official 5.6.890 (download) not leak

Search This thread

eww245

Aug 19, 2008
Throop
What apps will I need to restore to successfully apply this update? I've removed the following:

Apps 1.02.16
Backup Assistant 2.3.4
Backup Assistant Client 1.0
Blockbuster 0.8
Citrix Receiver 2.1.1059
City ID 1.1.7
DLNA 0709.69
GoToMeeting 1.0
Guided Tours 2.3.4
Help Center 2.3.4
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence 2.3.4
News 2.3.4
NFL Mobile 4.0
Skyp mobile 1.6.0.15
Slacker 2.1.191
Social Location 2.0
Social Networking 2.3.4
Task Manager 10.0
Tasks 1.0
V CAST Media Manager 4.2.99.36
V CAST Music 03.72.107
V CAST Tones 4.5.7
V CAST Videos 5.72.005
Voice Commands
Voicemail 1.1
VZ Navigator 7.1.5.33
Weather 2.3.4
ZumoCast 1.0.17

Also, what are the chances of bricking my phone if I just go ahead and try applying the update without restoring any of those apps?

Everything has to be restored. otherwise the update will fail

LaTropa64

Feb 7, 2010
Everything has to be restored. otherwise the update will fail

Thanks. I had everything backed up with Titanium Backup but half of the stuff wouldn't restore. It would just hang when trying. I couldn't get the following apps put back:

- Backup Assistant 2.3.4
- Backup Assistant Client 1.0
- DLNA 0709.69
- Guided Tours 2.3.4
- Help Center 2.3.4
- IM 3.0.4.6
- IM Presence 2.3.4
- News 2.3.4
- Social Networking 2.3.4
- Task Manager 10.0
- Tasks 1.0
- Voicemail 1.1
- Weather 2.3.4

Any idea how I can get those back?

eww245

Aug 19, 2008
Throop
Thanks. I had everything backed up with Titanium Backup but half of the stuff wouldn't restore. It would just hang when trying. I couldn't get the following apps put back:

- Backup Assistant 2.3.4
- Backup Assistant Client 1.0
- DLNA 0709.69
- Guided Tours 2.3.4
- Help Center 2.3.4
- IM 3.0.4.6
- IM Presence 2.3.4
- News 2.3.4
- Social Networking 2.3.4
- Task Manager 10.0
- Tasks 1.0
- Voicemail 1.1
- Weather 2.3.4

Any idea how I can get those back?

You can get all the original files here xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1164736

Reactions: LaTropa64

g3m1n1

Sep 23, 2010
Denver
Got the OTA update today in the North Midwest area. I had restored all apps I had previously moved to \system\app\backup prior to starting the update and it installed successfully. Root was lost but everything is working well. Call clarity does seem to be better as well. I am hoping for a bit more battery life, but that remains to be seen.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
I STILL do not get why people remove the apps rather than freeze them. The stock apps do not take up much space and updating is problematic when you remove them. Best to freeze and unfreeze when needed.

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
My friend has a unrooted droid 3 and her phone just got the update and now her phone doesn't recognize when headphones are plugged in. Has anyone had this problem or know a way to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

rlxurmnd

Jul 20, 2010
I got the update pushed to my phone today. I have all stock apps still installed. But I am rooted and the update fails to install.

I see where people are having success with the ota even if rooted. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

blingchopr

Oct 15, 2010
i received the update ota today and forgot to unfreeze the apps i had frozen with titanium and it still installed successfully.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

Jan 9, 2008
I got the update pushed to my phone today. I have all stock apps still installed. But I am rooted and the update fails to install.

I see where people are having success with the ota even if rooted. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am having the same problem I in un froze all the apps and still update fails

LRiley

Aug 3, 2010
I am having the same problem I in un froze all the apps and still update fails

best thing would be to use rsd to fastboot the imgs then use petesmotorolaroottools to restore apps then flash update

LRiley

Aug 3, 2010
My friend has a unrooted droid 3 and her phone just got the update and now her phone doesn't recognize when headphones are plugged in. Has anyone had this problem or know a way to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

just flash the update again

eezdva

Jun 24, 2011
Amsterdam
Hi I am in Holland. o sorry if my question is a bit stupid. But this update is only for the Xt862? I own the Bell XT860

KwiHa

Jul 22, 2007
UK
Hi,

Does anyone have the official 5.6.890 update zip?
I have to reflash my D3 manually.

Thanks,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The update was pushed to my phone today, don't know if its available for everybody or if its rolling out in baches, but I have the file and I'm not signed up for the soak test so I'm assuming its official.
    http://www.multiupload.com/5ZMDB712T9
    just unzip the rar
    don't know if anything is different but there it is
    YES you can root afterwards
    In DC no update yet either. Am I gonna have to reroot applying this or unroot then reroot?

you don't have to unroot before the update but you will have to root afterwards

Were you rooted prior to the updated? Had you removed or moved any bloatware prior to the update? Just wondering if the update unroots or fails if pre-loaded software is missing.
    I rooted before the update but I didn't remove bloatware, if you did it will probably fail. you can replace your deleted bloatware with PetesMotorolaRootTools
    The MD5sum is the same as the leak from last month, meaning it hasn't been touched since before it was leaked. Also means all the same fixes and issues are present.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium
    Not sure on how to do a couple of those things, but I will do some searching and try to find out. If you get a change to give me a little more detail, that would be great.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate you taking the time.

No problem. I'll try to get to my computer, but it will be a few hours. Meanwhile, everything you need is in PSouza's tool in the support_files folder.

PM me or just reply with your status and I will try to assist.

Start by going into a command prompt and CD to the support_files folder. From there you can run ADB shell to get connected to the phone. Do you have a # prompt when you connect?

Keep me posted!

No problem. I'll try to get to my computer, but it will be a few hours. Meanwhile, everything you need is in PSouza's tool in the support_files folder.

PM me or just reply with your status and I will try to assist.

Start by going into a command prompt and CD to the support_files folder. From there you can run ADB shell to get connected to the phone. Do you have a # prompt when you connect?

Keep me posted!

Hey, I'll be damned...worked like a charm!!

I knew about the support files with psouza's tool, but just needed to figure out a few of the basic ADB commands.

It was pretty simple once you pointed me in the right direction.
    You sir are the man...and I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.