[GUIDE] Fix ADB USB driver for Rockchip RK3066 - Ployer Momo7 Dual Core

Search This thread

CallMeLaNN

May 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am struggling to make my USB debugging works for Momo7 dual core with RK3066 chip. This is what I found to make it works at least for my Windows 7 64bit. This should be the same with other RK3066 devices also.

1. Install ADB driver
After connect to USB (make sure USB debugging enabled and don't mount the mass storage device) You will find that MOMO7 is not recognized in the Device Manager. The simple way is to install Moborobo, it will find and install a driver for you.
If you dont want to install Moborobo, you can use standard adb driver comes from SDK but you need to edit the android_winusb.inf file to add

Code:
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006&MI_01
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01

in both Google.NTx86 and Google.NTamd64 area.

For other model and manufacturer, just change the VID and PID which you can get from Device Manager > Properties > Details > Hardware Ids.

2. Use suitable ADB
Using adb from Android SDK is not working for some/almost RK3066 device (I think). I tried a few adb embedded from the other application like SuperOneClick but not working. No device found if you run "adb devices". I almost giveup but suddenly adb from ROOT.bat here contain is the only adb that can see my device.

Credit goes to bindassdost to point to the adb in the first link here

and yuvarajv to mentioned the adb embedded in root script contain ROOT.bat here

Last edited:

asratxda

Jun 10, 2012
Mumbai
Thank you for posting the solution for adb. I am using Cube U9GT4 tablet. I was also having the same problem of device not getting listed. But now I am able to use the adb.exe from your zip. Thanks again ... :good: :good:

htc6500uk

Apr 23, 2009
West Midlands - UK
had very similar problems with the timingpower Mini PC RK3066. I could not get the USB driver to install no matter what I tried (Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit)

Moborobo worked for me but I did not like the way it installed (and kept installing) Moborobo apps on my device - particularly as it had access to a rooted device under adb.

I will now do a full reset, restore my original ROM and try the alternative adb method described in the first post.

I am probably being over cautious but you can't be too careful these days!

Last edited:

Dimitrico

Jun 7, 2009
had very similar problems with the timingpower Mini PC RK3066. I could not get the USB driver to install no matter what I tried (Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit)

Moborobo worked for me but I did not like the way it installed (and kept installing) Moborobo apps on my device - particularly as it had access to a rooted device under adb.

I will now do a full reset, restore my original ROM and try the alternative adb method described in the first post.

Hi there.

I've found another way by installing the Rk30XX driver from BQ, :

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Drivers/ADB_drivers_RK30.rar

1- Extract the folder and you will have a folder "bq edison" with two folders inside (tools and usb_driver).
2- Unninstall previous drivers and install the usb_driver from this folder, using device manager.
3- Go to folder tools, that contains patched files (adb and dll's) and copy them. Take note to their names
4- Now go to the SDK_FOLDER\plataform_tools\ and backup the files with the same name that you copy on step 3 (just rename them... to something like adb.exe.bck)
5- Now copy the files and open a terminal, perform 'adb kill-server' , 'adb start-server' and 'adb devices' will show your ID device .D

This worked with a RK30XX device as well my Denver TAC70071 with an RK2928 chipset , since the USB vendor id and pid is present on the driver.

PS.: Sorry for my poor english

DuckDaffy

Dec 2, 2007
It works!

Hi there.

(URL deleted, use above)

1- Extract the folder and you will have a folder "bq edison" with two folders inside (tools and usb_driver).
2- Unninstall previous drivers and install the usb_driver from this folder, using device manager.
3- Go to folder tools, that contains patched files (adb and dll's) and copy them. Take note to their names
4- Now go to the SDK_FOLDER\plataform_tools\ and backup the files with the same name that you copy on step 3 (just rename them... to something like adb.exe.bck)
5- Now copy the files and open a terminal, perform 'adb kill-server' , 'adb start-server' and 'adb devices' will show your ID device .D

This worked with a RK30XX device as well my Denver TAC70071 with an RK2928 chipset , since the USB vendor id and pid is present on the driver.

Hi Dimitrico,
This works with my DFP1008R china noname tablet with RockChip RK2918 and Android 4.0.3 too! :)
Tried lots of ADB drivers, but the key is special adb.exe from this pack!

fpopic

Nov 4, 2009
how to avoid windows 8.1 security warnings ?

certdrivers.png

Last edited:

Raztan

Dec 6, 2013
Thanks, Finally got ADB working on my JXD 7800.

I kept thinking it was the driver turned out to be the ADB build.. what makes this one special?
eh.. anyway now how do I get fast boot running? anyone know of a special build of that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am struggling to make my USB debugging works for Momo7 dual core with RK3066 chip. This is what I found to make it works at least for my Windows 7 64bit. This should be the same with other RK3066 devices also.

1. Install ADB driver
    After connect to USB (make sure USB debugging enabled and don't mount the mass storage device) You will find that MOMO7 is not recognized in the Device Manager. The simple way is to install Moborobo, it will find and install a driver for you.
    If you dont want to install Moborobo, you can use standard adb driver comes from SDK but you need to edit the android_winusb.inf file to add

Code:
    %SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006
    %CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006&MI_01
    %SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
    %CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01

in both Google.NTx86 and Google.NTamd64 area.

For other model and manufacturer, just change the VID and PID which you can get from Device Manager > Properties > Details > Hardware Ids.

2. Use suitable ADB
    Using adb from Android SDK is not working for some/almost RK3066 device (I think). I tried a few adb embedded from the other application like SuperOneClick but not working. No device found if you run "adb devices". I almost giveup but suddenly adb from ROOT.bat here contain is the only adb that can see my device.

Credit goes to bindassdost to point to the adb in the first link here

and yuvarajv to mentioned the adb embedded in root script contain ROOT.bat here

Hi there.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Drivers/ADB_drivers_RK30.rar

Root Momo7 & Momo8 Dual Core

The Momo7 & Momo8 using RK3066 can be root by using a Chinese program ZhuoDaShi. http://www.dashi.com/