[APP][4.1+] YMusic - Listen YouTube music in background

Search This thread

koshikas

Jun 16, 2015
Colombo
Hi,

The app has an annoyance: it starts at every boot, at least on my phone, and keeps running the service (PlaybackService). I checked and there is no broadcast receiver for the BOOT_COMPLETED, so it must be some other entry point (something GMS related?). Could you please take a look?

Version 1.2.9.1 (latest as of now)
Android 6.0.1
Moto G4 Play

Any chance of fixing this? It also starts whenever I use a bluetooth headset, although I have nothing to do with the Y app.

i disabled broadcast receiver "MusicIntentReceiver", and it seems to be working

qandrav

Jan 4, 2012
Milano
In the last days I'm having problem with search results, even searching for something I already listened thtough the app, sometimes it can't find anything.
I'm on a custom rom, could be a problem?

The_tomorrow_person

Mar 8, 2016
How do the videos download in 320Kbps if the audio files provided by YouTube are only 192kbps?

Are you just converting those low quality files into 320kbps?

Boutchoo

Mar 7, 2014
Hey ! I've been using this app for a few months now and I was wondering if one day it would be possible to get ChromeCast & ChromeCast Audio support !

CCA Doesn't seem to be accepting any file format other than MP3/AAC (maybe more).

I can cast from my phone's storage or Spotify, but can't cast Youtube to the CCA...

Thank you !

datuser

Apr 21, 2015
Down right now.

Get stream error for some reason

Network connectivity
Video not available in US

Possibily another server problem like about a month ago?

Hope OP could fix it soon :cowboy:

nick_white

May 14, 2014
The application doesn't start anymore on my tablet, it just shows a white screen. I reinstalled, cleared data etc., same problem.
How can I debug this?

raphael.e

May 5, 2013
Hi,

Can you maybe also add alternative YouTube links to your app, this will help to open them easier from Facebook for example.

I tried to configure it in Android settings but it's not possible.

Appreciate your hard work! Great app!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170103-233000.png
    Screenshot_20170103-233000.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 362
  • Screenshot_20170103-233013.png
    Screenshot_20170103-233013.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 364
  • _20170103_233936.JPG
    _20170103_233936.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 363
Reactions: moriel5

moriel5

Jul 20, 2013
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Just in case there are people who think that the app is dead:
I have checked Y! Music's GitHub page,and the latest commit was from 23 hours ago, so the app is very much alive.
So don't worry, I am sure that @khangneovip is cooking up some surprises for us all, and when he decides that the time is ripe, he will release a new version.
After all, running an active server while working on multiple projects for multiple platforms is very tough and time-consuming, so it makes sense that the developer simply does not have the time to answer our posts (I am sure that he is reading them, though).
So for now, let us be patient.

Zokom

Dec 14, 2012
Hi,

Can you maybe also add alternative YouTube links to your app, this will help to open them easier from Facebook for example.

I tried to configure it in Android settings but it's not possible.

Appreciate your hard work! Great app!
I think if you disable the Facebook browser you will be able to open from Facebook too

fletschge

Aug 29, 2013
This could be such a great app if:
1) It would allow you to play the tracks that are available in your country
2) Allow you to sync with youtube playlists

q2k

Jan 8, 2017
Thanks for developing this. This is a good app but I think there should be some improvements such as:

- I think you should do a section like Recent Search and we should be able to see our search history just to make user experience faster and softer.

- Also search suggestions while typing would be cool. I think this is necessary.

- We are usually seeing random profile pictures as preview. Should be fixed with the video's original preview picture.

- Sometimes the app stops itself suddenly and it is heart breaking. I think you can solve this issue somehow.

Thank you.

hkultraman

Nov 27, 2005
Hi, I know that for download it is straight from the OP servers. I wonder how about streaming, is it from YouTube site our also from the OP servers?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G9350 發送

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @profeet2 you can send a bug report out of the app. It will be sent via your email app then. And the dev is reading the reports. I once received a push message from the dev thanking me about the reports about the network bug. :D
    YMusic - YouTube Music Player & Downloader
    Screenshots
    MFjYHPk.png

Features
    YMusic is a tool you can use to play YouTube video in background, and download video with variety formats (include MP3) totally FREE.
    Why do you have to load full video data while you only want to enjoy the music (audio)? YMusic helps you save a lot of bandwidth because it only load audio of the video, now you can enjoy millions music video in YouTube without worrying about data wasted.
    Main features:
    • Play YouTube video in background
    • Download YouTube with variety formats: mp3, opus, webm, mp4,...
    • Search music video easily
    • Browse trending music videos
    Experience the smart and beautiful player based on Jockey:
    • Customizable interface with 81 color combinations to choose from
    • Auto download album art, Last.fm integration for retrieving artist images and descriptions
    • Smart Playlists with fully customizable rules
    • Custom equalizers
    • Gapless playback
    • Home screen widgets
    YMusic is forked from Jockey music player, this is an awesome open source project, discover it here: https://github.com/marverenic/Jockey

Download APK
    .........OR.........
    QR code:
    [QRCODE]https://ymusic.en.uptodown.com/android[/QRCODE]

Links
    Facebook: https://fb.me/ymusic.android
    5Q3yr5L.png

## YMusic v2.0.0
    ### What's new?
    • From v2.0, YMusic is forked from Jockey - an open source Music project.
    • Inherit UI from Jockey:
      • Colorful theming, you can customize color of the app
      • Dark/Light background, protect your eye with auto background color.
      • Easy browse offline songs, devided into 5 sections: playlist, songs, artists, albums, genres.
      • Now Playing panel: easy control playback with amazing gesture, change song order in now playing queue.
      • Automatically find and display album art from Last.fm
      • Create/manage smart playlist
      • Beautiful notification with album art.
    • Support **music equalizer** as well (Jockey).
    • Support sleep timer (Jockey).
    • Smart Search with autocomplete
    • Smart download: prompt Song name/album/artist if any
    • New YMusic Icon.
    ### Note:

After install YMusic v2.0, you should uninstall the old one, because it will stop working soon.
    Who love this?

New UI, new features, forked from Jockey.
    Coming soon... :p

8LWHFidl.png
    nPp5cztl.png
    YMusic Dev

YMusic Dev

An development version for testing new Server, which is expected to fix these serious problem:
    1. Video not available on US: caused by YouTube. Solution: using proxy to bypass region restriction.
    2. Server down randomly at the end of months, also got error "Video not available on US". Solution: immigrate to paid server, guarantee online 99.9%, 2x faster.

Note: This is experiment version includes latest features as well as bug fix, and even "new bug" :D , all problem please reports me via "feedback".

Download link: https://goo.gl/NeRpuy
    V1.2.15:
    • New Download managers:
      • Download multi task concurrency
      • Multi chunks per task, significantly increases download speed by number of chunk
      • Download as Mp3 format with two servers
    • Ability to tag "Artist" name to song, using for album art in future.
    • Caching network request to save data + improve performance
    • Fix can't remove notification on Kitkat devices
    • Fix various bugs about download (e.g: low level socket error,...)
    • Improve feature listen LIVE video in background
    Download:
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/aa9f548df75d4e2c9c7eacdab8fd96df/app_versions/12

Acknowledgements:
    Big Thanks to everyone who donated me via Paypal.

Screenshot:
    9FrqItDl.png
    aXo45Lbl.png
    3wwIooZl.png