[ROM] [EL30] [MTD] [BML] CleanGB v1.1.2 (2012/02/13 )

Search This thread

mionky

Nov 28, 2010
Lake City, GA
It's been working for me with every rom I've had including this one.
Make sure you open the app and once to enable it, whether you change the settings or not.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

yeah word on the streets says cm9 battery life is horrible
battery life is the #1 feature of any phone i choose to use
i took a step down in battery life coming back from the htc evo shift
it hurts to have lost some power to gain a handful of features on the epic
personally i think somewhere around eg22 we were getting much more battery for our money
maybe i just need a new stock battery?
is there a life expectancy on a stock battery?

willow_ve

Feb 22, 2011
yeah word on the streets says cm9 battery life is horrible
battery life is the #1 feature of any phone i choose to use
i took a step down in battery life coming back from the htc evo shift
it hurts to have lost some power to gain a handful of features on the epic
personally i think somewhere around eg22 we were getting much more battery for our money
maybe i just need a new stock battery?
is there a life expectancy on a stock battery?

all batteries have a life expectancy. it's usually measured in charge cycles so if you frequently plug in, unplug, etc. all day long every day you're potentially using up more charge cycles than if you only plug in overnight (or even every other day for light users).

if you feel like your phone is having trouble going all day it might simply be a worn out battery. not that expensive of a fix.

biggest culprit for battery chomping for me was routinely the Time Without Signal. to check this percentage go to your home screen, hit menu, settings, about phone, battery use, then hit "cell standby" . this should show you the amount of time your phone has been on and the time without signal.

if your Time Without Signal (TWS) is over 5% you probably need to update your PRL. or you might spend a lot of time inside with terrible or no reception (which makes your phone endlessly search for signal - in that case toggle data off and/or switch to wifi during work/etc).

+++++

PRL = preferred roaming list
to update go to your home screen. menu, settings, about phone, system updates, update PRL.

i just ran the update and am showing PRL #60685 as the latest update
(as of April 06, 2012 PRL is now 60686)

(to check your PRL # go to home screen. menu, settings, about phone, status)

on CleanGB you should be able to update your PRL using the above method. in the past certain ROMs and certain phones have failed to update to the newest PRL using this over the air method. if that is the case you'll have to find the latest PRL and manually flash to your phone. (i assume 60685 is the latest, but i could be behind)

Last edited:
Reactions: thomasskull666
I am going to put this on my wife's phone but just wanted to double check a couple of things.

1. I was going to flash this:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1457981 through CW..? Or should i use Odin to put ei22 as I have heard that el30 had some problems???

2. If I go to MTD from BML (which I am currently on) it will automatically update the partitions to MTD then flash. If this is correct will it erase everything on the sdcard first or does it keep data on card??

Thanks in advance

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I am going to put this on my wife's phone but just wanted to double check a couple of things.

1. I was going to flash this:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1457981 through CW..? Or should i use Odin to put ei22 as I have heard that el30 had some problems???

2. If I go to MTD from BML (which I am currently on) it will automatically update the partitions to MTD then flash. If this is correct will it erase everything on the sdcard first or does it keep data on card??

Thanks in advance

You cannot use odin for the ei22 modem since we have no modem.bin for it. You can either flash the EI22 modem or Odin the EL30 modem.
And nothing touches the sd Card. Only if you format it will it get erased or if it goes bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

You cannot use odin for the ei22 modem since we have no modem.bin for it. You can either flash the EI22 modem or Odin the EL30 modem.
And nothing touches the sd Card. Only if you format it will it get erased or if it goes bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

not arguing at all but what is this: http://www.nubecoder.com/files/android/SPH-D700/modem/modem_delta_EC05_to_EI22.bin, i just don't want flash the wrong thing and the link for ei22 is broken here: http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?1226-Modem-Odin-ACS-EI22!!!-EH17-EH06-EG22-EF10-EF02-EE03-EC05-EB13-DK28

Thanks

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

Djinn23

Oct 23, 2010

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
Starting to have my phone freeze at least once a day. Not complaining, but wondering if I should just wipe and reflash or wait to see if there is going to be some new update coming down the pipe?

Still love this ROM.

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Starting to have my phone freeze at least once a day. Not complaining, but wondering if I should just wipe and reflash or wait to see if there is going to be some new update coming down the pipe?

Still love this ROM.
I thought it was just happening to me .... solar flares maybe ? This ROM Still ROCKS !

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL

Still love this ROM.

I would say yes, Trident. But the burning question to me is; are there going to be any more updates to ANY TW Rom? The development section has gone dark, except for pure Android roms. Toad, Sensei, Viper, Random, Marcus; anything in the works? EL30? FB15?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Robalboa

Jun 27, 2011
myrtle beach

Still love this ROM.

Probably undervolted a little to far! Bring voltage up on the top end 25 and the bottom end 25 and you should be good! I had the same issue

MTD (EL30)
BLENDED CLEAN GB AND ERA LWTG
SHADOW V3.0
(in the voice of lil john)
YAAAYUUUUUHH!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: Development on CleanGB is over. See this post.

To stop the update notifications from happening on this ROM, see this post.

CleanGB_LOGO.png

IMPORTANT: Please read this thread about MTD if you don't know what it is or means.

For those of us who just want our phones to $%#^@! work.

This is a clean EL30 based ROM with a custom Black theme. While much of the preloaded Sprint bloatware is removed, useful stock software like ThinkFree Office, MyFiles, Memo, Clock, and calculator are left in. Stability is the number one priority in this ROM. Those who are into bleeding edge/ricer ROMs may find this ROM boring.

Feature List:
    • Based on Samsung's Official EL30 Release
    • Deodexed
    • Custom EL30 kernel with the following features (most features taken from Rodderik's EI22 repo):
      • init.d script support
      • keyboard fixes
      • overclocking to 1.316Ghz (Steps: 100,200,400,600,800,1000,1128,1200,1316) (Thanks to dyehya for help on these!)
      • Voltage control
      • WIFI stability fix
      • CWM5 Support
      • bootanimation.zip support (None included by default. Place one into '/system/media' and it will play)
    • Yaffs2 file system (MTD Version)
    • RFS file system (BML Version)
    • ADW Launcher
    • Reboot and Reboot to CWM Recovery on the power menu (Thanks to untermensch for the excellent quide)
    • Hacked Sprint Hotspot (necrosan, Tortel1210, toadlife)
    • 1% battery (Icons by Mendozinas)
    • 3G/1x icon fix (SenseiSimple)
    • CRT Off
    • No battery popup
    • Screen stays off when unplugged
    • Volume rocker mod (sound on to vibrate to silent) (mkasick)
    • Silent Camera with no battery warning
    • Scrollable Status Toggles (lidroid, SensieSimple, toadlife
    • AOSP Lockscreen
    • Logsprovider fix (no messages in call logs)
    Downloads:

MTD Version:

Full Version: CleanGB-MTD 1.1.2 (144MB) (MD5: E60DDEC4723D505BBC1ECCDA800DE0C8)
    Incremental Update: CleanGB 1.1 to CleanGB 1.1.2 Incremental Update (3.6MB) (MD5: DF40BBA1FF1C3D08EC669915310DFC3A)
    ROM Manager Web Connect Link: CleanGB-MTD 1.1.2
    Kernel: CleanGB-MTD Kernel (6d33744cf2)
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/toadlife/EL30-CleanGB-Kernel/tree/RELEASE-CleanGB-1.1

BML Version:

Full Version: CleanGB-1.1.2 (138MB) (MD5: 060C41E86FBF9D1F7ACD722E0B7DA7BA)
    Kernel: CleanGB Kernel (6d33744cf2)
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/toadlife/EL30-CleanGB-Kernel/tree/RELEASE-CleanGB-1.1

Boot into CWM and flash. Info on CWM

Optional Mods:

NOTE: These mods apply to BOTH the MTD and BML versions.

Touchwiz Lockscreen
    AOSP Lockscreen (If you want to go back from the Touchwiz lockscreen)
    GPS Fix (increases satellite locks from 2 to 10, presumably at the expense of battery usage)

If you like my ROM, buy me a beer!
    Hi all. I just dropped by to say hi and give an update.

I took a break in the spring because my wife was working on her masters thesis and needed help with the kids so she could work. She was not able to finish by June and had to re-enroll over summer.

Well she finally finished and graduated in August with distinction with a masters in English literature from Fresno State. :highfive:

We have four young kids (1.5,4,6 and 8) with two of them in school and our fifth is due in late October. As you might imagine with the kiddos in school and the baby coming soon, I don't really have time to develop an Android ROM anymore...and even if I wanted to, the USB port of my Epic is very flaky now, so I don't think I could if I wanted to.

Anyhow I hope you all enjoyed (or are still enjoying) the fruits of my labor. I'm still running CleanGB MTD 1.2 on my phone (with the build.prop hacked to prevent the update).

To those who sent me the kind emails in the last few months, thank you - you know who you are. If you PMed me or emailed me and I didn't answer, please don't take offense; I'm an introvert with poor manners. ;)
    I'm not gone. Just busy with life lately. The wife is working on her master's thesis right now and I've been spending 101% of my time supporting her. I haven't even looked into the new release yet.
    Here is the GPS Fix made to work with MTD. I removed a bunch of unneeded files from it; the only file that the GPS fix changes in /system/vendor/bin/gpsd. I just flashed it and confirmed that it does indeed increase the number of satelite locks from 2 to 10. I will be including this in the next release.

http://xda.toadlife.net/packages/EL30_GPS_FIX.zip