[ROM] 12/21/10 | Fresh Evo 3.5.0.1 | [Insert Witty Tagline] | New OTA Base

Search This thread

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 3.5.0.1 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Featuring the new OTA and multiple updates.

Base: Supersonic 3.70.651.1

Changes from Fresh Evo 3.4.0.1 to 3.5.0.1:
  • Based on the new Sprint OTA (3.70.651.1)
  • New kernel by HTC (#15)
    • Modified slightly to allow app2sd, remount, and enable usb debugging
    • Good battery life is back!
  • Added notification pull down widgets (huge props to jschisurf)
  • Removed USB debugging icon (thanks to jschisurf)
  • Removed GPS icon when it's disabled (thanks to jschisurf)
  • Option to reboot added to power menu (thanks to snq- and aamikam)
  • Updated DarkTremor Apps2sd to 2.7.5.2
  • Updated Gmail to 2.3.2 (due to some issues in the beta you may need to update this through the market)
  • Updated Google Search to 1.1.2.64376 (due to some issues in the beta you may need to update this through the market)
  • Updated Google Maps to 5.0.0
  • Updated Voice Search to 2.1.1
  • Updated Market to 2.2.7
    • Due to many users experiencing issues in the 3.5.0 beta with this you will see the old market after you first flash, however it will be quickly updated in the background to the new one.
  • Updated ES File Explorer to 1.4.8.6
  • The OTA brought a lot of behind the scenes changes, but also some new apps. I removed most as they are things you could already get off the market. Here's what I did with everything. Keep in mind that some of these apps can be re-installed by clicking in a file browser, while some must be copied to /system/app/ manually:
    • SWYPE -- left this for now
    • WM DRM 10 -- left this for now
    • Blockbuster -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
    • Adobe Reader -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
    • Kindle eReader -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
    • NOVA Demo -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
    • Sprint Zone Update -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
    • New Sprint Nav -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
    • New Sprint TV -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
  • New radio (baseband), wimax radio, and PRI and NV can all be found on Fresh Updater after flashing 3.5 or downloaded below.
  • 3.5.0.1: Fixed market bug
  • 3.5.0.1: Fixed location bug
  • 3.5.0.1: Fixed busybox / root apps FC'ing bug
  • 3.5.0.1: I wanted to give a shout out to skullmonkey, mrgq1111, Rolland985 and gordon ramsay (he yells a lot) for sitting in tinychat with me and trying every market fix I threw at them. And an extra special thanks to mrgq1111 for letting me remote in to his computer so I could work on the issue on his phone (because I couldn't duplicate the problem on mine). I wouldn't have been able to fix it without that.

Changes from Fresh Evo 3.3.0.1 to 3.4.0.1:
  • Based on a new Sprint OTA (3.30.651.2)
  • New kernel by HTC (g0f673ed)
    • Modified slightly to allow apps2sd and remount to work
    • Has fps unlocked by default, straight from HTC's source!
  • Upped MMS size limit to 5mb (thanks to calkulin)
  • Added mod to prevent MMS from compressing image unless it's over 5mb limit (thanks to calkulin)
  • Added mod to unlock Sprint wired tether so that you can tether straight through the normal USB menu when you plug in your phone (thanks to calkulin. If it's not working for you then you are probably missing drivers on your computer. Check device manager. Works on 3g or wifi only)
  • Updated Wireless Tether to 2.0.5-pre-11
  • Updated DarkTremor apps2sd to 2.7.5.2
  • Updated Google Maps to 4.5.1
  • Updated Google Search to 1.1.2
  • Updated YouTube to 2.0.26
  • Updated busybox to 1.16.0
  • There were no radio updates or updates to any system apks or jars in this OTA.
  • 3.4.0.0-3.4.0.1: Fixed a browser bug. Find the small patch in Fresh Updater if you were on 3.4.0.0 already

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://geekfor.me/evo/21/fresh-evo-official-change-log
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READ:

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on Fresh Evo 3.2 or higher. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing. Updating to the new radio and PRI is highly recommended. I recommend doing it after you flash the rom. The download is below.

Donors: If you were already on 3.5.0.0 then yes you still need to update or you will not be able to get future updates from fresh updater properly.

If you are experiencing issues:
  • If your gmail FC's on your first boot and you aren't getting push gmail then simply open Settings < Manage Applications < All < Gmail < Clear Data . After that everything should work for you.
  • If your market is FC'ing then you will need to perform a few adb commands after flashing the rom.
    1. adb remount
    2. adb shell
    3. rm -r /data/data/com.android.vending
    4. rm -r /data/dalvik-cache
    5. rm /data/system/packages.xml
    6. reboot recovery
    7. then you should be in recovery. and do (assuming RA) Other < Fix APK UID mismatches
  • If you have tried all of that and are still having issues then you need to go in to recovery and do a full data wipe and flash and all will be fine.

Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

Need help?

Download: http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-evo-3501/

Radio, Wimax, NV, and PRI (new with this release. flash after upgrading the rom or download from Fresh Updater): http://geekfor.me/evo/radio/freshevo-35-radiowimaxprinv/

Screenshots:

Last edited:

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
downloading now, quick question, is it safe to delete the previous fresh deleted apps folder as another is going to be created or leave as is?

tpeazy

Jul 30, 2007
So-Cal
Here goes nothing...

By the way flipz, isn't the latest NetArchy Kernel based on the new/unofficial ROM. It should bring true Wifi Functionality, right?

Tp

myersn024

Jun 8, 2010
I've been running the beta builds for the last two days, and they're smooth as butter. I had been running Cyanogen RC1, but I was having weird problems with my in-call volume getting dorked up and requiring a wipe to straighten it out. So far I haven't run into a single problem with any of the Fresh ROMs.

I'm downloading the final build right now and should be flashing it within the next five or ten minutes :)

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA
SO MANY new Amazing ROMS!! Just installed the latest baked snack about 5 hours ago... will let that run for a day and give this ago!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK!!!

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA
I've been running the beta builds for the last two days, and they're smooth as butter. I had been running Cyanogen RC1, but I was having weird problems with my in-call volume getting dorked up and requiring a wipe to straighten it out. So far I haven't run into a single problem with any of the Fresh ROMs.

I'm downloading the final build right now and should be flashing it within the next five or ten minutes :)

How is battery life in the beta's that you have been running?

chris3g

Jun 11, 2010
Here goes nothing...

By the way flipz, isn't the latest NetArchy Kernel based on the new/unofficial ROM. It should bring true Wifi Functionality, right?

Tp

The latest netarchy kernel WORKS with the new ROM, but it's still a 2.6.29 kernel. The new kernel that comes with the 2.2 release is 2.6.32, for which HTC has not yet released the source.

Vivix729

Jun 18, 2010
Omg, I JUST set up Baked Snack exactly like I wanted...now I want to give this a try >.>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 3.5.0.1 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Featuring the new OTA and multiple updates.

Base: Supersonic 3.70.651.1

Changes from Fresh Evo 3.4.0.1 to 3.5.0.1:
    • Based on the new Sprint OTA (3.70.651.1)
    • New kernel by HTC (#15)
      • Modified slightly to allow app2sd, remount, and enable usb debugging
      • Good battery life is back!
    • Added notification pull down widgets (huge props to jschisurf)
    • Removed USB debugging icon (thanks to jschisurf)
    • Removed GPS icon when it's disabled (thanks to jschisurf)
    • Option to reboot added to power menu (thanks to snq- and aamikam)
    • Updated DarkTremor Apps2sd to 2.7.5.2
    • Updated Gmail to 2.3.2 (due to some issues in the beta you may need to update this through the market)
    • Updated Google Search to 1.1.2.64376 (due to some issues in the beta you may need to update this through the market)
    • Updated Google Maps to 5.0.0
    • Updated Voice Search to 2.1.1
    • Updated Market to 2.2.7
      • Due to many users experiencing issues in the 3.5.0 beta with this you will see the old market after you first flash, however it will be quickly updated in the background to the new one.
    • Updated ES File Explorer to 1.4.8.6
    • The OTA brought a lot of behind the scenes changes, but also some new apps. I removed most as they are things you could already get off the market. Here's what I did with everything. Keep in mind that some of these apps can be re-installed by clicking in a file browser, while some must be copied to /system/app/ manually:
      • SWYPE -- left this for now
      • WM DRM 10 -- left this for now
      • Blockbuster -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
      • Adobe Reader -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
      • Kindle eReader -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
      • NOVA Demo -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
      • Sprint Zone Update -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
      • New Sprint Nav -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
      • New Sprint TV -- moved to /sdcard/fresh-removed-apks-3/)
    • New radio (baseband), wimax radio, and PRI and NV can all be found on Fresh Updater after flashing 3.5 or downloaded below.
    • 3.5.0.1: Fixed market bug
    • 3.5.0.1: Fixed location bug
    • 3.5.0.1: Fixed busybox / root apps FC'ing bug
    • 3.5.0.1: I wanted to give a shout out to skullmonkey, mrgq1111, Rolland985 and gordon ramsay (he yells a lot) for sitting in tinychat with me and trying every market fix I threw at them. And an extra special thanks to mrgq1111 for letting me remote in to his computer so I could work on the issue on his phone (because I couldn't duplicate the problem on mine). I wouldn't have been able to fix it without that.

Changes from Fresh Evo 3.3.0.1 to 3.4.0.1:
    • Based on a new Sprint OTA (3.30.651.2)
    • New kernel by HTC (g0f673ed)
      • Modified slightly to allow apps2sd and remount to work
      • Has fps unlocked by default, straight from HTC's source!
    • Upped MMS size limit to 5mb (thanks to calkulin)
    • Added mod to prevent MMS from compressing image unless it's over 5mb limit (thanks to calkulin)
    • Added mod to unlock Sprint wired tether so that you can tether straight through the normal USB menu when you plug in your phone (thanks to calkulin. If it's not working for you then you are probably missing drivers on your computer. Check device manager. Works on 3g or wifi only)
    • Updated Wireless Tether to 2.0.5-pre-11
    • Updated DarkTremor apps2sd to 2.7.5.2
    • Updated Google Maps to 4.5.1
    • Updated Google Search to 1.1.2
    • Updated YouTube to 2.0.26
    • Updated busybox to 1.16.0
    • There were no radio updates or updates to any system apks or jars in this OTA.
    • 3.4.0.0-3.4.0.1: Fixed a browser bug. Find the small patch in Fresh Updater if you were on 3.4.0.0 already

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://geekfor.me/evo/21/fresh-evo-official-change-log

READ:

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on Fresh Evo 3.2 or higher. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing. Updating to the new radio and PRI is highly recommended. I recommend doing it after you flash the rom. The download is below.

Donors: If you were already on 3.5.0.0 then yes you still need to update or you will not be able to get future updates from fresh updater properly.

If you are experiencing issues:
    • If your gmail FC's on your first boot and you aren't getting push gmail then simply open Settings < Manage Applications < All < Gmail < Clear Data . After that everything should work for you.
    • If your market is FC'ing then you will need to perform a few adb commands after flashing the rom.
      1. adb remount
      2. adb shell
      3. rm -r /data/data/com.android.vending
      4. rm -r /data/dalvik-cache
      5. rm /data/system/packages.xml
      6. reboot recovery
      7. then you should be in recovery. and do (assuming RA) Other < Fix APK UID mismatches
    • If you have tried all of that and are still having issues then you need to go in to recovery and do a full data wipe and flash and all will be fine.

Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

Need help?

Download: http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-evo-3501/

Radio, Wimax, NV, and PRI (new with this release. flash after upgrading the rom or download from Fresh Updater): http://geekfor.me/evo/radio/freshevo-35-radiowimaxprinv/

Screenshots:

reserved for me!
    Circle Battery Mod - UOT Kitchen

For those looking for variations of the Circle battery mod do the following:

Note: Only creating Circle Battery and no other changes.
    Extract the Fresh 3.5.0.1 zip file and pull out the framework-res.apk and set aside. (inside system/framework)
    Go to the UOT Kitchen
    Choose the version you want (I use SCB with %, Version [A-K]) and hit next
    Choose the specific version you want and hit next
    Choose Do not include icons and hit next
    Choose Do not change notification status bar and hit next
    Choose Do not include bootanimation and hit next
    Choose Do not include windows animation and hit next
    Click Choose File and browse to where you placed the framework-res.apk from above and hit next.

The file will be built and you can then download it and flash.
    For anyone having problems installing the FM Radio, try flashing the attached.

Shouldn't be any problem if it gets copied over instead of installed. ;)
    For those with the market FC please test this and let me know if it resolves it.

http://link.geekfor.me/fresh35vendingfix

If not I need someone to send me a debug log of you opening the market.

Thanks!