NEXUS TWO expectations

Search This thread

missinglink69

Jan 18, 2009
Anaheim
I expected HTC to be the maker. I love my N1 and it would not be the same if another company makes an N2. All the new features Samsung Vibrant and more. Let see it HTC you can do it and better.!!!!!

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
I expected HTC to be the maker. I love my N1 and it would not be the same if another company makes an N2. All the new features Samsung Vibrant and more. Let see it HTC you can do it and better.!!!!!

I'm an HTC guy myself.. but Sammy has been real good about its homework - they are exclusive to Super AMOLED, and their new upcoming Mali Cores (Samsung the only company ARM named so far) are very tasty.

So I dunno. Samsung may be beating HTC in the near future technology-wise.

Oh, and both my parents have Galaxy S, it's a very solid phone, and screen is way better than on my N1 (true multitouch, better GPU, etc). So stop hatin' and smell the flowers.

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA
Personally, I'd like to see Google focusing on and driving standard hardware interfaces.

You can walk into any electronics store and find endless devices that hook up to that fruit phone, from car stereos, hi-fi docks, TV docs, etc. They are also relatively cheap because they are mass produced (one common interface).

For the Nexus there's... not much. I can hook it up to my car, but I can't browse tracks from the car, can't play video, etc. Some other Androids may be better supported, but still nothing like the fruit phone gadgets that you can get pretty much anywhere...

For me, this is where I would like Google to go with hardware. ONE STANDARD CONNECTION.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

th0r615

Mar 24, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Personally, I'd like to see Google focusing on and driving standard hardware interfaces.

You can walk into any electronics store and find endless devices that hook up to that fruit phone, from car stereos, hi-fi docks, TV docs, etc. They are also relatively cheap because they are mass produced (one common interface).

For the Nexus there's... not much. I can hook it up to my car, but I can't browse tracks from the car, can't play video, etc. Some other Androids may be better supported, but still nothing like the fruit phone gadgets that you can get pretty much anywhere...

For me, this is where I would like Google to go with hardware. ONE STANDARD CONNECTION.
microUSB....

danger-rat

Feb 14, 2010
USA

Both my cars have USB hook-up, but it doesn't work well. It plays mp3s, but not movies. It lists tracks by the file name, not mp3 tags. Only sorts by folder, not by artist, or genre, or album, etc.

I have a fruit pod interface that works great, and gives me full access and control.

My AV receiver has a fruit interface, but not USB. My clock radio at work, boombox, night stand clock, all support the iPod, but none have USB. I have a studio quality mic that turns my iPod into a high quality digital recorder. I hook my iPod up to the TVs in hotel rooms when I travel...

Also, not all Androids have mUSB, so switching phones may mean new chargers, new USB cables, etc...

There still isn't too many mUSB gadgets out there, either, but maybe it would get more support if it was adopted across the board...

th0r615

Mar 24, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Both my cars have USB hook-up, but it doesn't work well. It plays mp3s, but not movies. It lists tracks by the file name, not mp3 tags. Only sorts by folder, not by artist, or genre, or album, etc.

I have a fruit pod interface that works great, and gives me full access and control.

My AV receiver has a fruit interface, but not USB. My clock radio at work, boombox, night stand clock, all support the iPod, but none have USB. I have a studio quality mic that turns my iPod into a high quality digital recorder. I hook my iPod up to the TVs in hotel rooms when I travel...

Also, not all Androids have mUSB, so switching phones may mean new chargers, new USB cables, etc...

There still isn't too many mUSB gadgets out there, either, but maybe it would get more support if it was adopted across the board...

Every android phone? No. Most? Yep. (HTC phones, Moto Droids, Samsung, ect..)
Blame the accessory manufactures then or just buy boomboxes, night stands, car radios that work with Bluetooth.

Forcing every manufacturer that makes an android device to use some kind of proprietary connection isn't going to happen.

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Actually it more or less is from now on, µUSB is the industry standard for phone charging.

Apple will most likely be ignoring it though.

missinglink69

Jan 18, 2009
Anaheim
I'm an HTC guy myself.. but Sammy has been real good about its homework - they are exclusive to Super AMOLED, and their new upcoming Mali Cores (Samsung the only company ARM named so far) are very tasty.

Oh, and both my parents have Galaxy S, it's a very solid phone, and screen is way better than on my N1 (true multitouch, better GPU, etc). So stop hatin' and smell the flowers.

There is nothing wrong with Samsung Galaxy, I have purchased 2 of the vibrants. One for my son and the other for my girl friend. It looks simlair to the Iphone and I dislike the Iphone. If the body had a different look I would have purchase one for myself. Everyone has their own taste and the Galaxy is not my cup of tea. Not a hater

JP Money

Jul 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
I am not a fan on the Galaxy S series either. The glossy plastic and really lightweight makes it feel cheap to me. My good friend had to get a case for his Vibrant b/c it was getting scratches so easily. The screen and internals may be nice, but the exterior package is terrible imho. Samsung could do much better in that respect. A phone is more than just a spec sheet.