Screen On-Time

Search This thread

c1umsyb3ar

Jan 24, 2012
Union City, CA
Hey everyone,

I just came to the M8 from the Nexus 4 and it's been great. I've gone through the whole rooting procedure but haven't flashed any custom ROM on it yet. I tried to look for this information around the forums but I couldn't find anything about it. Is there a way to get Screen-On time measurements in the stock ROM? Or is it a feature on a custom ROM? Thanks everyone!

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
There are various apps that can provide this.

Screen on time is something that has been removed from Sense for some time now (since maybe Sense 4+); and I believe Android in general (so I assume GPE ROMs won't have it, either). Although more "modded" or feature packed custom ROMs may have it (CM, etc.). I'm mostly a Sense user, so I can't say for sure.

Reactions: c1umsyb3ar

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
I have Better Battery Stats which works without root I am fairly certain. The apk is floating around xda but I went ahead and paid for this version on the play store to help support the developer, as it is an app well made and one I use every day to check my screen on time to gauge battery performance

yhare3ap.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8

twiggums

Oct 6, 2007
I had wonky times with BBS (however unrooted, so that might have caused it?), but found GSam battery monitor to be pretty good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
Hey everyone,

I just came to the M8 from the Nexus 4 and it's been great. I've gone through the whole rooting procedure but haven't flashed any custom ROM on it yet. I tried to look for this information around the forums but I couldn't find anything about it. Is there a way to get Screen-On time measurements in the stock ROM? Or is it a feature on a custom ROM? Thanks everyone!

I prefer gsam better battery can be confusing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1400540026285.jpg
    1400540026285.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 39

c1umsyb3ar

Jan 24, 2012
Union City, CA
Thanks everyone! I'll definitely give these a try and see how they work out for me. Sense has been such a nice ROM for me performance wise and looks wise that I didn't want to go to a aosp based ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have Better Battery Stats which works without root I am fairly certain. The apk is floating around xda but I went ahead and paid for this version on the play store to help support the developer, as it is an app well made and one I use every day to check my screen on time to gauge battery performance

yhare3ap.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    There are various apps that can provide this.

Screen on time is something that has been removed from Sense for some time now (since maybe Sense 4+); and I believe Android in general (so I assume GPE ROMs won't have it, either). Although more "modded" or feature packed custom ROMs may have it (CM, etc.). I'm mostly a Sense user, so I can't say for sure.
    I had wonky times with BBS (however unrooted, so that might have caused it?), but found GSam battery monitor to be pretty good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Hey everyone,

I prefer gsam better battery can be confusing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app