[ROM] [9.0.0] 家 BootleggersROM 4.0-Stable 家 [Shishufied]

Search This thread
G

GuestK00254

00-banner.png

01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

Also, we have our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
Code:
* QS Rows and Colums
* Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
* Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
* Power Menu Items
* Battery LED light settings
* Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
* AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
* Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
* Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!

You can check out the full list of features available here.

04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
Code:
* Shishu (For being there)
* Ground Zero ROMs Team
* AOSPExtended
* ABC ROMs
* NitrogenOS
* AICP
* DirtyUnicorns
* Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
* fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
* OmniROM
* CyanogenMod/LineageOS
* PixelExperience
* PureNexus
* merothh
* Resurrection Remix
* AOSiP
* CrDroid
* CypherOS
* PureKat
* theimpulson
* MatiHalperin
* Project Xtended
* Pixeldust Project
* AquariOS
* Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
* PixysOS 
* The Memedo Testers team
* Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
* You for your interest on our project

Also if you have some ideas, bug fixes, stability improvements, or would like to help support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull Request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources section) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), it will be really appreciated. Have some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

03-downloads.png

Downloads:
BootleggersROM

How to flash:
Code:
* Wipe Data, and Dalvik/ART cache (only if clean flashing!)
* Flash ROM
* Flash TWRP (optional)
* Reboot!

Notes:
* DO NOT FLASH GAPPS OR VENDOR IMAGES. They're included.
* Do NOT flash magisk/kernels/etc until AFTER first boot.

05-sources.png

Device Sources:
Device tree
Kernel tree
Vendor tree

ROM Sources
Bootleggers Github

Last edited:
G

GuestK00254

07-buglist.png

ROM Specific bugs:
Code:
* Statusbar clock showing on LS after reboot

06-screenshots.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181210-190943_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181210-190943_Settings.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 8,329
  • Screenshot_20181210-191107_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181210-191107_Settings.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 8,347
  • Screenshot_20181210-191132_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181210-191132_Settings.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 7,969
Last edited:

eurochild

Jul 11, 2007
Athens
Awesome work!
Flashed the latest december factory image but on boot i have a message about not correct vendor, is this based on november one?

Jesse402

Apr 16, 2014
Awesome work!
Flashed the latest december factory image but on boot i have a message about not correct vendor, is this based on november one?

Protip: when on sailfish always remember you are marlin's lil bro and there's always 10x more content and context over there ;P Just kidding, but in all seriousness, poking around this rom's thread on the marlin forum confirms this is currently still on Nov, with Dec apparently imminent.

https://xdaforums.com/pixel-xl/development/rom-bootleggersrom-2-3-stable-t3810998/page9

Thanks shagbag for maintaining this for sailfish

Edit: Rom is calling for pq1a.181205.002.a1 vendor, which is 12-05 dec security patch. Are you sure you weren't on November? I figured you were on Dec so dirty flashed over Nov Pixel Dust but now I'm getting vendor mismatch so looked it up to confirm. Gonna track it down and report back, other than that seems initially stable even w/o clean flashing from other custom rom.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00254

Jesse402

Apr 16, 2014
What vendor image is it asking you to flash?

Yerp, figured it out post flash :eek: It calls for vendor for pq1a.181205.002.a1. However, noticed in About phone, build number is 181205.006 (XL3) for me? Flashing the vendor from the dec sailfish image worked.

Are there alternating bootlogos? trippy. cool rom

Edit: substratum doesn't seem to work, but theming options in the rom

Last edited:

Nevethen5

Feb 27, 2013
Toronto
Flashed this this morning and its wonderful. Smooth rom, widgets and D2W are working too. Clean flashed stock, then clean flashed rom and shagapps. Stock kernel, no substratum, no magisk, yet. Will report if I find any issues/bugs

G

GuestK00254

Thank you! The eyes start to miss settings after a certain number of sweeps. Is there some alternative to temporary auto lock prevention in this rom? I've seen roms handle it differently I feel, miss dat caffeine tho
I think caffeine tile will get added soon, I've been missing that too hehe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone tried franco or elementalx kernel on this rom?
    having tried both, I can say stock is your best option.
    no, really. your former mentioned kernel was laggy, and the latter ate up battery like it was getting paid to.
    soon I'll have a full post with my findings, and what my setup is for nominal draw without sacrificing performance

absolutely love this ROM now
    ShishuOTA & battery report

successfully updated to 4.0 stable 20190307-174445 via ShishuOTA, with TWRP retention Magisk script prior to update reboot. then rebooted to recovery and reflashed Magisk.
    -- THIS ROM IS GREAT --

and finally, a battery report after running the ROM as DD for over a month with moderate daily use:
    running stock kernel with DTTW enabled, no AOD, no smart pixels.
    to detail-clarify, in case some things, like AOD or constantly running Viper over phone speaker, are the battery drain culprit, setup also includes-
    -AdAway ad blocker
    -GSam Battery Monitor
    -HEBF Optimizer
    -Magisk: Universal GMS Doze, Viper4Android, YouTube Vanced
    -widgets: Another Widget (updating weather every 1h), FiSwitch, ProjectFi usage dial, SoundSearch, RetroMusic

for me, substantial battery is a plus, but a phone that performs like it's trying to conserve power is a definite negative. any settings or alteration to how my device operates have been made with the idea of smooth performance taking priority.

GSam reports an average of roughly 17hours total battery life with roughly 2hours SOT.
    for me, this is juuust acceptable, for an older device with a larger than small battery.

what is battery looking like for other users?
    Sorry if I'm blind, but where is the change log for the updates?
    If you use OTA it's under settings, system, advanced, Shishu. Change log is there or it's also
    https://bootleggersrom-devices.github.io/ .
    So ran 0222 kernel overall good. No FC's and had taken 58 gcam pictures and processing was quick. Most people who want snappy response would like it. Now to be picky...I like more gov options. td2w nice. Not sure if touch responsive as 2 others to wake. My own feedback is good for rom build, but I will run a different one. IS a improvement to current rom build.

Hahhaha. Chill, it happens. Subscribe to this forum so that when shagbag posts an update, u get notified. He generally puts up a post for every release with a link. Just wait for it. And welcome to the forum.