about it here somewhere.
...Anywho It's a little wobbly on bumpy pothole roads, but its not going anywhere. It comes with little rubber stabilizer posts but I couldn't use them since the radio touch screen is behind it. I really enjoy it considering Toyota wanted another $2000 for their nav/web link stereo system and my N7 pretty much does the same thing! I don't see any damage to the CD slot either, I don't use it anyways. Sorry if the pics turn out bad, I'm on the XDA app :eek:

uploadfromtaptalk1360039144196.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1360039249961.jpg

Reactions: bigdog_nick

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
BTW, what do you guys use to keep charging the Nexus 7 while it is in NAVIGATION mode?

I tried multiple USB car charger and although the N7 shows as "charging", the battery goes down. The N7 was in this mode:
- Car mode using Car Home Ultra
- Google Navigation
- Connected to my phone wifi (tethering)
- Brightness at 75%
- NO BLUETOOTH

swedkg

Jan 30, 2011
Since the wall charger is rated at 2A, I guess we need a car plug and a car charger able to provide 2A. I don't think I have ever seen a car charger that powerful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saw a few N7 car install integration but my version is to keep the car stock and just add a mount for the N7 so I can always take it out easily.

Here is a picture to keep you subscribed to this thread, I need more time to write the review. :eek:

N7CarMount.jpg

DSC02362.JPG
    DSC02361.JPG
    DSC02363.JPG
    DSC02364.JPG
    DSC02365.JPG
    DSC02366.JPG

It does a bit. The mount, when unswitched can telescope out a bit. I attached a quick pic telescoped and not. Looks like it comes out like 2 inches. Which is pretty cool.
    Here's one I just made. Less than $3 from Home Depot odds and ends. Slides into gaps at just the right places. Doesn't budge while driving or being poked at. A little double sticky tape holds pieces in place. Works great in my 2005 Baja. No fit guarantees for other vehicles. JVC has a remote so I don't need to access controls.

N7%20Mount2.jpg
    Look forward to your review.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=69143
    An alternative with a magnet and a nodded case.
    Using this several weeks for GPS navigation.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38969143