[Q] Trying to use T-mobile SIM on Verizon N3. No Signal. Help!

Search This thread

NotZeroSix

Feb 28, 2011
Hey guys I recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from a friend who was on the verizon network. I, however, use tmobile but according to youtube videos and online forums Verizon's Note 3 works both GSM/CDMA without the use of a root. Well, once I acquired the phone from my friend, I was able to use it by tutorials on youtube. It worked for 2 days but now I cant use it because it says No Signal. I did steps 3 times and no luck, including a reset. Any input? Please help!

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London
Hey guys I recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from a friend who was on the verizon network. I, however, use tmobile but according to youtube videos and online forums Verizon's Note 3 works both GSM/CDMA without the use of a root. Well, once I acquired the phone from my friend, I was able to use it by tutorials on youtube. It worked for 2 days but now I cant use it because it says No Signal. I did steps 3 times and no luck, including a reset. Any input? Please help!
You should unlock the phone. I think this phone is blocked by Verizon's.

NotZeroSix

Feb 28, 2011
You should unlock the phone. I think this phone is blocked by Verizon's.

Yeah the phone had a bad esn but I was able to get it uplifted from the original owner. It is now ready to activate yet it can't find service. If I pop in a non active Verizon sim, You can see that there's a signal. But with a t mobile sim there's nothing. I called t mobile and they can't help me cause it isn't "their" device.

Would a root be possible? I never done that before. What are the steps to unlock the device? I'm am willing to PayPal someone with the correct answer!!!! I just want this phone to work.

sloanster

Jun 26, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
Yes you will need root!

It may be as simple as editing the APN and the BuildProp to get you up & running!

I have a Note 3 900V it does work on ATT & Tmobile but to get the most out of it it will need to be on Edge, I will not get 4Glte only 4G...

Hope that helps

Yeah the phone had a bad esn but I was able to get it uplifted from the original owner. It is now ready to activate yet it can't find service. If I pop in a non active Verizon sim, You can see that there's a signal. But with a t mobile sim there's nothing. I called t mobile and they can't help me cause it isn't "their" device.

Would a root be possible? I never done that before. What are the steps to unlock the device? I'm am willing to PayPal someone with the correct answer!!!! I just want this phone to work.

dongarritas

Jan 26, 2011
San Antonio

I had a rooted, unlocked Note 3 from Sprint (CDMA), and while the Note does support both CDMA/GSM, it is only internationally that it works on GSM. Here in the states, you are SOL if you have a Verizon or Sprint version. They WILL NOT ever work on T-Mobile/ATT. Sorry, just trying to save you the frustration that I went through. Sell the one you have, or trade it in with T-Mo's JUMP. as long as it boots, and is in good condition, they will give you $140-$200 towards a shiny new GSM Note 3. Good luck!:good:

aviseqdas

May 19, 2012
Minneapolis
Not that complicated.

You guys are making it harder than it is. Just change the network mode from CDMS to GSM and the T-mobile SIM will work. No need to root, unlock or anything. Even if bad esn, it will still work on GSM networks. Currently the CDMA and GSM database is not shared. Hit thanks if it works.

NotZeroSix

Feb 28, 2011
I did do that. I did it 20 even with a hard reset, reboot, installation of new firmware. Still got nothing.

aviseqdas

May 19, 2012
Minneapolis
I did do that. I did it 20 even with a hard reset, reboot, installation of new firmware. Still got nothing.

Did you check putting the T-mobile SIM in another phone and see if it is working? It might be that since the phone was blocked on verizon, the SIM got blocked. Normally what you have to do is put the SIM in another clean phone (the SIM won't work still), call T-mobile and ask to ublock the SIM from another phone, the customer care would ublock and ask you to reboot and it would work again. If asked you can say you bought the phone on craigslist(CL) and then the seller reported it lost and so it got blocked.

I have been burnt twice with Note 3 and once GS 4 (total 3 times) from CL that now I have stopped buying from CL or swappa. There is not much you can do for people who run these scams even if you have all the proof, it wont worth the hassle. I went to cops, showed then the ad the guy put, gave the ATM receipt, photos of the bills I have handed over, the texts exchanged, asked for the video footage from HEB but nothing happened. So lessons learnt no more phones on CL.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL

you need to check your apn settings...
look for a software that will let you change it. I don't remember the name... from the play store..

my cousin had the Verizon note 2, we first rooted, we unlocked the sim with an app, and used a software to change the apn settings and it worked with my tmobile sim..

so you can make it work from Verizon..
sprint on the other hand, locks there phones for only international use, I do know that.

if the phone is Verizon, even if its blocked the imei, that should not even bother on another network,,

NotZeroSix

Feb 28, 2011
acetate tedscrb

you need to check your apn settings...
look for a software that will let you change it. I don't remember the name... from the play store..

my cousin had the Verizon note 2, we first rooted, we unlocked the sim with an app, and used a software to change the apn settings and it worked with my tmobile sim..

so you can make it work from Verizon..
sprint on the other hand, locks there phones for only international use, I do know that.

if the phone is Verizon, even if its blocked the imei, that should not even bother on another network,,

The phone is verizon.

I can't find the app. Do you know which one? I been having a hard time setting up this device to tmobile. Tmobile and Verizon can't find the problem. The settings I use is epc.t-mobile.com and fast.t-mobile.com and the same mms message.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
The phone is verizon.

I can't find the app. Do you know which one? I been having a hard time setting up this device to tmobile. Tmobile and Verizon can't find the problem. The settings I use is epc.t-mobile.com and fast.t-mobile.com and the same mms message.

•Name: T-Mobile
•APN: epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices)
•Proxy: <Not set>
•Port: <Not set>
•Username: <Not set>
•Password: <Not set>
•Server: <Not set>
•MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
•MMS proxy: <Not set>
•MMS port: <Not set>
•MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
•MCC: 310
•MNC: 260
•Authentication type:<Not set>
•APN type: <Not Set> OR Internet+MMS (depending on software version)
===============================================
Name: T-MOBILE
APN: fast.tmobile.com
Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
Port: <Leave in Blank>
Username: <Leave in Blank>
Password: <Leave in Blank>
Server: <Leave in Blank>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Leave in Blank>
MMS port: <Leave in Blank>
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4

I will speak with my cousin tomorrow to find out,
I did it with him on his computer.
we found it on another forum, it was not on xda... try googling checking for Verizon note 2 sim unlock, and Verizon apn settings change app, I believe it was on the play store.

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London

Root is possible but some application will not work properly ( Probably )