What is mm-qcamera-daemon?

Search This thread

LeKtRiCzzz

Jan 8, 2011
What is this? This just started today and my battery life has decreased substantially. I downloaded only two apps which were "airdroid" and "reality piano" both were deleted but it is still running.

uploadfromtaptalk1368405563563.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Have you tried stopping the process and see what happens? It would seem that maybe something you downloaded or installed is either being polled or is polling using the daemon process. Obviously related to the camera or camera driver.

Or maybe you just left your stock camera app running. Check and see what applications you have running and see if any of them are related to the camera.

Last edited:

LeKtRiCzzz

Jan 8, 2011
It stopped after an hour but now my phone is getting pretty hot

LeKtRiCzzz

Jan 8, 2011
Yea I dont think its on anymore because the time has said 59 mins for a while

kylecore

Jun 20, 2010
Chatham
I'm going to throw a wild guess out there but you downloaded airdroid and reality piano both of which actively use the camera for whatever task they may have so its most likely one of the two.

Reboot your phone, start one of the apps and see if the process starts?
If its reality piano then you're sort of SOL because its main purpose is using the camera
If its airdroid try and disable the process, might stop a few features but the rest should be ok.

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Google just announced a fix for this bug.

Android Central: Google pinpoints Nexus 5 camera/CPU usage bug, fix coming in next Android release. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwzPD-ihI

If this post helped you, feel free to click "Thanks"... Thanks! :p

The fix only applies to Nexus devices when they get the 4.4.3 update. Each phone manufacturer (or whoever is responsible for updating their firmware) must implement a fix for the bug on their own. Google updates the Nexus devices directly (or supposedly). So Samsung would have to include a fix for specific Samsung phones.